homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Feedback needed - Geek shirts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feedback needed - Geek shirts
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 10:20      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has long been my dream to make t-shirt designs. And i finally got the chance at my design job. So I need some help from my fellow geeks!

So far, all of the designs I have are geek related, since this is all I really know much about. Below is a link to 15 designs i have so far, i'd really appreciate it if anyone on here would be willing to tell me which ones you like, just by posting the image number on here (1-15)

Thanks!

Edit - I promise I'm not spamming. I honestly wanted to just get feedback from people like myself. Give me a day or two and I'll post some gamer fan art!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16312224/

--------------------
never underestimate the power of boobies.

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 10:35      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that spamming a site for t-shirts that you stole a slogan from is pretty low.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 11:02      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
I think that spamming a site for t-shirts that you stole a slogan from is pretty low.

a) i'm not spamming. i fully intend to continue posting here, i just can't really post for fun while i'm at work.
b) i don't believe i stole a slogan from any site, let alone this one. in fact, i didn't see this site until today, i had these designs done on Friday...

i do apologize if it seems i'm spamming. i truly am not intentionally doing that. i just don't have time at work to post personal little posts. i needed feedback, i'm not saying "buy this shirt." i just found this site today, decided i liked it and wanted to join, and joined.

--------------------

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 11:07      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for the sake of arguement...

http://www.cafepress.com/geekcultstore/48379

But, relevant to what you're asking for...

I think some of them are good, although the D&D shirt screams *wedgerat.*

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 11:13      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
http://www.cafepress.com/geekcultstore/48379

oh well, good thing that wasn't one of my favourites. i added that one on a whim.

thanks for the feedback, though.

--------------------

macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 11:21      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iBOB:
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:

a) i'm not spamming. i fully intend to continue posting here, i just can't really post for fun while i'm at work.
b) i don't believe i stole a slogan from any site, let alone this one. in fact, i didn't see this site until today, i had these designs done on Friday...

i do apologize if it seems i'm spamming. i truly am not intentionally doing that. i just don't have time at work to post personal little posts. i needed feedback, i'm not saying "buy this shirt." i just found this site today, decided i liked it and wanted to join, and joined.

PRAY!!!

Pray that Nitro and Snaggy do not sue your ass bub... What you have done is deplorable.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 11:28      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
PRAY!!!

Pray that Nitro and Snaggy do not sue your ass bub... What you have done is deplorable.

okay. will someone tell me what is so horrible that i did here? we covered the whole "i'm spamming." now, who is going to sue me and why, exactly? everything you see on that chart of images are my own idea. something that i thought of myself. before now, i had never heard anyone say "geekier than thou." everything you see came from my head. if someone already had that idea, i'm sorry. what did i do that is so "deplorable"?

--------------------

iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 16:20      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay... so basically, because i made the mistake of posting a shirt saying "geekier than thou", based off of a timeless phrase, "holier than thou," and mistakingly, unknowingly, posted it on a site where the creators used the term "geekier than thou," i have to bow to their supreme intelligence, because i'm SURE they were the FIRST people EVER to take "holier than thou" and change it to say something else.

never underestimate the power of geek who thinks he is the only geek alive.

--------------------

n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 16:29      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never underestimate the power of the shift key. [evil]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 16:31      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us all stay cool here...

Tactless newbie = 1
Spammer = 0

As I see it:-

I actually liked some of the other ideas, and no one said anyone had (TM) on "geekier than thou" - I put it down to Jungian gestalt unconcious rather than rabid "blag"

Hell, my hobby is writing RPG systems, the number ideas that my friends and I have come up with that then appear almost immediately in another publication can't be counted... that is just a case of when an idea's time has come it will surface multiple times.

If I could litigate for every time an idea of mine also appeared elsewhwere my lawyers would be rich (but I doubt anyone else would)...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 17:17      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Tactless newbie = 1

i appreciate the fact that you are standing up for me (mostly), but i am somewhat offended being called a newbie. a tactless one at that. this offends me, because, despite being new here, i am certainly not new to message boards and am not one to spam. this thread was not meant to be spam. i fully intended to be a member of this forum... that is, UNTIL i was attacked, having people accuse me of stealing and needing to be sued. so then, i started thinking, "maybe i don't WANT to be a member here, if this is any indication to what i should expect."

i fully believe i was tactful when i arrived here. i realize it was unclear at first that i wasn't spamming, but i quickly apologized and swore i wasn't spamming. and i still got attacked. so yes, i stopped being tactful.

and while no one said TM at any point, being told i should be sued means the same to me. in my opinion, i wasn't even given the benefit of doubt. i am not the type to copy or steal, and i especially wouldn't steal then post it on the same site that i stole from. so i got angry because i don't like being accused of stealing.

