homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Returned from the dead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Returned from the dead
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 07:18      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been on the forums in years. Since I was here last, I got a career, got married, bought a house and had a baby. Now the baby is sleeping on me, and all I have to keep me awake is the Internet. I am happy to see people I remember are at thousands of posts. Also, I can't believe I remembered my randomly generated password. So, uh, what did I miss?
Posts: 184 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 10:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curses...I guess you've taken away my hope about pining away for a cool geek lass in the geekiest of towns in MA. [Wink]

Welcome back, schurren! Glad to hear things seem to be going well for you! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 13:28      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Oh, and I moved to PA in the meantime. But there are still plenty of geeky girls in MA. That's what I miss most about Boston: the high geek density.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 21, 2011 13:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Welcome back!

Career, married, a baby, and a house! Wow, I feel like I'm stuck on an event horizon. [crazy]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 14:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I'm in PA, too. There're several of us in the commonwealth. I'm in Lancaster. Where are you living?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2011 07:03      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Pittsburgh, a place where news about zombies makes the front page of the paper.
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2011 22:29      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister went to university there. After living in Italy for a while, and then at home for an even shorter while, she's now planning to move back out to Pitt in a few weeks. Boo.

It's a great area, even if it is stealing my sister. I have a lot of friends out there, but I don't get out there much. Have you checked out Squirrel Hill? Lots of great Jewish eateries and shops. Oh, and you must ride the incline on Mt. Washington.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture