homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » A re-introduction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A re-introduction
AmySox
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2017 03:59      Profile for AmySox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all you fine people! My name is Amy, and I am the user formerly known as "Erbo." See, in the years since I last made an appearance here, I have transitioned from male to female.

The story of how this came to pass is a lengthy one, but I have produced a small summary of events here, which was posted about two months before I made the actual legal transition. (It includes photos!)

My name is now legally "Amy Gale Bowersox," and I have a driver's license identifying me as such, and as female. I will soon have a passport that also identifies me that way. I have now been working for three weeks entirely as a woman, and people there address me as "Amy" as if I've always been there.

Thanks to Snaggy for changing my login name so I can show you my true self now! [Smile]

Posts: 1484 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2017 07:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Life's too short to waste it pretending to be someone you're not.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 13, 2017 15:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats AmySox!

What Druid said, [Applause] plus huge kudos for your courage. [Happytears]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 13, 2017 16:58      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS, Amy!!!!!
Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 14, 2017 03:22      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Amy! It's wonderful to hear from you again and thank you for telling us this great news! I'm very happy for you and proud of you, and you are an inspiration to all of us, in other words, you rock! [Big Grin] I saw your pictures are you look awesome! I hope I can be a good ally.

This calls for a party!

*hands out pieces of cake, and delicious drinks*

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2017 10:58      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi AmySox!

Welcome back. Hang around a bit. Most of us just lurk around in corners like the old people at punk shows, but we still love the music.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
AmySox
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2017 16:44      Profile for AmySox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for the great re-welcome!

I am in the middle of my fourth week now back at work after the changeover. Basically, much the same as before, except now I spend half an hour or so getting dressed and made up each morning, and now I get to wear prettier clothes. [Smile] Today, for instance, I have on a white top with a floral lace front that I found on clearance at Walmart, and a long orange skirt I got from Target a couple of years ago.

I still wear my silicone breast forms that I've worn from the start, to give myself a proper appearance, but, underneath, the real ones are coming along nicely. They've got about another 18 months estimated before they reach full growth, though. Yay estrogen! [Applause]

And yesterday I had to go from the office to a wine-tasting party (a fundraiser), so I changed into one of my "party dresses" and adjusted my makeup in the ladies' room before I left. It worked out fine, since I tend to be the crazy-prepared sort. [Smile]

So yes, this is my life now!

- Amy

Posts: 1484 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture