This is topic Money CAN Buy Happiness in forum Your News! at The Geek Culture Forums.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.geekculture.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002031

Posted by GMx (Member # 1523) on September 23, 2004, 07:28:
 
From the No Shit Sherlock Department:

Having Money Helps With Satisfaction

Are you satisfied? I'm not. [weep]
 
Posted by drunkennewfiemidget (Member # 2814) on September 23, 2004, 07:43:
 
I've always thought the phrase 'money can't buy you happiness' was always a load of crap.

Then again, I'm a heartless prick. [Wink]
 
Posted by spungo (Member # 1089) on September 23, 2004, 07:48:
 
"Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - Spike Milligan
 
Posted by MacManKrisK (Member # 955) on September 23, 2004, 07:58:
 
Yes, but I'm willing to bet the 24% of "poor" people who said they were "very satisfied" are more completely satisfied then the 56% of "rich" people who said they were "very satisfied."

True happiness doens't lie in money or posessions, but it knowing that you are worth more then both.
 
Posted by spungo (Member # 1089) on September 23, 2004, 08:39:
 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Yes, but I'm willing to bet the 24% of "poor" people who said they were "very satisfied" are more completely satisfied then the 56% of "rich" people who said they were "very satisfied."

True happiness doens't lie in money or posessions, but it knowing that you are worth more then both.

"Dope can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no dope." - The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.
 
Posted by GMx (Member # 1523) on September 23, 2004, 09:09:
 
Hee hee... I haven't heard that one in a long time. The Freak Brothers rule!
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on September 23, 2004, 09:22:
 
"Money can't buy happiness - but you can park your yacht next to it"
 
Posted by Cap'n Vic (Member # 1477) on September 23, 2004, 09:38:
 
Freak Brothers! Man what a flash back! I haven't even thought of those guy since the 80's......I wonder what happened to all my old comics? Oh, wait, I think I used them as rolling papers.

 -
 
Posted by MTB Babe (Member # 2297) on September 23, 2004, 19:59:
 
Did these guys make an appearance on the X-Files?
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on September 23, 2004, 20:15:
 
MTB !!!!!

We've missed you.

btw - did you ever get around to posting that picture? [evil]
 
Posted by Cap'n Vic (Member # 1477) on September 24, 2004, 00:22:
 
[Big Grin] MTB Bab(y) got back! [Big Grin]
 
Posted by spungo (Member # 1089) on September 24, 2004, 00:57:
 
[Big Grin] Yay! Welcome back!
 
Posted by MTB Babe (Member # 2297) on September 24, 2004, 06:04:
 
Thanx!!! Its good to be back!! I've been on quite an adventure. The last time I posted was the Day Before I got fired. But I've found a new job thats much cooler..now I'm back [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
 
Posted by The Famous Druid (Member # 1769) on September 24, 2004, 06:37:
 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Thanx!!! Its good to be back!! I've been on quite an adventure. The last time I posted was the Day Before I got fired. But I've found a new job thats much cooler..now I'm back [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What?

You mean your employer gave you the arse ?

(I usually try to avoid too much EN_AU slang, but this time I couldn't resist)
 
Posted by MTB Babe (Member # 2297) on September 24, 2004, 06:46:
 
Yes..as UNBELIEVABLE as it sounds, they put the boot to my incredible ass.

The company fell apart after I left.
 
Posted by csk (Member # 1941) on September 24, 2004, 07:02:
 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Yes..as UNBELIEVABLE as it sounds, they put the boot to my incredible ass.

The company fell apart after I left.

That's because they got distracted watching you walk out for the last time, and forgot to run the company [Wink]
 


© 2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0