This is topic Insomnia in forum Our stupid lives at The Geek Culture Forums!.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.geekculture.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002564

Posted by business attire (Member # 6102) on December 17, 2006, 01:54:
 
its 4:51 in the morning and I can't sleep a wink.

in other news, I'm home for the holidays.
this is me and my mother looking rather disheveled in a cell phone camera picture:
 -

She's 45 and she raised me so you know she's amazing. oh yeah, she's also single [Wink] [evil]
 
Posted by Astronomer Jedi (Member # 4699) on December 17, 2006, 02:01:
 
If I were 20 years older... [evil]
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on December 17, 2006, 06:32:
 
Aww... you've got the same smile. Disheveled or not, being cute obviously runs in your family.
 
Posted by business attire (Member # 6102) on December 17, 2006, 07:13:
 
we definitely do. same nose and bone structure too!

put my brother and me next to my father though, and you'd ask "do you even have a mom? jesus! you're all clones!"
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on December 17, 2006, 07:14:
 
We demand scientific evidence! [Wink]

Seriously... how about a family photo?
(assuming none of your family members have any major reservations about it)
 
Posted by uilleann (Member # 1297) on December 17, 2006, 07:42:
 
Ah, but would it be scientific? Might be a Photoshop whiz and tamper with the image ;)
 
Posted by boo (Member # 5991) on December 17, 2006, 11:01:
 
It's nice you're close with your mom.
 
Posted by nerdwithnofriends (Member # 3773) on December 17, 2006, 11:51:
 
Heh, at first I thought this was a thread about somebody who had insomnia. I was kind of at a loss, because I have the opposite problem- narcolepsy.

Anyways, nice photo BA. Lookin' good!
 
Posted by Ugh, MightyClub (Member # 3112) on December 18, 2006, 10:11:
 
Dang, BA, I would have thought she's your sister!

Strangely enough, I couldn't sleep last night either. Sympathy insomnia maybe? I did manage to drift off before 4:51am though! I think.
 
Posted by business attire (Member # 6102) on December 18, 2006, 10:39:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
We demand scientific evidence! [Wink]

Seriously... how about a family photo?
(assuming none of your family members have any major reservations about it)

I think we're supposed to be taking a dad/bro/sis photo tomorrow with a photographer, actually. but I won't be anywhere near a scanner until after Christmas.

and club: I can only hope that I age as nicely as my mother is.
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on December 18, 2006, 11:08:
 
business attire wrote:
I think we're supposed to be taking a dad/bro/sis photo tomorrow with a photographer, actually. but I won't be anywhere near a scanner until after Christmas.

That's okay. It gives me something to look forward to that might brighten the miserable, barren wasteland that is my life.

</emo>

(the fact that this is being posted two hours into a three hour long meeting that I can barely keep my eyes open for may have affected the tone of the post)
 
Posted by zesovietrussian (Member # 1177) on December 18, 2006, 13:48:
 
I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
 
Posted by dragonman97 (Member # 780) on December 18, 2006, 14:19:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
business attire wrote:
I think we're supposed to be taking a dad/bro/sis photo tomorrow with a photographer, actually. but I won't be anywhere near a scanner until after Christmas.

That's okay. It gives me something to look forward to that might brighten the miserable, barren wasteland that is my life.

</emo>

(the fact that this is being posted two hours into a three hour long meeting that I can barely keep my eyes open for may have affected the tone of the post)

Damn, Steen...you practically make me sound cheerful by comparison. [Wink]

I don't envy you with the 3 hour meeting...but try having a 5 hour meeting...that's a new level of hell. Most of us came out of that wishing we were dead. (Thankfully that was 1-2 years ago, but I'm still kind of shell-shocked.)

And now, let me just say "Bah humbug." [Big Grin]
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on December 18, 2006, 18:35:
 
dragonman97 wrote:
I don't envy you with the 3 hour meeting...but try having a 5 hour meeting...that's a new level of hell. Most of us came out of that wishing we were dead. (Thankfully that was 1-2 years ago, but I'm still kind of shell-shocked.)

Ouch. I was just bored and had a computer to entertain myself with (how bad can a meeting be if I get to read GC during, after all).

I do get to feel some pain for the end of February/beginning of March. I have to sit in on a week long customer training class to audit it (i.e. pay attention) and verify that everything is taught correctly. I wrote 90% of the material, however, so it's guaranteed to be boring for me.
 
Posted by Ugh, MightyClub (Member # 3112) on December 18, 2006, 19:06:
 
Thank goodness the Dilbert-ization of my company has not proceeded that far. The longest meetings we have are our twice-annual company meetings, which last for about an hour and a half. That duration has held fast even after a large infusion of private equity and acquisition of one of our largest competitors. What are we doing wrong? How can our company possibly be succeeding without long boring meetings?!
 
Posted by Xanthine (Member # 736) on December 18, 2006, 19:12:
 
Our lab meetings happen once a week and rarely last more than an hour. Then the boss's ADD kicks in and he lets us go.

I love my boss.
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on December 18, 2006, 19:42:
 
In my company's defense, there's something big that may happen (I have the -best- insider trading info right now [Eek!] ) that requires this level of discussion. Depending on the outcome, it's possible I may get shipped off to a very northern portion of Germany for a bit. Not a really fun area, though, so I'm sort of hoping to avoid that part of it.

... and now I'm gonna shut up before I give away information that could get me fired [Smile]
 
Posted by zesovietrussian (Member # 1177) on December 18, 2006, 22:34:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
In my company's defense, there's something big that may happen (I have the -best- insider trading info right now [Eek!] ) that requires this level of discussion. Depending on the outcome, it's possible I may get shipped off to a very northern portion of Germany for a bit. Not a really fun area, though, so I'm sort of hoping to avoid that part of it.

... and now I'm gonna shut up before I give away information that could get me fired [Smile]

Keep talking...

*logs into his etrade account*
 
Posted by Xanthine (Member # 736) on December 18, 2006, 23:09:
 
Ooo, you two could be cellmates! Wouldn't that be cute? [hearts]
 
Posted by Colonel Panic (Member # 1200) on December 21, 2006, 16:37:
 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
I can't sleep a wink.

Are you cursing Sir Walter Raliegh?

CP
 
Posted by never_ask_why333 (Member # 6340) on December 25, 2006, 17:08:
 
Ugh, I am not a fan of Insomnia, but he seems to be awful fond of me.... [Frown]

If ever you find a solution for it, please let me know.

I've been suffering from it all my life and I think I've tried just about everything. Environmental changes (colder, hotter, light, no light, sound, no sound, etc)., diet/exercise changes, schedule changes, over the counter medicine, perscription medicine, therapy, sleep hypnosis, warm milk, reiki, prayer, wall sits for hour increments while reading army manuals, etc.

Heh.
 
Posted by nerdwithnofriends (Member # 3773) on December 25, 2006, 17:11:
 
quote:
Originally posted by never_ask_why333:
Ugh, I am not a fan of Insomnia, but he seems to be awful fond of me.... [Frown]

If ever you find a solution for it, please let me know.

I've been suffering from it all my life and I think I've tried just about everything. Environmental changes (colder, hotter, light, no light, sound, no sound, etc)., diet/exercise changes, schedule changes, over the counter medicine, perscription medicine, therapy, sleep hypnosis, warm milk, reiki, prayer, wall sits for hour increments while reading army manuals, etc.

Heh.

Rohipnol. Not only does it help you sleep, there's a whole wide world of uses for it at bars and clubs.
 
Posted by never_ask_why333 (Member # 6340) on December 30, 2006, 19:43:
 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:
Originally posted by never_ask_why333:
Ugh, I am not a fan of Insomnia, but he seems to be awful fond of me.... [Frown]

If ever you find a solution for it, please let me know.

I've been suffering from it all my life and I think I've tried just about everything. Environmental changes (colder, hotter, light, no light, sound, no sound, etc)., diet/exercise changes, schedule changes, over the counter medicine, perscription medicine, therapy, sleep hypnosis, warm milk, reiki, prayer, wall sits for hour increments while reading army manuals, etc.

Heh.

Rohipnol. Not only does it help you sleep, there's a whole wide world of uses for it at bars and clubs.
I will certainly look it up. Thanks!
 
Posted by business attire (Member # 6102) on December 30, 2006, 23:18:
 
NAW: thats the date rape drug. [Roll Eyes]
 
Posted by never_ask_why333 (Member # 6340) on January 03, 2007, 15:25:
 
Well I suppose that saved me from looking it up. Haha. Naive. Thanks [Smile]
 
Posted by Tominfla (Member # 6767) on January 03, 2007, 16:06:
 
Never_ask_why we should trade. I sleep too much. [ohwell]
 


© 2018 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0