homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » The Photo Thread v4.0 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Photo Thread v4.0
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 20:42      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had a good day out and about. These are some shots I'm
pleased with (though it is after my bedtime.)

Even trucks get the summer off.
 -

An old piece of farm equipment that came with my brothers back yard.
 -

-

And during the evening rain the sun came through under the clouds at sunset.
 -

Anybody else?

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 22:16      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics. HalfVast! I particularly like the contrast and composition of the third one.

Here's a couple from my last camping trip (up island from where I live, in Tofino BC). They're not great, just had my digital camera with me.

-

-

-

The entire set can be found here, although it's mostly just us mugging for the camera.

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 22:26            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is one of my favourites. I'd already snapped the scene when I saw a flock of birds flying over, so I quickly re-shot with the birds in. I think it works well:

-

A couple of views from where I live, taken last autumn:

-

-

IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2006 22:31      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took this not too long ago.

-

And I took this because I forget about how unusual a cloverleaf is outside of California.

-

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 04:22      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that looks like the 60/5/110 overpass.

speaking of wich, did they ever finish the 60/91 interchange?

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 06:25      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace:

That's the 10/57/71 interchange. I was heading back from LA when I took it.

It has beeen a while since I was down the 91, because of the construction, but the last I heard it was still moving along slowly. Last year there was a legal dispute that stopped all work for a while, so they are behind schedule.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 06:26      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I was fairly pleased with this for a close-up:

-

It was taken on a very cheap camera. Actually, the photo is pretty crap, but cool coin bridge, no? [Wink]

Here's an overview:

-

I want to see someone do some HDR photography. Like these.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 08:19      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex-wife wanted some professional pictures taken but couldn't afford it so I volenteered to take them. They turned out great. Used a 3.2 MP camera and my 5.0 MP I did the editing in iPhoto.

-

-

-

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 10:28      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
macd -----------nice pics, but how about a little warning next time and a link. Some of us surf on company time.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 10:33      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought they where tastfull enough. I guess at my company (Graphic arts company) we see this kind of stuff all the time.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 11:17      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
I thought they where tastfull enough.

Most people's employers aren't used to seeing nude photography over someone's shoulder, though.

Also, I'm surprised you (a) kept those photos, and (b) put them online. Sure, they're tasteful, but I'd still regard it as an invasion of privacy...you never know who'll see them on a public forum, and now that they're online, they're online for good. I'd advise you to keep your ex's nudie shots to yourself and burn the negatives.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 11:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
I thought they where tastfull enough.

Most people's employers aren't used to seeing nude photography over someone's shoulder, though.

Also, I'm surprised you (a) kept those photos, and (b) put them online. Sure, they're tasteful, but I'd still regard it as an invasion of privacy...you never know who'll see them on a public forum, and now that they're online, they're online for good. I'd advise you to keep your ex's nudie shots to yourself and burn the negatives.

Both good points...the latter even more than the former, I'd say.

But please...if you keep them online, link those instead of inlining them... it really is NSFW for many people.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 11:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All my photos lately are snapshots of the things my baby is doing.

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 12:17      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Peebs, I never thought I'd be saying that, but that is the most adorable baby evar. Awwwww.
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 15:46      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacD:

Dude, don't people usually do the "look what I have" thing, not "look what I used to have?"

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 16:44      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shroom, there're a couple of those huge interchanges near Harrisburg and a semi-big one going in a mile off the Penn State campus in State College. Philly has some similar. Or were you just being facetious/sarcastic when you said you forgot how odd cloverleafs are outside of California? (Which also makes me question if you were referring to the big interchanges or if you meant the normal entrance/exit ramp pairings on highways that look like cloverleafs when viewed from up above.)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 17:26      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 17:30      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
MacD:

Dude, don't people usually do the "look what I have" thing, not "look what I used to have?"

I do still have her. She has become my best friend

--------------------

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 18:17      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Shroom, there're a couple of those huge interchanges near Harrisburg and a semi-big one going in a mile off the Penn State campus in State College. Philly has some similar. Or were you just being facetious/sarcastic when you said you forgot how odd cloverleafs are outside of California? (Which also makes me question if you were referring to the big interchanges or if you meant the normal entrance/exit ramp pairings on highways that look like cloverleafs when viewed from up above.)

Rhonnie, I never said they were non-existant outside of California. Just uncommon. These large multi-level interchanges are a regular sight here in California. I know that they exist outside of here, I have been around the block a few times. [Wink] They are just not a regular day-to-day sight for many people.

As you said "There are a couple..." For us in So Cal. I can point to 3 in 45 minutes of each other. I cross 2 just to get home from work.

So no, no sarcasm or facetiousness.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 19:39      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

Rhonnie, I never said they were non-existant outside of California. Just uncommon. These large multi-level interchanges are a regular sight here in California. I know that they exist outside of here, I have been around the block a few times. [Wink] They are just not a regular day-to-day sight for many people.

As you said "There are a couple..." For us in So Cal. I can point to 3 in 45 minutes of each other. I cross 2 just to get home from work.

So no, no sarcasm or facetiousness.

There were a bunch of those built in Boston over the past few years, I'll snap some pictures when I get a chance.

MacD: it's not the same, unless you still get to enjoy all the benefits [Wink]

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2006 22:15      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A carved tree-stump, seen on my recent holiday. The figure is about 6 feet high:

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
canadiangeek
Geek
Member # 4946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2006 04:19      Profile for canadiangeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some photos on recent trips through the maritimes

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
-whenever you build something that's idiotproof, someone comes out with a better idiot-

Posts: 161 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2006 04:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
A carved tree-stump, seen on my recent holiday. The figure is about 6 feet high:

-

ASM? Is that you? *cough*
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2006 05:36      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
ASM? Is that you? *cough*

Far too intelligent-looking [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10678 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Crimson
Geek
Member # 5163

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2006 12:51      Profile for Crimson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Mostly taken on Harsens Island and Croswell, Michigan

Posts: 106 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture