homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Wine swirling for idiots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wine swirling for idiots
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2012 17:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the flavor from the barrel is introduced fairly late in the wine's development it tends to concentrate in the outer layers. When you swirl the wine counter-clockwise it dislodges that flavor, while at the same, pushing liquid into the pores, inhibiting the fruit flavors that are inside the cell from coming out.

There's plenty more where that came from

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2012 19:52      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does the wine know what direction it is being swirled?

Does it care about CW/CCW?

What happens if the barrel is inverted?

Freaking Wine Snobs!!

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 18, 2012 20:12      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure I can sell these people some $800 ethernet cables.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2012 07:45      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
There's plenty more where that came from

Thank you for that! I was in giggles by the time I hit the part about the polarity of wine cells.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture