This is topic Live Video in forum Your News! at The Geek Culture Forums!.

To visit this topic, use this URL:;f=15;t=003926

Posted by HalfVast (Member # 3187) on April 27, 2009, 10:35:
Good from 1:30 pm to about 4:00 pm EDT

In which Halfvast assembles an Epson 7900 Printer.
Posted by Ashitaka (Member # 4924) on April 27, 2009, 10:47:
aren't those things called plotters when they're that big. Plotters are great for printing maps i.e. from the US geological surviy site. NO multi pgae BS.
Posted by HalfVast (Member # 3187) on April 27, 2009, 11:08:
Ash, I think plotters refer to a device with a single pen or stylus.
This is just an oversized inkjet with a traverse head and paper
feed in one direction only.
Posted by HalfVast (Member # 3187) on April 27, 2009, 12:54:
Ok, shows over for today. Tomorrow, the all in one spectrodensitometer! [Big Grin]
Posted by geekygoddess (Member # 15702) on April 27, 2009, 13:01:
Wow, Halfy....what a BIG machine you got there;)
Posted by Richard Wolf VI (Member # 4993) on April 27, 2009, 16:45:
FAKE [Razz]

Heh, it almost seems like a regular printer in a scale room [crazy]
Posted by TheMoMan (Member # 1659) on April 28, 2009, 10:33:
_________________ HalfVast __ The plant Layout office where I worked had a seven color plotter (seven different pen cartrigages) that could print on 36in paper for as long as the print needed. It was neat to see the gas, water waste & potable, compressed air, and paint solvents lines all printed out.
Posted by macmcseboy (Member # 1232) on April 28, 2009, 10:56:
HUGE Rig you got thar
Posted by Snaggy (Member # 123) on April 28, 2009, 12:45:

Posted by HalfVast (Member # 3187) on April 28, 2009, 13:11:
Since the Epson is out of sight right now I'll assume you're talking about the grey Heidelberg platesetter
that seems to fill up most of the room. Yeah, that's my baby. I come running when it screams and
I have to clean it up when it makes a mess. [Razz]

© 2018 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0