homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Text adventure thread (Page 1)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 
 
Author Topic: Text adventure thread
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 18:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I blame GarlicGuy for this [Smile]

The rules:
No killing the main character.
No trapping the main character in a dead end.
No using names of people who post on geek culture.
Try not to post too many commands and result texts in a single post. It's more fun if everyone gets a turn.
The thread will probably look better if you disable your signature for the post, but it's not required.

So...


West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.

>

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 18:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Open mailbox

There is a small leaflet inside the mailbox. You are suddenly aware that you have a splitting headache and that you have to pee really, really, really urgently.

>

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 19:07      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>go east

The door is boarded and you can't remove the boards. Whoever lives here seems anti-social and probably wouldn't let you use their bathroom anyway.

The urge to pee is getting worse.

>

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 20:17      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> read leaflet

It turns out to be The Watchtower. Not only do you have to pee really, really bad but now you are trying to find a place to hide from the witness who left the leaflet.

>

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 20:18      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> go north

You see a rat.

You can feel your bladder becoming infected.

> pee on rat

You peed on the rat!

The rat attacks you.

>

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Posts: 948 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 21:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> go south
You see a house and a mailbox.

The rat is still attacking you.

> hide in mailbox

You are hiding in the mailbox.

It is very cramped and there's almost no air. Your headache is getting worse.

>

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2006 22:48      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> leave mailbox

You left the mailbox

The rat is attacking you!

> hit rat

You hit the rat.

The rat attacks you.

> hit rat

You hit the rat.

The rat dies!

> equip rat

You are using the rat as a flail!

>

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Posts: 948 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 08:57      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> Go South

> You find Britney Spears crying and attempting to invoke the Hindu Gods while beating things.

>Talk to Britney? Y or N

>Y

> She says "Where did you get that flail? Is that- It's my baby!! Return it or suffer the consequences!"

> Beat Britney with flail
or
> Return it
or
> Run like mad

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 09:16      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 181 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 09:28      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Stand up

You stand up and dust yourself off. After your escape you are beginning to feel hungry.

>Eat the dirty, decaying, possibly infected rat
or
>Eat the deliciously tasty lemon merengue pie
or
>Don't eat anything

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 09:30      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> Eat the dirty, decaying, possibly infected rat

You eat the rat, and find, while it is moderately vile, and makes your stomach ache, it's surprisingly filling, and you feel invigorated.

You wipe your mouth and look to the East. You realise there was a McDonald's just down the way that you could have eaten at.

You feel really stupid.

>

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 10:11      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Enter MacDonald

You are inside a typical MacDonald restaurant in its ugly red and yellow colors. The counter is on your right, the washrooms on the left.

>Go to counter

You are at the counter. You can:
Order
or
Insult the cashier

>Order

You get your meal

>Put rat's tail in the burger

You eat a bite of the burger, put the rat's tail in the remaining, then start screaming. The manager soon comes, and offer you 1000$ for staying silent about the incident.

>...

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 10:24      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can

>Take money
>Ask for more

You decide to take the money and leave the restaurant.
Now that you have money, you look around the "Mini Shopping-Mall" and see.
A brothel
A gun store
A strange looking man in a coat asking you to come closer.

You go into the brothel....

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 10:27      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An hour later, you come out of the brothel with a giant grin on your face, and $500 poorer.

At least you thought you were $500 poorer. You check for your wallet, and realise it's gone! Your ID, the rest of your cash, everything!

You see the brothel,
the mall,
the strange looking man,

>

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacMaster
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4610

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 14:01      Profile for MacMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Accost Strange looking man

He brandishes what looks to be a billy club. Upon closer inspection you find it is large rat.

>run like heck

You run with posthaste. Suddenly you are at the bank of a small river about 1 Metre(3 feet) deep.

Posts: 31 | From: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 14:32      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a means to defend yourself you start looking around and find a turtle

> Pick up Turtle
Or
> Leave it alone

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
1
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 14:36      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You stare into the small river and think to yourself, "Phew, I outran that Strange looking man". Then as you stare at your reflection in the water you see the Strange looking man's reflection behind. You turn around and he says, "Ha! Ha! I'm gonna kill you!"

You can...
>Run
>Fight him
>or pray

Posts: 147 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 17:29      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>pray

You fall to your knees, close your eyes, clasp your hands and begin praying to your deity of choice. A moment later you hear a crunching sound and a man screaming. Opening one eye, you see the Strange looking man hopping around and cursing while trying to remove the snapping turtle from his groin. Good thing you didn't try to pick it up.

You're so amused you double over laughing and fall right into the stream. As you stand up, you spot several dark shapes moving up stream towards you.

>

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 17:41      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>pray

You bow your head in prayer. After a minute you look up and notice the turtle is growing larger and larger. It is now the size of a small barn and a door opens in its side. You look behind you and notice that the strange man has morphed into an alien bearing an uncanny resemblance to Angelina Jolie. He is gesturing towards the door through which you can see a table on which there appears to be a large plate of bacon and eggs.

Do you

>enter or

>jump into the river hoping this will turn out to be a dream.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 19:20      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are allured by the bacon and eggs but the image of Angelina Jolie disembowling you comes to mind.

> Jump into stream

The streams turns into a raging river of blood and death. It seems you've forgotten to pay homage to the diety for helping you. Pity. How will you ever escape?

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 19:48      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> Jump out of stream

Which side?
> Side with turtle
OR
> Side without turtle

>Side without turtle

You have jumped out of the stream and onto the bank. Across the torrent of blood and death Angelina Jolie, the turtle, and the strange man are making out. This is your chance.

Do you
>Stand there watching
OR
>Run like hell

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 20:27      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> watch

You watch the trio make out.

> use camera

You take pictures of the bestial monage-e-tua [this program written by an english speaker; please forgive misspellings].

> post pictures

You posted the pictures on the internet!

You are making much money!

>

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Posts: 948 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 20:40      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> Use money to save the world from poverty.

> Use money to buy house.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.

You buy the house.

>

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 21:34      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 181 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 06:30      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The department store sells wood, hammers and turtles, but no paint.

You can:
Buy wood
Buy a hammer
Buy a turtle

>

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged


All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 
 
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0

homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam