homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

Forum Home Post A Reply

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home


» The Geek Culture Forums » News, Reviews, Views! » Your News! » Apple fever! » Post A Reply


Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password (max 13 characters):
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

 

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused   Happytears  
blush   Beard of Peter Gabriel!   crazy   tired   ohwell   evil  
shake head   cry baby   hearts   weep   devil wand   thumbsup  
thumbsdown   Geek   Applause   Angel   Envy    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options


Disable Graemlins in this post.


 


T O P I C     R E V I E W
Callipygous
Member # 2071
 - posted October 05, 2005 08:11
From the UK MacUser site

quote:
Apple will hold another of its 'special events' next week, a little over a month since the last one where CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the iPod nano.
The event, to be held next Wednesday, 12 October, is heralded with the tagline 'One more thing...'

With that tag line they are clearly ramping speculation and rumour to the max, and we wouldn't like to disappoint our little Stevie would we? Could they seriously have something more mind boggling than the iPod nano up their sleeves?

What do you think they might be announcing, and what would you like it to be?
 
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814
 - posted October 05, 2005 08:24
A giant cheque for me.
 
Allan
Member # 1717
 - posted October 05, 2005 08:34
strong rumours for an iPod video. I don't think that would be much use for me.

Apple Newton [Wink] my life is organised enough but I'd be unable to stop myself buying one.

23" G5 iMac, think of the screen acreage!!
 
dragonman97
Member # 780
 - posted October 05, 2005 09:03
Free Superdrive upgrade for existing Mac mini owners...

I can dream, can't I?

I may replace the thing out with the part that the current ones are getting - much faster burns, and dual layer DVD+R support...
 
Snaggy
Member # 123
 - posted October 05, 2005 09:28
Have you seen the invite?... looks like a movie theatre backdrop to me. [Big Grin]

http://www.appleinsider.com/image.php?i=appleinvite-onemorething&id=1305
 
MacManKrisK
Member # 955
 - posted October 05, 2005 09:29
Newton Message Pad 2006 with full color backlit screen, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Runs on a hibred of OS X and the Newton OS, complete with Unix underpants... err. underpinnings, and a gooey gui with "lickable" graphics. The screen is flipable, you can hold it "upright" or "sideways" and the screen will automatically flip for you and "intelligently" resize your windows. It has a built in Lithium Ion rechargeable battery that's easially replaceable, but lasts for 7 years (average) and can run 24 hours straight on one two-hour charge. It runs most cocoa applications natively (assuming they can fit into the screen) and, of course, comes with all the organizational tools you could really ever want. Ports include a headphone/microphone port (one port, both jobs), 1 USB 2.0, 1 FireWire 800, 1 mini-VGA out (adapter required, sold seperately), and a CF slot. The OS lets it be used as a USB 2.0 or FireWire hard drive.

Retail price: $299

Oh yeah, and it FITS IN YOUR POCKET!!!
 
Allan
Member # 1717
 - posted October 05, 2005 11:09
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Newton Message Pad 2006 with full color backlit screen, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Runs on a hibred of OS X and the Newton OS, complete with Unix underpants... err. underpinnings, and a gooey gui with "lickable" graphics. The screen is flipable, you can hold it "upright" or "sideways" and the screen will automatically flip for you and "intelligently" resize your windows. It has a built in Lithium Ion rechargeable battery that's easially replaceable, but lasts for 7 years (average) and can run 24 hours straight on one two-hour charge. It runs most cocoa applications natively (assuming they can fit into the screen) and, of course, comes with all the organizational tools you could really ever want. Ports include a headphone/microphone port (one port, both jobs), 1 USB 2.0, 1 FireWire 800, 1 mini-VGA out (adapter required, sold seperately), and a CF slot. The OS lets it be used as a USB 2.0 or FireWire hard drive.

Retail price: $299

Oh yeah, and it FITS IN YOUR POCKET!!!

I'll be on the first plane going anywhere near an Apple store [Wink]
 
angryjungman
Member # 2434
 - posted October 05, 2005 12:14
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Newton Message Pad 2006 with full color backlit screen, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Runs on a hibred of OS X and the Newton OS, complete with Unix underpants... err. underpinnings, and a gooey gui with "lickable" graphics. The screen is flipable, you can hold it "upright" or "sideways" and the screen will automatically flip for you and "intelligently" resize your windows. It has a built in Lithium Ion rechargeable battery that's easially replaceable, but lasts for 7 years (average) and can run 24 hours straight on one two-hour charge. It runs most cocoa applications natively (assuming they can fit into the screen) and, of course, comes with all the organizational tools you could really ever want. Ports include a headphone/microphone port (one port, both jobs), 1 USB 2.0, 1 FireWire 800, 1 mini-VGA out (adapter required, sold seperately), and a CF slot. The OS lets it be used as a USB 2.0 or FireWire hard drive.

Retail price: $299

Oh yeah, and it FITS IN YOUR POCKET!!!

I'll be on the first plane going anywhere near an Apple store [Wink]
Ditto. Well, I don't need to get on a plane, but yeah...
 
GMx
Member # 1523
 - posted October 05, 2005 13:02
Think Secret says no on the video iPods. It looks like Power Macs and Power Books are going to get an upgrade.
 
Rhonwyyn
Member # 2854
 - posted October 05, 2005 14:09
Wait... PowerBooks are getting upgrades? Would my Pismo qualify? And what part's getting upgraded?

EDIT: [Frown] They're UPDATING the PowerBook, not upgrading existing ones. Looks like I'll have to shell out $80+ for a working CD-RW/DVD-ROM. [Frown]
 
Callipygous
Member # 2071
 - posted October 05, 2005 16:03
You cannot have a teaser of "just one more thing..." for a miserable upgrade to existing hardware, or even to be honest, a widely predicted video iPod. This has got to be something more revolutionary. If it actually is a video iPod it could for example be teamed up with a download service like a film version of the ITMS. That might make sense of the theatre curtains on the invitation.

Can you feel that Apple hysteria bubbling? [Wink]
 
Serenak
Member # 2950
 - posted October 05, 2005 16:29
Ohhhh, I am so frothing with excitement... NOTTTTT....

VidPod schmiddd pod, film download... zzzzzz... iTMS supergrade... zzzz...

I doubt I will even care unless Steve has something "really cool" and "awesome" to announce but that is just me.

New OS to hit streets 6 months early or intel Macs will be intel/PPC hybrids or G5 pocket wireless have your Mac with you everywhere widget might get me going...

Theatre curtains... one more thing... snooze

[Razz]
 
Sxeptomaniac
Member # 3698
 - posted October 05, 2005 16:41
My prediction is:
Whatever it turns out to be, I can't afford it. [Wink]
 
Serenak
Member # 2950
 - posted October 05, 2005 17:07
You sure got that one right....
[Wink]
 
Zwilnik
Member # 615
 - posted October 05, 2005 17:13
Steve Jobs the Musical [Smile]
 
Serenak
Member # 2950
 - posted October 05, 2005 17:49
Oh yes... Now that I'd pay to see...
 
The Famous Druid
Member # 1769
 - posted October 05, 2005 19:10
A segway that plays MP3 files?
 
Rhonwyyn
Member # 2854
 - posted October 05, 2005 19:17
So you're saying you'd like to segue on your Segway? [Wink]
 
Grummash
Member # 4289
 - posted October 05, 2005 22:37
quote:
So you're saying you'd like to segue on your Segway?
No way, Jose!
 
Rhonwyyn
Member # 2854
 - posted October 05, 2005 23:25
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
So you're saying you'd like to segue on your Segway?
No way, Jose!
Oh Ethel! Say it ain't so!
 
zesovietrussian
Member # 1177
 - posted September 08, 2009 20:22
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Newton Message Pad 2006 with full color backlit screen, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Runs on a hibred of OS X and the Newton OS, complete with Unix underpants... err. underpinnings, and a gooey gui with "lickable" graphics. The screen is flipable, you can hold it "upright" or "sideways" and the screen will automatically flip for you and "intelligently" resize your windows. It has a built in Lithium Ion rechargeable battery that's easially replaceable, but lasts for 7 years (average) and can run 24 hours straight on one two-hour charge. It runs most cocoa applications natively (assuming they can fit into the screen) and, of course, comes with all the organizational tools you could really ever want. Ports include a headphone/microphone port (one port, both jobs), 1 USB 2.0, 1 FireWire 800, 1 mini-VGA out (adapter required, sold seperately), and a CF slot. The OS lets it be used as a USB 2.0 or FireWire hard drive.

Retail price: $299

Oh yeah, and it FITS IN YOUR POCKET!!!

I know necro-posters get drawn and quartered around here, but... that was one hell of a prediction.
 
dragonman97
Member # 780
 - posted September 08, 2009 21:11
Damn! That was written in '05, and the iPhone came out in '07.

Nicely done, MMKK. Either you were seriously /enlightened/ or maybe you've got some wicked 'connections.'

Speaking as a happy† iPod Touch user, that description is close enough for government work. (Plenty of those features are droolworthy and not present, but the overall current devices are pretty damned fantastic.)

† Funny how a little thing like *copy & paste* can make all the difference in the world. Even if I only use it once a week, it's just so nice not to have a 'damnit' moment when you just can't do something.
 
MacManKrisK
Member # 955
 - posted September 09, 2009 07:33
Heh, so much of my past is so fuzzy, I don't even remember writing that post. (Sidebar: I'm glad that I don't spend all my time being "fuzzy" anymore as I have actual memories again...) For years, though, I've thought that Apple have been stealing my ideas. 6 months before the LCD iMac I said to one of my friends: "LCD screens are getting so cheap now that Apple should take the guts of the iMac and flatten them out and stick them all behind a 15" LCD. You could have the slot-loading CD on the side of the screen and it'd only be a little thicker than a standard LCD." Six months later, it happened.

dman: as for "connections," I *do* truly feel that I have some sort of psychic ability that I am still learning how to tap into. The aforementioned "fuzzyness" used to help me tap into it, but then I'd forget everything... I'm trying to learn new, non-drug-related ways (i.e. quiet, reflective time) to find that connectedness again. And then there are those dreams that I have that come true.... those are scary sometimes...
 
The Famous Druid
Member # 1769
 - posted September 09, 2009 14:29
So, MMKK, got any stock market tips?

How about the horse races?
 
MacManKrisK
Member # 955
 - posted September 10, 2009 05:27
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
So, MMKK, got any stock market tips?

See my signature...
 




Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0



homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam