homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Life in the furniture shop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life in the furniture shop
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 16, 2012 04:36      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've lived in Casa del Druid for 16 years, you'd think I'd have noticed by now that it's really a furniture shop.
I also had no idea the elderly Italian lady across the street was running a Vietnamese restaurant in her home.
Somehow both of those facts eluded me until I installed Apple Maps on my phone. [crazy]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10448 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2012 08:20      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do know now that you have only one choice for a career!

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3080 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2012 13:07      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD, You had better check with the town council about your business permit.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5454 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 16, 2012 16:25      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
TFD, You had better check with the town council about your business permit.

I tried to, but I couldn't find the Town Hall.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2012 01:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

Word has it that Google recently released their own Maps app for iOS 6.
Please fetch a copy of this so you can /not/ get lost. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9206 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2012 07:26      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD, Just for poops and giggles I googled Melbourne, I did a restaurant (Vietnamese) list then I did a furniture store list. I did find your combination of businesses. There were reviews of both places.

So your on line persona is quite different than your furniture sales. All this time I thought you were a code head.

Do you have any recommendations for a recliner?

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5454 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 12 posted December 17, 2012 11:35      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually need some new furniture, but I think the shipping from Australia might be a bit much. You should really think about opening up stores in other areas so we could all be your customers TFD.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6362 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2012 18:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
You should really think about opening up stores in other areas so we could all be your customers TFD.

I have this Swedish cousin...

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2012 19:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
TFD, Just for poops and giggles I googled Melbourne, I did a restaurant (Vietnamese) list then I did a furniture store list. I did find your combination of businesses. There were reviews of both places.

Yeah, but Google would have shown them in their correct location, Richmond.
I'm in a street with the same name in North Melbourne, 6 km away.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.