homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Bank error in your favour: collect $500.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bank error in your favour: collect $500.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 15, 2011 12:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got a letter from my bank (who are also my insurance company). They've noticed that they've been over-charging me for insurance for 9 years, and have sent me a refund, including 8.5% interest, it came to almost $500.

If I look out the window and see a scottie dog and a top hat walking down the street, I'm buying The Waterworks and The Electric Company.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2011 01:25      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the utilities seem like easy mony at the beginning but they are not good long term investments. May buy one at the bigenning, but then trade it away and get yourself somethign to build on.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 16, 2011 03:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of years ago our bank transfered $5000 into our account. We asked them where did it come from, they couldn't answer us. That's right, they couldn't tell us where it came from. We often get money transfers and such from publishers, so this was weird, but not out-of-the-realm-of-the-possible weird.

So, we went about our business, and the Universe was wonderful.

A couple of weeks later we were dragged in front of the manager and got treated like crap. The bank had made a mistake and deposited this money from someone who had the same bank account number as our account. (That's right, the SAME account number, just a different branch. [crazy] ) [Mad]

The Universe was less wonderful then. [cry baby]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2011 04:29      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it the other way round. A company I mark for got my account number wrong, and payed half a year's earnings into the wrong account. It took over a year to get that cash back, as the bank came up with excuse after excuse why they couldn't take it out of a live, but dormant, account, while the company kept bouncing it back to the bank.

I eventually got it back, but both sides refused to pay me the lost interest [Frown]

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2011 00:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just heard about a friend receiving a cheque for $1200 for many years of over-charging by her electricity supplier.

Check those bills folks, it could be worth your while...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture