homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » w3rk p1x (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: w3rk p1x
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 13:07      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So as I start my last year of high school next week, my summer job as a medical records person is drawing to a close. One of the nurses is a really good photographer, so I asked her if she could take a picture of me in the chart room. So here I am:

-

Does anyone else have a picture of themselves at work that they'd like to post?

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 14:01      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pic, Supergoo! You look so professional [Big Grin] .

I work at a Subway... trust me, you wouldn't want to see pictures of me all frazzled in that horrible baseball cap, trying to make a dent in the years of grime that have built up in that place. My boss would probably fire me for something as 'pointless' as taking pictures at work [Roll Eyes] .

I was doing another type of work the other day - attempting to study for my Driving Theory Test in a couple of weeks. My friend snapped a terrible horrible pic of me at the peak of my frustration with the whole thing. I guess that's the closest to a picture of me 'at work' that there will ever be [Razz] .

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 18, 2005 14:05      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
supergoo, this is a forum filled with geeks. And here you go flaunting yourself with your hair up, wearing glasses, a name badge, frolicking amongst the files.... for the love of gosh, please do not post such erotically charged photographs!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 14:20      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Me just before a field opp in my flack jacket, and my 782 gear.

http://www.jaceraven.net/pics/pics/hollie%20002.jpg
for the full sized.

Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 14:41      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here I am, trust powerbook and crappy Dell. [Razz]

-

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 15:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pictures, all. GC is filled with such hot geeks. [Eek!] [Cool]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 16:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me chilling out in his geekosphere...
 -

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 16:55      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is mine...

-

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 17:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I suddenly realised I don't have any photos of myself in my work environment. And my camera's at home. I'll check if my camera nut colleagues have brought one...

Nice pics all that have posted, though.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 18, 2005 17:09      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, seeing myself on another screen in a picture is kind of creepy.

[Eek!]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 17:16      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
Wow, seeing myself on another screen in a picture is kind of creepy.

[Eek!]

/Note to self: change desktop background from supergoo pic before taking photo [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 18:06      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
I was doing another type of work the other day - attempting to study for my Driving Theory Test in a couple of weeks. My friend snapped a terrible horrible pic of me at the peak of my frustration with the whole thing. I guess that's the closest to a picture of me 'at work' that there will ever be [Razz] .

Driving Theory? There's a theory behind driving? Over here we just drive without thinking about it.
[Wink]

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 10:38      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:

Driving Theory? There's a theory behind driving? Over here we just drive without thinking about it.
[Wink]

I say, thats how I thought it was.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 11:01      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fear cameras. We don't get along.

As such, there are no work pics of me. If you want to know what it looks like that bad, look at me in the gallery, and then add a keyboard, mouse, phone, monitor, blackberry, mp3 player, styrofoam cup, and some cheap coke can speakers, in a yellow cubicle, and you've got it.

On a completely unrelated note, today is my last day at Cyberus. Monday I begin me new, higher paying, sexier, fun job I'm looking forward to.

My MSN name is currently, "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 11:34      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a photo I just took. You can see my mess that I call a desk... Just in case anyone wonders. Yes that's winamp and yes that's GC. And no, I am messing around during lunch.
 -

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 13:59      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Action shot

http://members.shaw.ca/phantomtek/pix/macmcseboy.jpg

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 15:21      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned to drive in days when the theroy was to drive the car without hitting anything else and that would do well enough to get a licence [Big Grin]

Shroom: you're one fine looking bro - if I batted for the other side I think I would be tempted to have a crush on you [Big Grin] (that is a joke but you are looking good nonetheless)

Maybe Monday I'll think to take my camera into my little geekosphere at work and post one of that (with or with out me in shot)...

[Wink]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 16:30      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

ok this is me at work. (on my back porch hehe) of course, i don't work in an office, or anything crappy like that. i work at home. i live with my brother in law while my sister is in biloxi in air force tech school. shes learning how to fix C17 globemasters for the AF reserve. meanwhile, i watch 2 kids under 5 during the day, plus keep an eye on my ten year old nephew after school, in exchange for room & board. lovely. heres a pic of my 2 lil nephews.

-

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 18:43      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you need to add laundry/stain removal to your list of tasks to complete at "work," bull3t! [Razz]

And Shroom.... is macmcseboy your brother? From what I can tell, you guys look very similar. (Then again, macmcseboy's head is down... dark hair is dark hair is dark...)

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csm

SuperFan!
Member # 1281

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 18:51      Profile for csm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's me at work.

[]

They don't allow cameras there. Sorry. [Smile]

--------------------
Objects in signature are funnier than they appear.

Posts: 34 | From: A well connected outhouse in Michigan | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 19:02      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My picture in the gallery was taken at work but I was aware of it.

This is more typical. From a couple of years ago when I wasn't
expecting it (hence the brilliant expression on my face...)

Here I'm wondering why nobody else can run the Agfa 1500
imagesetter without screwing up the processor. Thankfully
it's retired (the imagesetter, not me [Razz] )

-

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 19:10      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm a grad student, so I get paid to do research.

I do some benchwork: pic1

Then I do some crap at a computer: pic2

Then I have to present a poster at a meeting or two: pic3

(I know, my hair has multiple personalities)

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 21:19      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...what's the most appropriate response?

/me tries with: *phwoar* (and hopes Orpheus doesn't frequent another site. [Wink] )

Actually and quite randomly, it occurs to me that you bear something of a resemblance to my coworker's wife. Anyway, I think the pipetting shot is the nicest - at the very least, the light is best in that one. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 22:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HalfVast....

Wow! You are a total hunk! [Wink]

Maia....

Regarding your PM to me a week or so ago... WHAT are you talking about? Gorgeous...

/me is glad no one can see her at work right now with her hair thrown up in a claw and a horizontally striped shirt a few inches too short. Oh, and don't forget the teal capris. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 23:04      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You study through osmosis eh? Every test I've tried that with I ended up with a B [Frown] . Well, except the test on osmosis, there is knowledge in practice
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture