This is topic EXTRA! EXTRA! Zombies will kill us all! in forum Your News! at The Geek Culture Forums.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.geekculture.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003998

Posted by Mr. Geek 2U (Member # 28663) on August 18, 2009, 20:03:
 
It's true, because Canadian Scientists say so.

They used science, and calculations and computers and everything. It's the absolute geek truth.

Read all about it. Wake up Mulder and Sculley! Somebody has to do something.

ZOMBIES WILL KILL US ALL! SCIENTISTS SAY SO!

Fight Back! Get rid of your brains! Join the birther moment!

Holy Shoot!

Mr. Geek 2U
 
Posted by Ashitaka (Member # 4924) on August 18, 2009, 23:39:
 
NO, actually they said that Zombies will kill us all if we don't act quickly when they come.

SO act quickly, if you see someone acting in a zombie like manner, get your shotgun, take them down, and remove thier head with a semi-sharp instrument. (i.e. an old lawnmower blade ( some people call them sling blades, but I call them lawnmower blades))

ps on a side note, was I the only one that noticed that betweenthe movies 28 days later (good movie) and 28 months later (not so good movie) that the zombies learned to run really really fast. WTF!
 
Posted by Xanthine (Member # 736) on August 18, 2009, 23:44:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:

SO act quickly, if you see someone acting in a zombie like manner, get your shotgun, take them down, and remove thier head with a semi-sharp instrument. (i.e. an old lawnmower blade ( some people call them sling blades, but I call them lawnmower blades))

Aw shit. So I guess I should just avoid leaving my home before I've had my morning coffee?
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on August 19, 2009, 00:09:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
ps on a side note, was I the only one that noticed that betweenthe movies 28 days later (good movie) and 28 months later (not so good movie) that the zombies learned to run really really fast. WTF!

Evolution in action, fast-moving zombies 'live' longer, and are more reproductively successful.
 
Posted by fs (Member # 1181) on August 25, 2009, 01:22:
 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
ps on a side note, was I the only one that noticed that betweenthe movies 28 days later (good movie) and 28 months later (not so good movie) that the zombies learned to run really really fast. WTF!

Evolution in action, fast-moving zombies 'live' longer, and are more reproductively successful.
That actually makes sense. The most common given cause of zombification is viral, transmitted through saliva. Could be slightly different strains of zombie virus, and the one that causes less impairment of motor functions after death would be the one that gradually dominates.

Also, do zombies starve to "death" if they don't eat? Or do they just get really hungry?
 
Posted by Ashitaka (Member # 4924) on August 25, 2009, 05:30:
 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
ps on a side note, was I the only one that noticed that betweenthe movies 28 days later (good movie) and 28 months later (not so good movie) that the zombies learned to run really really fast. WTF!

Evolution in action, fast-moving zombies 'live' longer, and are more reproductively successful.
That actually makes sense. The most common given cause of zombification is viral, transmitted through saliva. Could be slightly different strains of zombie virus, and the one that causes less impairment of motor functions after death would be the one that gradually dominates.

Also, do zombies starve to "death" if they don't eat? Or do they just get really hungry?

The ones in this movie/alternate world starved to death.
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on August 25, 2009, 17:11:
 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
That actually makes sense. The most common given cause of zombification is viral, transmitted through saliva. Could be slightly different strains of zombie virus, and the one that causes less impairment of motor functions after death would be the one that gradually dominates.

Actually, in the original zombie stories, they're artifacts, mindless automatons built by evil Voodoo priests, using the bodies of the dead as building materials.

They didn't evolve, they were Intelligently Designed.
 
Posted by Mr. Geek 2U (Member # 28663) on August 26, 2009, 04:59:
 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Also, do zombies starve to "death" if they don't eat? Or do they just get really hungry?

They could be like a retrovirus and just go dormant until food is available.

For example, they could be in a room full of screaming health care protesters, but all of a sudden one of them calmed down and said something intelligent, that's when the zombie would eat their brains.

Mr. Geek 2U
 


© 2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0