This is topic My vote is for Paris! in forum Politics/Religion/Current Affairs at The Geek Culture Forums.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.geekculture.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000351

Posted by geekygoddess (Member # 15702) on August 05, 2008, 21:36:
 
Gotta love her guys...haha!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4178033806
 
Posted by macmcseboy (Member # 1232) on August 05, 2008, 21:45:
 
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
 
Posted by Snaggy (Member # 123) on August 05, 2008, 21:57:
 
[thumbsup]
 
Posted by Sxeptomaniac (Member # 3698) on August 05, 2008, 22:08:
 
That was pretty funny, though I'm far from "loving her." However, I can say that I find her less annoying now that she seems to no longer be in the in the news on a daily basis.
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on August 06, 2008, 02:29:
 
Wow, McCain's just been made to look dumb by...

...Paris Hilton.

I wouldn't have thought it possible.
 
Posted by Richard Wolf VI (Member # 4993) on August 06, 2008, 06:52:
 
[thumbsup] indeed.
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on August 06, 2008, 07:45:
 
This is how politicians should react when their opponents start flinging mud.

Go Paris go!
 
Posted by DoctorWho (Member # 392) on August 06, 2008, 12:19:
 
McCain got pwned by Paris Hilton? That just goes to show how much of an idiot he is. I'm with Steen. If more politicians would react like this it would be better all round. Personally I think mud flinging should result in a hefty fine to discourage it. I don't care what one candidate thinks of the other one, I want to know what that candidate would do if he won. Flinging mud just makes me not want to vote for him no matter what his politics are.
 
Posted by HalfVast (Member # 3187) on August 06, 2008, 16:48:
 
Shoot, I thought this was going to be about the
family angle. Turns out Hiltons parents are McCain
supporters and donors. Seems they were not amused.
 
Posted by shentzu (Member # 2253) on August 07, 2008, 06:46:
 
yeah i love this whole setup....

first the ad! i mean wow! who was in on the brainstem storming session for that?

"i know, we will make an attack ad that says that our opponent is popular! that will show 'em!"

then the Hilton ad. then the donor thing.....

not to mention the "elitist" angle. i love that!

"so you, a white multimillionaire with seven homes, have a problem with your black south chicago opponent. he is too elitist huh? yeah, i see that."

yet so far the polls put them pretty close, which begs one particular question.....

are we idiots? who are the potential voters these guys are polling?!?

btw, from the same site: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ea0b05d406
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on August 07, 2008, 14:50:
 
quote:
Originally posted by shentzu:
first the ad! i mean wow! who was in on the brainstem storming session for that?

"i know, we will make an attack ad that says that our opponent is popular! that will show 'em!"

Classic political attack tactics, make your opponents strengths into weaknesses.

If he's popular, turn that against him, he's a "celebrity", and shares all the flaws of every other celebrity (of course, celebrities who endorse your guy have no flaws).

If he's smart, turn that against him. He must be "elitist", even if he was raised on food-stamps, and your guy was an admirals son who got all kinds of special treatment.
 
Posted by stevenback7 (Member # 5114) on August 07, 2008, 15:43:
 
Out of curiosity,

Who on these forums is a Mcain supporter? And why?
 
Posted by DoctorWho (Member # 392) on August 07, 2008, 15:56:
 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Out of curiosity,

Who on these forums is a Mcain supporter? And why?

You do realize you have potentially started a flame war?
 
Posted by geekygoddess (Member # 15702) on August 07, 2008, 16:20:
 
Haha, Here we go...

Let the flames begin [devil wand]

My work here is done [Big Grin]
 
Posted by DoctorWho (Member # 392) on August 07, 2008, 16:33:
 
Here's some mood music.
 
Posted by TheMoMan (Member # 1659) on August 08, 2008, 06:26:
 
______________________________- stevenback7 -__ Depends, I know I am almost old enough to need them.

If Hillary was the Dems. candidate and ran her I would vote for J. McCain, Lesser of two evils.

I mean a Lawyer that cannot remember how much time she spent on researching a case? Thats how they bill the clients.

Now it appears that we have a man with twenty seven years in Congress saying that a man with three years there is responsible for the oil prices. Huh?

Then the little thing about the Ketting five and now the DHL melt down.

Seems that Barrack has not totally developed his skills at stealing from the populace yet.

He will either bring change or show us some new ways to cheat. It is still CHANGE I still have some jingle in my pocket, that both of them want to get their hands on.
 
Posted by brainisfried (Member # 3067) on August 08, 2008, 07:10:
 
People on National Review Online thought Paris' response was funny and well played. I liked it.

Paris is famous for being famous. Obama is famous for being famous. Obama has done... what exactly? Other than making white liberals feel good about themselves?

McCain wasn't my first choice. His McCain-Feingold bill is a violation of the First Amendment. On that and too many other issues he's collaborated with the Democrats to his detriment, the Keating Five scandal being the most notorious example (the other four were Democrats, McCain was arguable recruited to make it "bipartisan"). But he's a budget hawk, which fixes W's most glaring flaw, and he'll make a better Commander-in-Chief than W. He's far better on both counts than postmodernist Obama. You go to vote with the candidates you have, so I'm voting for McCain.
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on August 08, 2008, 07:20:
 
So, if Bush is Batman, and Obama is Paris Hilton, who is McCain?

/me is trying hard to keep the diagram of 'The Collective' up-to-date.
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on August 08, 2008, 08:19:
 
The Famous Druid wrote:
So, if Bush is Batman, and Obama is Paris Hilton, who is McCain?

Alfred, obviously. He's the only decrepit, ready-for-retirement character in the series.
 
Posted by shentzu (Member # 2253) on August 08, 2008, 10:40:
 
quote:
Originally posted by brainisfried:
But he's a budget hawk, which fixes W's most glaring flaw, and he'll make a better Commander-in-Chief than W. He's far better on both counts than.....

*snort*

you can see past the glare to pick out particular flaws?

and a better commander in chief?!? setting the bar pretty low there, huh?

i mean when you have to dig a hole to place the bar.....
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on August 08, 2008, 16:28:
 
brainisfried wrote:
Paris is famous for being famous. Obama is famous for being famous. Obama has done... what exactly? Other than making white liberals feel good about themselves?

Seven years in his state senate and two years as a U.S. Senator equate to nothing more than making white liberals feel good about themselves in your opinion?

...and you'd rather support someone who, by your own admission, has been involved in scandals and has no problem with violating your first amendment rights.

Umm... yeah. *adds your name to a list of people to not bother talking about politics with*
 
Posted by Xanthine (Member # 736) on August 08, 2008, 17:48:
 
Y'know, I watched part of one of the GOP primary debates. McCain was the ONLY one who openly classed torture as Not Okay. The rest were trying to justify it and tell McCain why he was wrong. It was sickening. Since when did the okayness of torture become a topic for debate??

Looks like a good chunk of the GOP felt the same way I did. I'm not voting for McCain, but I was actually relieved that he got the nomination and not one of his pro-torture opponents. Seriously. Come on. What kind of moral trajectory is the US on, when torture is a topic of national debate?
 
Posted by stringlion (Member # 4767) on August 08, 2008, 22:31:
 
my dad showed me this.
"ooh Maui, loves it"
he now want's a T-shirt that says "See you at the debates, B****s"
 
Posted by TheMoMan (Member # 1659) on August 09, 2008, 13:08:
 
__________________ Where I worked we had people of all political strips, the first E-mail was from a form Marine pilot from the Vietnam Era. The second from a grunt on the ground. These two make Paris sound good, at least she will not have prior experience helping her make the wrong choices, maybe we should write her in???

Why I'm Voting Democrat This Year.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe the
government will do a better job of spending
the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because freedom of
speech is fine as long it doesn't offend
anyone.

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull
out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop
what they're doing because they now think
we're good people.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that
people who can't tell us if it will rain on
Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps
will melt away in ten years if I don't start
driving a Prius.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm not
concerned about the slaughter of millions
of babies so long as we keep all death row
inmates alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that
businesses should not be allowed to make
profits for themselves. They need to break
even and give the rest away to the
government for redistribution as THEY see
fit.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe three
or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to
rewrite the Constitution every few days to
suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER
get their agendas past the voters.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that
if we no longer have the right to bear arms
that all crime will stop because bad people
will never be able to have a gun.

I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact
that I can now marry whatever I want. I've
decided to marry my horse.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil
companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas
are obscene but the government taxing the
same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

Makes you wonder why anyone would EVER
vote Republican, now doesn't it?

This doesn't really merit a response, of course, but just one point of fact: beginning with Reagan--the most over-rated president in history, but the best "acted" president since Hoover--politicians who are conservatives have actually been profligate spenders of our money. One of the few things I always liked about Republicans was that they were fiscally conservative (get it? conservatives being conservative). By any standard of objective observation, they have been anything but fiscally conservative for the last 28 years. And, of course, that goes for the Democrats/liberals, too.
OK, one more point: conservatives (see Barry Goldwater or Wm. F. Buckley) are supposed to believe that government is limited, that it strictly observes the law, and that it stays out of citizen's private lives. They have been at least as bad at those things as liberals have for a long time, and George Bush has treated our constitution like toilet paper, and get this... all in the cause of "security." There's an easy test: if you think being religious or evangelical (and I am both) has ANYTHING to do with being politically conservative or with being a Republican, you're wrong.
Finally, we need government to govern, not "run the country." There's a huge difference... and I'm not saying Republicans are worse at it than Democrats. They both stink so bad they'd gag a maggot.
Vote for whomever you choose. But vote.
 
Posted by TMBWITW,PB (Member # 1734) on August 09, 2008, 14:17:
 
Well then MoMan, I'll just have to tell you why I'm voting Republican then. [Wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ9Xp0xxU
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on August 09, 2008, 14:55:
 
quote:
Anonymous Republican:
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

And 8 years of Republican government have cut spending by how much?

quote:
I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
And what, exactly, have the Republicans done about 'the slaughter of millions of babies' in the last 8 years?

quote:
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves.
How many high-profile corporate collapses have there been during the Bush presidency?

quote:
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that if we no longer have the right to bear arms that all crime will stop because bad people will never be able to have a gun.
And which Democrat candidate is promising to remove that right?

quote:
I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.
Um, doesn't California have a Republican Governator?

quote:
Anonymous other writer:
beginning with Reagan... ...politicians who are conservatives have actually been profligate spenders of our money...
...By any standard of objective observation, they have been anything but fiscally conservative for the last 28 years...
...conservatives (see Barry Goldwater or Wm. F. Buckley) are supposed to believe that government is limited, that it strictly observes the law, and that it stays out of citizen's private lives...
...George Bush has treated our constitution like toilet paper

The Hollowmen is a political satire that aired on aussie TV recently, it follows a group of 'spin doctors' who cynically manipulate public opinion to suit their political masters.

One of the points that's made repeatedly in this show is "It's not what you do that matters, it's what you say you do". The obvious corollary to this is "It's not what your opponents do that matters, it's what you say they do".

It's hard to know which is further from reality, the Republicans self-image as the fearless defenders of Small Government, Little Babies, The Constitution, and Christian Civilization, or their parody of the Democrats as big spending loony-hippies.
 
Posted by Xanthine (Member # 736) on August 09, 2008, 15:22:
 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
These two make Paris sound good, at least she will not have prior experience helping her make the wrong choices, maybe we should write her in???

She's too young. She's got to be at least 34. So wait a couple more terms. [Razz]
 
Posted by TMBWITW,PB (Member # 1734) on August 09, 2008, 16:01:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
She's too young. She's got to be at least 34.

Isn't 35 the minimum age?
 
Posted by DoctorWho (Member # 392) on August 09, 2008, 17:20:
 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
She's too young. She's got to be at least 34.

Isn't 35 the minimum age?
Peebs is correct.
 
Posted by stringlion (Member # 4767) on August 09, 2008, 22:30:
 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Well then MoMan, I'll just have to tell you why I'm voting Republican then. [Wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ9Xp0xxU

if you want clean water... buy it in a bottle!
 
Posted by TheMoMan (Member # 1659) on August 10, 2008, 04:21:
 
_____________________- A note to all _ Do not try to make your point by sending me a video. Remember universal access well we do not have that here at least High Speed. Those of you old enough to remember twelve hundred baud modems, the phone lines here are so crappy that the sustained down load speed is usually about four (4) Kbaud for any length of time. In the time it takes to get a video I would have forgotten why I wanted to view its content.

On the hilltop: NO Cable, No Fiber Optic, No DSL, poor Cell coverage, but good TV reception and Ham Radio Location. I live just outside the RF Circle of many WiFIMax ISP (WISP) providers.

So when The Boss Pres. Bush wanted to put broadband on power lines, that really ticked me off here I am with an antenna farm and he wants to put the internet on unshielded wires using HF radio band freqs to haul the signal. The interference would be huge, In Manasasis Va the noise level from (BPL) prevents me from contacting some former friends using 20meters. Then he appointed a bunch of GOP lawyers to the FCC, not engineers but lawyers to regulate radio, TV, and TeleComunication, WTF.
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on August 10, 2008, 09:22:
 
TheMoMan wrote:
Do not try to make your point by sending me a video.

How about a transcript instead?


FLAG WAVING, TEXT SLOWLY APPEARS
I am voting Republican because

FULL SHOT OF A COUPLE IN FRONT OF A LARGE STORE
HALF SHOT OF COUPLE IN FRONT OF SUV WITH TEXT "MIKE PETERSON - CAR SALESMAN" AND "KELLY PETERSON - OFFICE ASSISTANT"
Man: We don’t like shopping at small neighborhood stores.
CLOSE UP OF MAN
Woman: We don’t want the problem of choosing where to shop.
CLOSE UP OF WOMAN
Man: And we just love cheap plastic crap from China.

HALF SHOT OF A DOCTOR WITH TEXT "RAYMOND ARNOLD - M.D."
Doctor: I’m voting Republican because I don’t really want a cure for AIDS or for breast cancer. (They are just gays and women.)

HALF SHOT OF A PATIENT, DOCTOR AND HANGING SKELETON MODEL IN BACKGROUND, WITH TEXT "GERALD COOK - C.P.A."
Patient: I’m voting Republican because I think new drugs should be made available immediately whether they’ve been tested properly or not. If the major pharmaceutical companies’ bottom lines are healthy, then I feel healthy too.

CLOSE UP OF A MOTHER KISSING HER CHILD GOODBYE
HALF SHOT OF MOTHER WITH TEXT "SUSAN ENRIGHT - EMERGENCY DISPATCHER"
Mother: I’m voting Republican so that my little Caitlin can be in a classroom with at least 30 other children. That way she can be challenged by fighting for attention.

HALF SHOT OF A MAN IN A BLUE SUIT WITH SUPERIMPOSED TEXT THAT SAYS "REV. DAVID MADISON - EVANGENICAL LEADER"
Reverend: I’m voting Republican because women just can’t be trusted to make decisions about their own bodies. Never. Ever. Ever.

FULL SHOT OF A MAN IN A JACKET AND JEANS HIKING IN A SNOWY, PARTIALLY FORESTED WILDERNESS AREA
CLOSE UP OF THE MAN WITH TEXT "BOBBY CARMICHAEL - PERSONAL TRAINER"
Man: I’m voting Republican because I’ve already seen the great outdoors. Continuing our use of fossil fuels freely is far more important than preserving our natural wildlands.

HALF SHOT OF A BLACK COUPLE ON A COUCH
CLOSE UP OF MAN WITH TEXT "TYRONE FRANKLIN - CAR RENTAL MANAGER"
Man: We’re voting Republican because we like a conservative majority on the Supreme Court.
CLOSE UP OF WOMAN WITH TEXT "ELAINE FRANKLIN - HOMEMAKER"
Woman: We really like knowing that even if we’re separate, we’ll still be called equal.

HALF SHOT OF TWO WOMEN AT A RESTAURANT TABLE WITH TEXT "CARRIE WINSTON - OPTOMETRIST" AND "JULIE SNYDER - RECYCLING TECHNICIAN"
Woman on left: I’m voting Republican because I need to be told who I can love.
CLOSE UP OF WOMAN ON RIGHT
Woman on right: I told you.
CLOSE UP OF WOMAN ON LEFT
Woman on left: Honey, I need the government to tell me.
HALF SHOT OF WOMEN AT TABLE
Woman on right: I need them to tell me how I can best show a lifetime commitment.
WAITRESS ENTERS, REFILLS COFFEE
Waitress: And Republicans are just the folks to do that, sweetheart.

CLOSE UP OF MAN IN SUIT WITH TEXT "R. W. THORN II - GENERAL COUNSEL"
Man: I’m voting Republican because corporations should not have to pay to clean up environmental damage. The EPA is an outmoded idea. If people want clean water, buy it in a bottle.

CLOSE UP OF A HAND PICKING UP AN APPLE
Woman: I’m voting Republican because
CLOSE UP OF WOMAN WITH TEXT "VERONICA OAKES - ANTHROPOLOGY STUDENT"
Woman: I don’t want to know if the food I am eating has been genetically modified or exposed to radiation. I don’t want to have to live with that fear, you know? So if the label says it’s food, that’s good enough for me.

SHOT OF A FLAG POLE WITH THE AMERICAN FLAG WAVING IN THE WIND
Man's voice: I’m voting Republican because

SHOT OF A MAN IN FRONT OF A PICKUP TRUCK WITH TEXT "PETE DIXON - PIPEFITTER"
Man: I really enjoy being screwed by the utility companies.

SHOT OF A BLACK MAN IN A SUIT WITH TEXT "KALEEL JAMES - PUBLIC DEFENDER"
Man: Because we need more minorities in prison.

SHOT OF A TEENAGE CHEERLEADER WITH TEXT "KELLI MARS - CHEERLEADER"
Cheerleader: Because hybrid cars really suck.

SHOT OF YOUNG MAN WITH TEXT "STAN MITCHELL - GRAPHIC DESIGNER"
Man: Because I just don’t feel like I deserve health insurance.

SHOT OF AN UNSHAVEN MIDDLE AGED MAN WITH TEXT "GENE ROBINSON - TRANSIENT/UNEMPLOYED"
Man: Because Texas needs more billionaires.

SHOT OF A SECRITY GUARD WITH TEXT "TERRY ADAMS - PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER"
Guard: I’m voting Republican because sometimes the constitution is just one big inconvenient headache.

SHOT OF AN OLD WOMAN HOLDING A PAN OF COOKIES IN KITCHEN WITH TEXT "ROSE MAYER - GRAMMA"
Gramma: I think the whole world should be run by one big corporation. I think it would be so much cozier.

SHOT OF COUPLE DRESSED AND POSED LIKE THE PAINTING "AMERICAN GOTHIC" WITH TEXT "TRUDY JONES - FARMER'S WIFE" AND "ARNOLD JONES - FARMER"
Farmer: Because all other countries are in fear to us.
Farmer's wife: We should start as many wars as we need to keep it that way.

SHOT OF A SOLDIER WITH A RIFLE
Soldier: So I can stay in Iraq.

SHOT OF A CHILD IN CAMO WITH A TOY RIFLE
Child: So I can go to Iran.

SHOT OF A CUPCAKE WITH A SMALL AMERICAN FLAG STICKING OUT OF IT. FLAG SLOWLY FALLS OVER DURING VOICEOVER
Voiceover: So if you’re thinking about voting something besides Republican, don’t bother. Stay home. We’ve got it all taken care of. You’ll get exactly what you deserve.

BLACK SCREEN WITH TEXT:
November 2008
Register to vote
Do it today
Do it now

CREDITS WHICH ARE TOO SMALL TO READ AND I WOULDN'T RETYPE ANYWAY

SHOT OF THE OLD WOMAN OFFERING A PAN OF COOKIES IN KITCHEN
Gramma: Cookie?



(I'm not really as bored as this makes me seem... I'm experimenting with writing something in script form and transcribing this seemed like it might be useful for learning purposes)
 
Posted by shentzu (Member # 2253) on August 14, 2008, 14:25:
 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
And what, exactly, have the Republicans done about 'the slaughter of millions of babies' in the last 8 years?
i am always confused by this one.

history shows that if you want to reduce abortions you leave abortion as an option, but have better sex education, and better general education. the abortion numbers go down. bingo.

teaching people to have safe sex = less unwanted pregnancies. how hard is that to grasp?

an educated and capable population means better jobs, means higher standard of living which means the ability to raise kids, which = less abortions.

higher minimum wages means better living standards = less abortions.

better educations leads to general overall well being = less abortions. (did you know the single biggest determining factor in number of pregnancies is the education level of the female involved?)

abortions went down under that baby killer Clinton, and up under Bush. why is that?

the entire platform of the republican party seems to be "ways we can directly or indirectly drive up abortion numbers" and yet they get the "life" vote.

....which brings up the question of how the "pro-life" party can support the death penalty and bombing countries for sport, but that is another issue.
 
Posted by TheMoMan (Member # 1659) on August 14, 2008, 14:41:
 
__________________ Dumb question, If the GOP likes to call itself the party of prosperity, can You Afford much more prosperity. I see the Chasm between the haves and the havenots getting wider. so who is this prosperity helping?
 
Posted by shentzu (Member # 2253) on August 14, 2008, 14:53:
 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
__________________ Dumb question, If the GOP likes to call itself the party of prosperity, can You Afford much more prosperity. I see the Chasm between the haves and the havenots getting wider. so who is this prosperity helping?

hehe!

with prosperity like this, who needs failure....
 
Posted by Steen (Member # 170) on August 14, 2008, 17:14:
 
shentzu wrote:
i am always confused by this one.

history shows that if you want to reduce abortions you leave abortion as an option, but have better sex education, and better general education. the abortion numbers go down. bingo.


It makes perfect sense when you realize that the intent is not to reduce or even eliminate abortions. The intent is to rewrite the laws in order to force everyone to live according to the morals of a subset of Christianity. No abortions, no sex outside of marriage, persecution of homosexuals...

And why not? Theocracies have worked out so well for the middle east.
 
Posted by shentzu (Member # 2253) on August 15, 2008, 07:03:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
shentzu wrote:
i am always confused by this one.

history shows that if you want to reduce abortions you leave abortion as an option, but have better sex education, and better general education. the abortion numbers go down. bingo.


It makes perfect sense when you realize that the intent is not to reduce or even eliminate abortions. The intent is to rewrite the laws in order to force everyone to live according to the morals of a subset of Christianity. No abortions, no sex outside of marriage, persecution of homosexuals...

And why not? Theocracies have worked our so well for the middle east.

oh i understand their goal, i just don't understand why people who don't share that goal fall for it!

i know too many single issue voters for whom abortion is *the* issue who would be appalled if they believed what you stated.

....or maybe i know a lot of people who also want a theocracy but are good actors and pretend it is a single issue abortion vote. maybe that is the trouble.
 
Posted by Callipygous (Member # 2071) on August 15, 2008, 16:07:
 
quote:
Originally posted by shentzu:
oh i understand their goal, i just don't understand why people who don't share that goal fall for it!

i know too many single issue voters for whom abortion is *the* issue who would be appalled if they believed what you stated.

....or maybe i know a lot of people who also want a theocracy but are good actors and pretend it is a single issue abortion vote. maybe that is the trouble.

It's not that convoluted. For the type of person that these policies appeal to it is a matter of pride that they do not think things through. That's what faith based politics (and much US right wing politics now) is. Paul Krugman says it better than I can. Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.
 


© 2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0