homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » I am your Calendar Mistress! Submit... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: I am your Calendar Mistress! Submit...
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 15:32      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... your pix here. [Smile]

So far, extremely unscientific polling of an extremely small sample indicates everyone should be in the GC Calendar... [crazy]

So if you want in, post links to pics here.
(Links only please, since bigger is better!)

Yay! [Applause]

Oh... and:
Shroom_W3rk: Well firesnake, what kind of photos are you looking for with this?
Shroom_W3rk: natural? posing? posing naturally?
firesnake um, but *not* au naturel....

Edit:
If you don't want to submit your photo publicly, just msg me the link.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 20:25      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per Snaggy request:

http://www.acc.umu.se/~maswan/bilder/20050904-Stugan/IMG_5872.JPG

Posts: 71 | From: Umeå, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted September 16, 2005 21:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's Snaggy been smokin'? That's a backhoe/bucketdump, not a bulldozer! [Razz]

But it inspires me to ask if giant equipment helps us get into the calendar. I think I have pictures of me in high school at the John Deere and Case International plants in East Moline, Illinois.

EDIT: Added emoticon.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 21:38      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

But it inspires me to ask if giant equipment helps us get into the calendar.

/me doen't touch that comment with a 10-foot pole (so to speak) [Razz]
Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 21:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R: That was a bit harsh. You're recalling it based on a link you've just clicked. That was last posted nearly a month ago on IRC, and Snaggy is probably just remembering "Oh yeah...maswan on a big piece of equipment, looking damn cool." He's asking for the cool picture without a handy reference, so I think he can be cut some slack. The fact that he has full control over this site ought to offer him even a bit more courtesy...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 21:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:
quote:

Hey, I actually have a ~8 ft. pole - should I take a picture...and would that help or hurt chances? [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 16, 2005 22:00      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I formally request that dman post a pic of himself and his 8-foot pole.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 22:40      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
R: That was a bit harsh.

Wow. Way to jump all over me, dman. If you had heard the inflection in my voice, you would've known I was chuckling over the fact that someone mistook a backhoe for a bulldozer. I'll go back and edit in some emoticons in an attempt to convey the tone I intended. I definitely was NOT ridiculing our illustrious leader for misnaming Maswan's piece of equipment there.
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 22:43      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Eek! Really hadn't intended that question to be anything other than it was. Would "industrial machines" be a better choice (less open to salacious interpretation)?

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 23:06      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eek! Really hadn't intended that question to be anything other than it was. Would "industrial machines" be a better choice (less open to salacious interpretation)?

Aww, come on. This place just wouldn't be the same without leaving something open to salacious interpretation. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 16, 2005 23:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
R: That was a bit harsh.

Wow. Way to jump all over me, dman. If you had heard the inflection in my voice, you would've known I was chuckling over the fact that someone mistook a backhoe for a bulldozer. I'll go back and edit in some emoticons in an attempt to convey the tone I intended. I definitely was NOT ridiculing our illustrious leader for misnaming Maswan's piece of equipment there.
Rhonnie, you should know by now how sensitive boys are about their equipment. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 00:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, I actually have a ~8 ft. pole

Is that before, or after 'wind-chill factor' ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 01:12      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey, I actually have a ~8 ft. pole - should I take a picture...and would that help or hurt chances? [Wink]
A bit exaggerated are we now? and I doubt it is that after coming out of the water

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 06:26      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So would I! [Razz]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 07:26      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, a picture of myself in my working clothes at the Intrepid.
I am sitting under the Concorde during my break and was having a nice chat with a female co-worker....

**pic offline temporarily**

My tool is a bird that can fly at Mach 2.04, and up to 60.000 feet.... Any competition??
LOL

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 09:44      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right, it should be totally unlawful for anyone to be so photogenic! Do you EVER look bad in a picture, Tom?!

--------------------

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 10:51      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall soon have pics here. For any older pics please refer to my recent plug in a shameless manner.

It is late, please excuse.

macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 11:34      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me will get a real good pic done

time to call Simon the phographer

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 11:37      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
time to call Simon the phographer

Isn't he busy fighting prairie dogs?
[Wink]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 15:42      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.. Rhonie, I don't know..
But thanks for the compliment! [Big Grin]
At least I assume that it's meant to be a compliment.

To be fair, I have to say that not all of my pictures are up on my photobucket account because they are bad. So not all of my shots turn out that well [Wink]

I am sure though that you would certainly look good as well! I want to see shots of you [Razz]

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 6 posted September 17, 2005 17:00      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I definitely was NOT ridiculing our illustrious leader for misnaming Maswan's piece of equipment there.

*ahem*

I formally claim all rights as to the naming of maswan's equipment, correctly or otherwise.

[Cool]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 19:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

But I wanted...

Oh never mind.

[Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
- The Decemberists

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 11:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:

By popular demand...
 -
(Sorry it's kind of grainy - it'll be awhile yet before I truly grok the Gimp. I'm a programmer, not a graphic artist. [Wink] )

--------------------

supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 18:36      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh, I might run into some copyright issues here but...

-

I did that for a school photography project. I have a larger version, but I was under the impression that this was to be a men-only calendar, oh well [Razz]

On second thought, I don't really want that on the calendar, I'm just showing off my l33t photoshop skillz, or lack thereof.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 21:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, goo! you have gorgeous eyes!

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture