homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Is it real or photoshopped?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it real or photoshopped?
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 19:17      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 20:31      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Impressive either way, I think. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 20:45      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've met people who've been born with additional appendages, but typically they weren't as well-formed and were cut off after birth. It's a form of dactylism, IIRC. The Giants of Anak were said to have six fingers on each hand. (I forget if they had six toes on each foot to match.)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 20:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's your every-day run-of-the-mill mayonnaise sandwich eating, redneck. Nothing to see here, move along. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:11      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toes #4 and #5 (counting from the left) have identical knuckle wrinkles and nearly identical toenail shapes, and the gradient on the sandal strap above them has a blip in it where it goes back to lighter lavender before turning dark again. So my verdict is: Photoshop.

quote:
That's your every-day run-of-the-mill mayonnaise sandwich eating, redneck.
Her name is Ingrid Montoya. You killed her brother's step-father's second cousin. Prepare for an a$$-whuppin'.
Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sidney
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 12:56      Profile for Sidney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:
Toes #4 and #5 (counting from the left) have identical knuckle wrinkles and nearly identical toenail shapes, and the gradient on the sandal strap above them has a blip in it where it goes back to lighter lavender before turning dark again. So my verdict is: Photoshop.

I disagree. The toes look different, and the gradient blip could easily have been in the fabric.

Vote: real.

Posts: 16 | From: Montclair, NJ | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 13:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a hint, guys: Read the original article with which that pic is associated. Note, some images on the page may be NSFW.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 15:14      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:

Agreed, plus on toe #4 you can see it's slightly jagged where they cut out the fleshy part on the right side, and also see a bit of smudge tool where they covered up the chip on the polish on toe 5.
*spends far too much time using photshop*

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Phizzy_Phil
Geek Larva
Member # 4452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 12:05      Profile for Phizzy_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't sue me for slander or anything, but I once heard Marilyn Monroe had six toes?
I do have quite weird dreams though, maybe I'm getting RL confused again!

Posts: 26 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Phizzy_Phil
Geek Larva
Member # 4452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 12:07      Profile for Phizzy_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wrong...
6 toe rumor

Posts: 26 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
SaSa
Mini Geek
Member # 4494

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 20, 2005 19:00      Profile for SaSa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...weird...

--------------------
Lalala!

Posts: 62 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture