homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Things that make you go hmmm...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things that make you go hmmm...
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2012 21:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The company I work for will be finding out next week if they're going broke, so I've been looking around, just in case.
Meanwhile, Mrs Druid and the druidlings are all strangely eager for me to apply for one of these jobs

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10464 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 07, 2012 09:41      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool!

/me sneaks in an application

sucks about your company's problems though!

Posts: 7830 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2012 19:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing what it is like to be on another continent for an extended period, I do not recommend that a member of the adults of a family go away for an extended time. A single person, it may be an adventure, however when one has a spouse and children the lose would be horrible. While the wages may sound very good.....

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5479 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2012 04:12      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds nice. My wife and I are looking for a move / new jobs too. Since she does finance we are thinking possibly moving to the glorious tax haven of the Cayman islands, where she can play with very rich peoples money and I can retrain as a scuba instructor (or something).

It is odd that governments always seem to be moaning about how not enough scientists and engineers are trained, but trying to find a job in those areas tells a different story.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2012 02:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update: looks like I'm still employed, for now.

The One Big Client who have been taking far too long to decide whether to approve the next stage of the work we're doing for them still haven't decided, but they've thrown us a bone (some work on another little project) to keep us going for the next month or so while they decide.

So, not out of the woods yet, but I'd much rather be looking for work in February than December (no-one is hiring in oz in December/January - they're all at the beach)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10464 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 13, 2012 11:59      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]
Posts: 7830 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2012 14:36      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you got a bit of a reprieve TFD!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1671 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.