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 17:45      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iBob

By the phrase "tactless newbie = 1" I was in fact attempting to be humorous... as in attempting to make it look like a code call - perhaps I should have been more obvoius by addition of [Big Grin]

I think you have had the rough end of the stick here, and actually I liked your stuff. I don't believe for one moment you stole the idea, or any idea...

Personally I very much apologise if in my attempt to be friendly I have inadvertantley offended you - I never intended such and my post was meant in all truth and without any sarcasm etc. concealed within.

This is a really cool board and a real good place to hang out. Trouble is because Nitro and Snaggy treat us so well and it is such a "nice" place sometimes some of us can get a bit "overprotective" and fly off the handle at a percieved "misdemeanour"...

Give us another go if you can and I hope we'll try to treat you better...

(hand extended for shake)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 18:01      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob. Here is are a couple of thoughts:

* As mentioned by dmx, use the shift key, you will instantly garner respect.

* Use the edit button and change the content of your first post to something along the lines of "Hi, I'm Bob...and I have have penchant for barnyard animals blah blah blah" You know, something more personal than "Buy my shirts"

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 21:26      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
iBob

By the phrase "tactless newbie = 1" I was in fact attempting to be humorous... as in attempting to make it look like a code call - perhaps I should have been more obvoius by addition of [Big Grin]

I think you have had the rough end of the stick here, and actually I liked your stuff. I don't believe for one moment you stole the idea, or any idea...

Personally I very much apologise if in my attempt to be friendly I have inadvertantley offended you - I never intended such and my post was meant in all truth and without any sarcasm etc. concealed within.

This is a really cool board and a real good place to hang out. Trouble is because Nitro and Snaggy treat us so well and it is such a "nice" place sometimes some of us can get a bit "overprotective" and fly off the handle at a percieved "misdemeanour"...

Give us another go if you can and I hope we'll try to treat you better...

(hand extended for shake)

Oy! Sorry. I misunderstood what you meant by the newb comment. Oh well. And I'm sure I'll stick around.

As for the shift key... fudge... I'll try. I'm the lazy type...

--------------------

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 06:18      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, personally I like 8 and 9, gave me a good laugh. I can just see myself having to explain those to people.

On 7 you should remove the last phrase, sounds a bit better [Wink]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 08:51      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
Heh, personally I like 8 and 9, gave me a good laugh. I can just see myself having to explain those to people.

On 7 you should remove the last phrase, sounds a bit better [Wink]

Thanks for the feedback. Personally, href hell is my favourite, but so far it has gotten a pretty low response. And "health potions is for wussies" has gotten an even lower response rate. So I don't see those two making the final cut.

PS. If anyone wants to see my actual artwork, you can visit my DeviantART page, until my real website is back up.

http://eldepressio.deviantart.com

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 10:25      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have been in the happy/good mood realm lately, so I stayed out of the general discourse above. Just popping in now to say 'Howdy and Welcome' to Bobblehead...err, iBob...and I like 14/15 though the letters look strange. (Wondering if that is actually the way they actually appear?) I would wear one in a babydoll tee.

Oh yeah, I have boobies too. /me points to profile pic [Big Grin]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 10:37      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm boobies *gurgle*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 10:57      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Well, I have been in the happy/good mood realm lately, so I stayed out of the general discourse above. Just popping in now to say 'Howdy and Welcome' to Bobblehead...err, iBob...and I like 14/15 though the letters look strange. (Wondering if that is actually the way they actually appear?) I would wear one in a babydoll tee.

Oh yeah, I have boobies too. /me points to profile pic [Big Grin]

Why thank you for the warm welcome. And just call me Bob. And yes, the fonts really do appear that way. I used it simply to keep from using the same fonts over and over. You are not the first to express dislike for it, so if that design is used, the font will be changed.

Boobies are fun.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2005 23:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey iBob, is this you ?
 -

(it's a show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival )

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 01:29      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why if it isn't Mr Bob Downe!

--------------------
Alan!

Two rabbis, a priest, and an awkward silence after there's no intelligible punch line to this joke, walk into a bar.

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
moped-rider
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3532

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 09:14      Profile for moped-rider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn`t know the English Language was copy righted.(You can keep some of the Geeks happy all of the time. All of the Geeks happy most of the time.But not all the Geeks happy all the time)Copy right moped-rider 23/03/05.

--------------------
I wouldnt give him the cheese of me qu** two stroke Eddie. http://www.macclads.co.uk/index.html

Posts: 45 | From: warwickshire england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
iBOB
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 13:22      Profile for iBOB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Hey iBob, is this you ?
 -

(it's a show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival )

Hahahaha. Close, but not quite. Actually, the "iBob" came from a screen name I use on another message board, the Superhero Hype. On there I'm "incredible bob," like the Hulk, just... me. And for a while now, many people would just call me ibob, and I liked it, so it stuck.

Yup.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture