homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Chain Story: The Resurrection (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Chain Story: The Resurrection
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2004 14:52      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we have all been having so much fun with the Celebrity Names and Comments threads, how about another chain story? At least it's post whoring with some effort involved. [Wink] [Razz]

I will even start.

‘Twas a dark and stormy night at GC headquarters. Nitrozac and Snaggy were settled in with hot chocolate and a good movie when suddenly they heard a loud “BOOM” and the lights went out.

Nitro went to the closet in search of a flashlight, leaving Snaggy by himself. Sitting alone in the darkened living room, he saw strange glowing lights through the windows…

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2004 17:10      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! Silly stories!

Curious, he ignored Nitrozac's better judgement and went out into the cold PacNorthwestern rain to take a look. Nitrokitty, being a curious cat, followed. They approached the glow somewhat cautiously, and were met halfway by a tall figure with what looked like tentacles sprouting from its head. Snaggy recognized it immediately. "You," he said, his mouth going slightly dry.

"Me," it said.

"I should have known. You always were one for a dramtic entrance, Ghasburz."

"And you were always one to hide out on the most godforsaken rocks, Snaggorz. But now that I've found you, I once again offer you the choice: pay up or come with me."

Snaggy looked at Nitrokitty. Nitrokitty looked at Snaggy. "Let me think," Snaggy stalled....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2004 20:17      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The creatures eyes burrened in snasalots blosom's core, the image before him reminded him to much of his secret past. The Nitro-kitty's hair stood on end at the strange trespasser. The snagster said "I haven't got it, and I can't come with you..."

The thing shift unpleasently, snaggy figured it was plotting his death, after what happened the last time they were together.

Snaggy thrust a small box out before and said "I have this... It isn't much, but I'm sure you never expected to see it again."

The creature took the box, and opened it revealing....

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 00:09      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A jack-in-the-box without the Jack, just the spring. The rusty spring went into Ghasburz's face, giving Snaggy and Nitrokitty some time to flee. They met up with Nitro and ran into the...

--Can you feel the suspense??, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 00:20      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... Into yon dungeon. Sir Snaggalote attempted to seize yon torch affixed to yon wall.

This opened betwixt bookshelf into yon passage...

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 00:38      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Cyclops:
... Into yon dungeon. Sir Snaggalote attempted to seize yon torch affixed to yon wall.

This opened betwixt bookshelf into yon passage...

watching a bit of Strong Bad(if you wait after the movie you can play the games) Latley?

Snaggy realizes that Nitro is still back at HQ.
What should i do. I know Ghasburz is still back there but i dont know if my geekiness is strong to hold off the legendary Ghasburz. But Nitro, will she be ok...?

After long consideration he realizes that he must go back for her.

Running through yon dungeon and up the stairs through yon passage, he finds that he has lost Nitrokitty. Suddenly a deep pain shoots through his stomach, as he remembers Ghasburz's ploits durring the fall of 2084, that last night of pain, love and ...

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 01:19      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nachos! Accursed nachos! Such pleasure bringing such pain!

He returns to GeekCulture HQ, and rounding a corner he runs into....

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 08:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrozac, holding Nitrokitty in one arm and an uber-powerful flashlight in the other. Both look irate, and Snaggy notices that Notro is wearing her stomping boots.

"Exactly what is going on?" Nitro demands shining the light in Snaagy's face.

"I can explain, really," Snaggy stutters.

"Yes, do. Explain why flashing brihgt lights distract you. Explain why you took my cat along. And also explain why there is a dungeon in our house." Her voice is low and threatening. Snaggy licked his lips and blinked. The light was painful. Nitro was irate. They still had no power.

"Well, see," he began, "there's this guy I went to boarding school with, from Vorkon 7-"

"You went to boarding school?"

"Er, yes, 'tis a proper education for all Cetians. And we used to sneak out at night. And one night got a little bit crazy and..."

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 11:39      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And?" asked Nitro angrily.
Snaggy merely uttered a grunt and collapsed to the ground.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 21:26      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitro's scream died a-borning as from the shadows stepped Ghasburz, holding a hypodemric filled with something green.

"I'm dreadfully sorry," he said. "But he owes me money. And a few other things. So I will be taking him now."

He then picked up Snaggy's inert form and started to walk off with it. Just as he reached hte door Nitrozac and Nitrokitty recovered themselves. Nitro screamed, startling Ghasburz. Nitrokitty hissed and leaped, clawing the alien in the face before landing on Snaggy. Ghasburz shrieked like a small girl and dropped Snaggy, who was being scratched by the hysterical Nitrokitty. Snaggy woke up to see pink blood gushing from the cat scrathes on Ghasburz's face and grey tears running down his face. Realizing that things were going to hell in a handbasket, he snatched up Nitrokitty, grabbed Nitrozac by the hand, and threw them in the geek mobile along with Nitro's laptop. Hitting the gas, they tore out of town, making for the Yukon.

"What's going on?" Nitro asked again as Snaggy looked frantically over his shoulder.

"Like I said, I had a friend in high school named Ghasburz. We liked to gamble. I owe him money, and other things."

"Yes he told me that." Nitro looked over her shoulder. So far no sign of a follower. "What are these other things Snaggy?"

Snaggy hemmed and hawed...

--------------------
- The Decemberists

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 21:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, for one thing, I owe him a plate of nachos," Snaggy told Nitro.

Nitro responded, "Well, I really don't think he'd come after you with such a vengeance for nachos. What *else* do you owe him, Snaggy?"

"Do you remember that Beige G3 of yours, and how quickly it went in the past while you worked on AY2K?"

Nitro thought for a little, and said, "Yes, actually, it was quite swift in its rendering - I'm really lucky if it comes anywhere near that on the new machine - what was different?"

"Well," Snaggy said slowly, as they pulled onto a quiet dirt road, "Nitrozanium isn't quite as fictitious as you thought it was."

Nitro inquired, "What?! Where did it come from, and how does Ghasburz know about it?"

Snaggy again stammered, "Uhhh...hmmm..."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 21:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well," Snaggy admitted, "see, Ghasburz isn't really to upset about the money, or the nachos. It's the Nitrozanium he really wants."

"Okay, but how do you have it?"

"Well, there was this science fair, and I was trying to grow fish in a test tube. And it went horribly wrong..."

--------------------
- The Decemberists

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2004 22:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...and so I got so fed up with the fish-experiment-went-wrong that I went out for a hike. I went for a hike in the woods of Simskas - as Ghasburz had taken me there before. You see, his uncle, Ghazd, owns most of this land, but has been quite friendly about letting us wander about aimlessly in the woods, and hike up to the hills, where we can get a better look at Fehzbin. Alas, this was the day the friendship took a turn for the worse. For that was the day I found some rather intriguing green minerals, shining in the sun, glimmering behind dirt & mold."

"And this was Nitrozanium?"

"Not quite. I holed myself up in a lab for quite some time, trying to figure out what properties it had besides its deep green color, and enchanting refracting nature. Just on the basis of the discovery of a new mineral, in an area largely stripped of natural resources, and my cursory research, I was able to get an 'A' on the project and a ribbon in the fair. Ghasburz started to get rather jealous of me from that point on, and we tended to stay away from each other. Though I was happy with my grades and commendations, I was not about to stop pursuing this new substance - I just couldn't get it out of my mind. Why, even in my classes, I found that..."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 00:39      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"that I had to figgure out what it was. I named it Nitroronesaite, and kept as much of it as I could locked in my room, hidden in a secret compartment. Ghazburz was the only other person who knew about the compartment, having been my best friend. Stiken with jealousy he broke into my room, and tried steal a piece. Well, I came in just as he was sneaking out. He was startled and dropped a piece, and it happened to land in an open jar of peanutbutter. The two reacted, and..."

Nitro intrupted the story with a scream, and snaggy looked back to the road, Ghazburz ship was hovering up the road a bit. The ship is exsactly the shape of an acorn, but completely different. It was exsactly the size you'd expect a Grazianite Personal Cruzer to be, if indeed you are familiar with Grazianite Personal Cruzers. The Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy has a lot to say about Grazianite Personal Cruzers, but little of it is useful when your headed straight for one at 60 miles an hour.

Snaggy, stepped on the brakes, but the geek-mobile didn't respond. Just then, another alien craft appeared in the sky. It was silver, and sphereshaped, with no noticable doors or windows. From this new ariving ship a very loud and threating, yet high-pitched voice came from it and it said, "Gazburz and Snaggorz, I have come for what you stole from me, the transention ray. In case you haven't guessed, this is your old friend...

--------------------
My Site

SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 16:25      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitrozac and Nitrokitty both looked at the two space ships. In perfect unison they turned and looked at Snaggy.

Nitrozac sighed, "I would love to hear how this guy comes into the story," as she jerked her thumb at the window, indicating the new arrival.

A beam of red light shot from the front of Ghasburz's ship and enveloped the Geek-Mobile. As the vehicle began to levitate toward the acorn shaped ship, the new arrival realized his quarry was about to escape. Not to be outdone, a blue light shot from his ship, locking on to the levitating Geek-Mobile.

Snaggy, Nitrozac, and NitroKitty were the prize in a purple-hazed tug of war between irate extraterrestrials taking place hundreds of feet above the ground...

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 19:48      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the plot has thickened. [Smile]

They hovered for a moment. Nitrokitty began to panic and claw the interior of the car. Nitrozac looked ready to do the same, and Snaggy merely slumped despondently over the steering wheel.

It soon became apparent that they were in a stalemate as Ghasburz and Snaggy's other old friend Mork dueled over the geekmobile and the precious Nitrozanium inside. "What's going on?" Nitro asked for the one hundredth time, trying to keep her sliding grip on reality and secretly hoping she'd just wake up and find it was all a dream.

"I'm not going to give you a full run down on galactic patent law. But you know how our nieghbors down south have the most litigious society in the world?"

"Yes."

"Well, taken as a whole the Milky Way makes Americans look like kittens. I discovered Nitrozanium. It's worth more than any gambling debt Ghasburz can hold against me. In fact, I've offered cash to pay that debt, but he's turned it down. I had to borrow Mork's transention ray for the initial synthesis. We made a verbal agreement. We all thought it would fail.

"It didn't. So next thing I knew I was a thief and a debtor and on my way to court. I came to Earth to hide, along with the original sample, but they've found me."

"So why don't they just send their lawyers?"

"The courts won't be able to settle this in our lifetimes. The petitions have been filed." Snaggy gave Notrozac a wan smile. "Consider this an out-of-court settlement negotiation." Nitrozac was silent. The car hovered.

"Where's the Nitrozanium now?" she finally asked.

"In your laptop."

"So if we throw away the laptop..." Nitrozac's voice trailed off. She didn't really want to give up her laptop, but she was prepared to if that put her and Snaggy and Nitrokitty back on solid ground. "Why are we still hovering?" she suddenly demanded.

"Because Mork and Ghasburz don't want to share the Nitrozanium either. Look," Snaggy sighed, "I'm sorry you got involved. I'm sorry your laptop got involved. And I thank you for the offer to throw it away, but they don't want just the Nitrozanium. They want me as well."

"To do what?"

"To make more Nitrozanium. When I realized how big this was going to be I fudged my lab books. Bad science I know, but I had a feeling that something like this would happen. They can sue me all they want, but they still need me to make their trillions." He looked out the window. "I wish there was a way to get you and Nitrokitty out of this..."

But they were more than hundred feet off the ground, and there were no convenient haystacks or mattresses to land in. Suddenly the car lurched towards Mork's ship....

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 20:01      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A small, furry catapillar crawled across the dashboard. It stood up and said "Things are not as they seem, Nitrokitty!"...

--------------------

SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 20:22      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NitroKitty lept from the back onto the dashboard. With the sudden jolt toward Mork's ship, both NitroKitty and the caterpillar tumbled to the floor. When the car steadied itself, moving smoothly toward the spherical ship, Nitrozac and Snaggy looked down.

There was no sign of the talking caterpillar. There was, however, a smug feline look on NitroKitty's face as she daintily cleaned her paws.

Nitrozac grimaced as Snaggy sternly reprimanded, "Bad NitroKitty! No eating sentient beings! Bad!"

As the car approached Mork's ship, a panel lifted, creating an opening in the otherwise smooth surface...

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 29, 2004 20:37      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some would call it a smooth suface, or at least very nearly smooth. You could probibly find smoother metal, it probibly would not be too difficult at a repuitble welding supply shop. The same kind of shop that sells custom markers to mark peices of steel for welding. No, the surface was more of a brushed steel look, like the side of a zippo lighter that Dr. Cyclops once owned but lost mysteriously, not overly shiny, but clearly metallic...

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 20:55      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. C: either contribute or don't. No more of this half-ass shit. [Wink]

Slowly the car came through the opening, and to rest on a platform. THe door closed, invisible. They were in a metal eggshell.

Something tall and scaly approach. It had two yellow eyes and a grey beak. Somehow it gave off the impression that it was very angry. Nitrozac pointed, "Is that..."

"Yep," Snaggy replied, not looking at his partner. "That's Mork. Don't talk to him unless he addresses you first." He ran his hand nervously through his hair. "In fact, since Nitrokitty just ate his pet caterpillar it might be best if we just didn't talk to him at all."

"Even if he addresses us?"

"He won't. Trust me. Not until he gets Nitrokitty to give the caterpillar back."

"WHAT?"

"He won't hurt her. But she'll learn not to eat anything that can speak. And then he'll talk to us."

Just as Snaggy finished talking Mork reached the car. Nitrokitty cringed under the back seat as he opened the rear door and reached inside.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 01, 2004 00:08      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He took Nitrokitty into his hand, which was more than Nitrozac could bear, but she looked into Snaggy's eyes and knew she was better off staying silent. Meowing and wiggling around, desperate to be free, Nitrokitty tried neumorous times to bite free of her captor. Mork seemed unscathed by the bites and scratches and put Nitrokitty on a table with enough force to make the kitty uncomfortable but not enough to hurt his pet. Mork then put Nitrokitty in a machine that looked like it was straight out of the first Matrix movie and extracted his furry talking catapillar, who came out screaming obsenities, from the furry Nitrokitty . Snaggy looked at Nitrozac as she breathed a sigh of relief but at the same time clutched her hand so tight her nuckles turned white. Just then, Nitrokitty, feeling stunned and disoriented, then slumped over the table where the proceedure was performed and onto the cold, steel floor. At that point, Nitrozac...

--Cut the tension with a butter knife!, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 21:47      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... shook the look of disbelief as if remembering something long forgoten. She turned and looked at Snaggy. She fumbled to remember what she thinking about, but it failed to come. She held out her arms for NitroKitty, and started to move to pick up her cat, but Mork stepped in her way, and stroked his catapiliar lovingly.

There was a horrendous sound of metal scrapping against metal, and it became clear that Mork had forgotten about his other old friend. He grunted unpleasently... sparks and the sound of drilling filled the room. Gazburg was trying to force entrernce into Mork's ship, and was doing a good job of it until...

--------------------
My Site

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2004 22:13      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The spell was broken by Nitrokitty's scream of frustation. She'd had her stomach pumped by a parrot with an attitude problem, the parrot wasn't allowing her to see her mom, and that was all on top of being caught in a galactic patent battle gone horribly horribly wrong. With a yowl of angry she lept, bounced off Mork's shoulder and landed in Nitrozac's arms. Mork was so surprised he dropped his caterpillar, which ran for cover as the wall started coming in and Ghasburz started boomming over his PA: "Deliver Snaggorz! I found him first, he's mine!"

"Not on your life!" Mork shouted back. "The metal wouldn't even exist without me! Snaggorz is mine, and his friends too." He then turned to Snaggy. "Interesting hiding place you have. But you always had an interest in primitives didn't you?"

"Let them go," Snaggy said, and raising his voice he added, "You too Ghasburz. Let Nitrozac and Nitrokitty go free, with the car, and I'll do what you ask."

"And the Nitrozanium?" Ghasburz asked. Snaggy's mind raced - did they know about the laptop.

"Yes," Mork said, focusing on Snaggy. "The Nitrozanium? Do you have it or did you leave it in your hovel?"

"It doesn't matter. I know how to make more." Snaggy was hedging. He didn't want to give up his original sample. He had no idea why - it just seemed like a Bad Idea.

Mork glared at him so hard for so long that no one noticed Nitrozac reach into the car and pull out the only weapon available: her precious laptop. Just as Mork opened his beak to inform them all that Snaggy was being less than forthcoming, Ghasburz shouted that his sensors were reading the presence of Nitrozanium and Nitrozac's laptop hit Mork straight in the back of the head. The alien crumpled, and Snaggy sprang for the control booth across the room. He threw himself into the seat and started punching buttons, jekring the Personal Cruzer up, out and away so violently that GHasburz had to detach. He lost a good chunk of the Cruzer as well as his former friend, but Snaggy would worry about that later.

NItrozac strapped herself in next to him, watching her favorite alien work the controls. "DO you know what you're doing?"

"I think so. It's been a while. I haven't flown one of these since I left Ceti IV." Thsoe were the good old days, when he'd borrow the command code from his dad and take the Cruzer for a joyride. He and his friends would race the things - he'd been quite good too. Hopefully some of that skill would come back. The Cruzer had been updated, the interface dumbed down with graphics and little shortcut buttons. Even worse, Mork had his set to his own language. But Snaggy knew some tricks, and he opened up the command line and worked from there. In no time they were headed north at full throttle, making contrails for the Yukon.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2004 16:31      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chapter II
------------
The Nasiridonian Government of Buearcratic Services and Shotty Workmanship, also known as The NGBSSW, was currently at a lunch ressess, which due to labor laws would not be over with for the whole of three years. One of the member of the High Concil of Thorac's Subcommitee on Proper Wastful Uses of Tax Dollars for Trivial and Personal Vacation, Fred, had just finished filling out the paper work for his fully subsidized vacation. The first thing he did with the time was start looking up old friends, and he was suprised to find that three of his old friends were all in the same area of the Galaxy. The reason this was so suprizing was the fact that they were all wrapped up in a patent suite, and since the start of this "silly inventing metals and chasing eachother to the ends of the universe stuff" (as he put it), they hadn't gotten along very well. So, he started the long journy to see if his hero and old friend Snaggorz. He was looking forward to seeing the group of them together again, perhaps they could get drunk and paint another town (or world) red, like they used to. I mean that Mars place turned out so well.

Meanwhile, Snggorz was comfortably cruzing away to the Yukon. Nitro had tied up Mork's hands and feet (all 8 of them), and he was sleeping like a hungover baby who drools like a waterfall. NitroKitty was stalking arround for the catapilliar, and she thought to herself "I won't eat him this time, but I can PLAY with it a little. If it happens to be more fragile than I thought, that isn't my fault."

They had seen or heard anything from Ghazburz, which comforted Nitro, but made Snaggy even more uneasy about the whole spot. He knew that Ghazburz wasn't very cunning when he had to think on his feet, but when he has time to think through what was going to happen, he's able to come up with some very intelligent and scary ideas. He began to think of the time when they were little, and they decided they were going to...

--------------------
My Site

SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2004 23:39      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
run away from home.

Snaggy, Mork, and their fourth childhood companion Fred had packed suitcases (mostly with cookies taken from their kitchens and favorite toys - not a clean pair of underwear between the three of them.) They had announced to their parents that they were running away to join the Interstellar Circus as trapeze artists and walked out their front doors.

Ghasburz had planned very carefully for days. He had not only packed clean underwear and socks, but procured a transport pass and the appearance schedule for the Circus. (The transport pass was planetary only, but overall pretty resourceful for someone that had only started school that year.)

They didn't make it far. Four barely-more-than-hatchlings lugging suitcases full of cookies around a transport station with no supervision tend to be noticed, even in Fehzbin. Especially when Mork and Snaggy became embroiled in a bitter struggle for the last of the cookies, Fred burst into loud wailing sobs at the argument between his friends, and Ghasburz stood by looking disgusted by the whole thing.

Planetary Transport Authority officials collected the group of overtired sugared-up children and called their parents to come get them. Ghasburz had refused to speak to the others for a week. He always could hold a grudge.

----------------------------------------

"What are we going to do?" Nitro asked, pulling Snaggy out of his reverie.

"Huh?" he answered.

"Well," Nitro began explaining, "We have no food, no clothes, no supplies of any sort. And we are headed for the middle of nowhere in a crippled spacecraft. I think we need a plan. Do we know anyone in the Yukon?"

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture