homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

Forum Home Post A Reply

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home


» The Geek Culture Forums » All about the comics! » The Joy of Tech » American Pie » Post A Reply


Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password (max 13 characters):
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

 

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused   Happytears  
blush   Beard of Peter Gabriel!   crazy   tired   ohwell   evil  
shake head   cry baby   hearts   weep   devil wand   thumbsup  
thumbsdown   Geek   Applause   Angel   Envy    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options


Disable Graemlins in this post.


 


T O P I C     R E V I E W
Shooshie
Member # 2205
 - posted July 10, 2017 11:38
Thanks guys. That was a tough one. I know some work went into it. I know you must have cried some tears. Thank you.

We'll let you know when we're on the way back up again. Sooner or later this had to happen to the USA. The stupids were just getting so outspoken. Science deniers, climate deniers, truth deniers... they had grown to outlandish proportions. The question now is whether we'll ever be able to get this back on track. A generation will grow up with Trump as their role model. Not good.

I think in 4 to 8 years we'll be back to presidential politics again, not whatever this is. In the meantime thanks for the concern and broken hearted feelings.

Shooshie
 
Snaggy
Member # 123
 - posted July 10, 2017 11:47
Thanks Shooshie. [Happytears]

It is heartbreaking to see what's happening down there.

The world is rooting for the USA to get things back on track. [Geek] [thumbsup]
 
The Famous Druid
Member # 1769
 - posted July 10, 2017 21:03
I remember a reddit thread about immigration - with self-described 'patriots' pouring scorn on "all that statue of liberty bullshit".

Strange kind of patriotism.
 
Nitrozac
Member # 111
 - posted July 11, 2017 00:28
Thanks Shooshie! The G20 meeting and the Russian/US impenetrable cyber unit tweet really made an impression on me. Sad what is happening. There's so much about America and Americans that was already great since way before Trump and Obama and Bush...etc. You guys rock!
 
The Famous Druid
Member # 1769
 - posted July 11, 2017 08:16
For those who are feeling depressed about events in Trumpistan, some words of hope.

A couple of years ago, I was feeling quite depressed about the way things were going here in oz. The new government here was looking very nasty, and was marching towards full on fascism at an alarming rate.

And then this happened. Black-uniformed paramilitaries in the main street checking peoples papers. Or at least trying to, the people were having none of it.

Turns out the fascists in the government had overreached themselves - the average conservative politician isn't a fascist, and the non-fascists in the government were as unhappy with the jackboot nonsense as I was.

Less than 3 weeks later (a couple of days after the Ides Of September) a party room revolt saw the demise of the PM and several of his more obviously fascist followers - we're back to having an ordinary crap conservative government.

I won't be surprised if the same thing happens to Trump. Maybe not an impeachment, but the political process has other ways of de-fanging a feral president.
 
Shooshie
Member # 2205
 - posted July 11, 2017 16:53
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
For those who are feeling depressed about events in Trumpistan, some words of hope.

A couple of years ago, I was feeling quite depressed about the way things were going here in oz. The new government here was looking very nasty, and was marching towards full on fascism at an alarming rate.

And then this happened. Black-uniformed paramilitaries in the main street checking peoples papers. Or at least trying to, the people were having none of it.

Turns out the fascists in the government had overreached themselves - the average conservative politician isn't a fascist, and the non-fascists in the government were as unhappy with the jackboot nonsense as I was.

Less than 3 weeks later (a couple of days after the Ides Of September) a party room revolt saw the demise of the PM and several of his more obviously fascist followers - we're back to having an ordinary crap conservative government.

I won't be surprised if the same thing happens to Trump. Maybe not an impeachment, but the political process has other ways of de-fanging a feral president.

That gives one hope. But Americans have become such pussies, they just might go along with the jackboots. That scares me. Still, thanks for the words of hope.

Shooshie
 
dragonman97
Member # 780
 - posted July 11, 2017 22:43
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I remember a reddit thread about immigration - with self-described 'patriots' pouring scorn on "all that statue of liberty bullshit".

Strange kind of patriotism.

What?!

I have reservations about some things around here, but I always go weak in the knees for that pretty lady. It's one of things that makes me so happy to be in NY - whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I can go down to the water and see her off in the distance, shining brightly. [hearts]
 
TheMoMan
Member # 1659
 - posted July 14, 2017 19:55
The present head of the FCC once worked for a telecom, so now he is rewording his former employer.
 
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112
 - posted July 17, 2017 12:41
Maybe. But the previous FCC chair (Tom Wheeler) was a telecom lobbyist and that didn't stop him from pushing net neutrality.

You have a choice with these big agency heads. You can accept the bias that comes from sufficient experience in the area to know what you're doing. Or you can accept the ineptitude of someone who does NOT have experience with the agency's purview. In either case, you have to hope the right things happen overall.
 
romad
Member # 36425
 - posted July 18, 2017 17:43
quote:
Originally posted by Shooshie:
That gives one hope. But Americans have become such pussies, they just might go along with the jackboots. That scares me. Still, thanks for the words of hope.

Shooshie [/QB]

Case in point is here in California where only a few are decrying the wholesale assault on the U.S. Constitution. One-party rule, releasing vast amounts of criminals on the public, welcoming foreign criminals, impeding the public right of self-defense, etc.
 
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097
 - posted July 19, 2017 08:53
I for one, welcome the libtard overlords of the CA Jerry Brownshirts.

But a decade of magical underwear and church run government can do that to you.
 
Shooshie
Member # 2205
 - posted July 30, 2017 19:29
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I remember a reddit thread about immigration - with self-described 'patriots' pouring scorn on "all that statue of liberty bullshit".

Strange kind of patriotism.

What?!

I have reservations about some things around here, but I always go weak in the knees for that pretty lady. It's one of things that makes me so happy to be in NY - whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I can go down to the water and see her off in the distance, shining brightly. [hearts]

Me too! I LOVE the Statue of Liberty! I love what she represents, and I love that the French were so inspired by the USA that they wanted to give us this incredible gift. I have not and never will forget that this was a GIFT from France. Later we went to France to defend her against Axis and Nazi powers. We bled on the battlefields at Normandy, Ypres, Verdun, and all over France. To think that we could become estranged is immensely worse than the Brangelina breakup. (I'm a little bit horrified that I made that comparison!) The French were wonderful to me everywhere I went. But I found out that they love Texans. Not to get sidetracked...

We built the base for the Statue of Liberty with contributions from kids all over America, sending their pennies to a fund. The statue was built by none other than Gustav Eiffel, making it truly the American Eiffel Tower. The French one is amazing, but the American one is unbelievable. We grew up with it, so we accept it, But where else is there anything like that statue?

I get emotional just talking about it.

Shooshie
 




Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0



homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam