homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » East Detroit Radio podcast! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: East Detroit Radio podcast!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 22, 2004 08:05      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ever-loving Rednivek has started a podcast!

What is a podcast you ask? It's an audio blog, and the hippest thing on the net at the moment. [Big Grin] You can subscribe to a podcast and get the latest feed automatically, or you can just click on the mp3 link, download it, and listen on your computer.

As Rednivek describes his show... "It's basically an internet radio type show, where we play some indie music (with permission) and discuss the music and other things. Remember, we're unprofessional and we're doing this for free and fun."

I like Rednivek's format... it's under a half hour long, which means I can actually find time to listen to it, and it's fast moving. I'm looking forward to seeing who he features in the future. And best of all, the first episode features a great intro by supergoo! [Big Grin]

You can find it at http://www.eastdetroitradio.com/

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 22, 2004 08:47      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! Got a few people on my corridor listening to it too [Smile]

When is the next cast?

Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 10:02      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Stibbons, thanks!

Next podcast is set for this weekend. If you've got iTunes or the like you can setup an automatic update for yourself... links on the site (www.eastdetroitradio.com).

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 22, 2004 11:24      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red definitely cool... You should be getting an email from a gal named Carmen Hillary.. she's got som great tunes and a helluva voice. told her to concact you directly. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 12:22      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great, thanks!

--------------------

supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 13:41      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
And best of all, the first episode features a great intro by supergoo! [Big Grin]

Whatever. The best part is when Snaggy starts singing! [Razz]

EDIT: oh yeah, and also when Rednivek says "east detroit radio daat caam." [Razz]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 19:49      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red, is there some sorta regional twang with Detroiters? There's a guy in my lab from Detroit (went to Wayne State even) and he talks like you.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 20:06      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Red, is there some sorta regional twang with Detroiters? There's a guy in my lab from Detroit (went to Wayne State even) and he talks like you.

I find it hilarious. I love traveling in the states just for the regional accents!

-

Daaaaaaa Bears!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 20:08      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its pretty interesting.... Supergoo mentioned it and I didnt realize we had accents here, but I guess its true.

Luckily you cant hear it so much when people sing. Like the Rolling Stones... if they sang instead of talked in a conversation then people could understand them.

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 20:32      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's pretty mild though.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 21:06      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work Red! Keep it up!

(Shameless Plug: If you're digging on podcasts, check out mine, with MisterMarc, at http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com (RSS feed at http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/podcasts/rss.xml ).)

=DB

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 21:30      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
Its pretty interesting.... Supergoo mentioned it and I didnt realize we had accents here, but I guess its true.

Luckily you cant hear it so much when people sing. Like the Rolling Stones... if they sang instead of talked in a conversation then people could understand them.

People say we have a nasally accent, guess I don't hear it either.

Going to load the show on my iPod and listen to it on my commute tomorrow. I hear I missed the Pixies in Detroit last week [Frown]

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 22:10      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:

No one will ever understand what the hell Keef is going on about.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2004 01:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old gag: why are the filters on Marlboros a different colour in Europe from the ones in America?

Ans: so Keith Richards knows which continent he's in.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2004 22:11      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overall great show (the radio play at the end was well....lets' just say I didn't make it all the way through) ! Snaggy your music sounded great! I hate to compare bands to each other but it helps give people an idea, your music reminded me of a cross between "Let's Active" and "Ultra Vivid Scene". Good stuff! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 22:47      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red's second podcast is up. Including a rather absurd intro by yours truly. Check it out!

East Detroit Radio

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2004 07:42      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canadians have regional accents too..

There's the french canadian english, there's nothern ontario english, there's western canada english, newfie english, southern ontario english, and non-newfie atlantic canada english.

eh.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2004 08:13      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by angryjungman:
Red's second podcast is up. Including a rather absurd intro by yours truly. Check it out!

East Detroit Radio

If she goes missing, the FBI will look you up first...

--------------------

supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 26, 2004 09:22      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by angryjungman:

East Detroit Radio

And a rather absurd ending by yours truly.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 26, 2004 09:53      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red! Great job!

I like the "broadcasting from the back seat of a Mustang" angle. [Cool]

and the signoff is nice, .... go goo!

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2004 09:56      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am enjoying it muchly - Top Stuff!!

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2004 12:42      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone...

Goo sounds cool (in the compromising location) and so does AngryJungMan this time...

Vote for us at:

http://www.podcastalley.com/search.php?searchterm=east+detroit+radio

Help us overtake Slashdot (remember that they were mean to Nitrozac once)!

--------------------

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2004 18:07      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I wish there was a podcast here in North Carolina like that. I've got a LOT of material I'd like people to hear.

Does stuff have to be from Michigan to get played?

Edit: nevermind... Snaggy's not from Michigan, d'oh.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 04, 2004 07:04      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say great job, Rednivek. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 04, 2004 13:38      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
need...

fresh EDR fix...

bad..... [Razz]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture