homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » The end of the world is going to be a little late

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The end of the world is going to be a little late
steampunkgrrrl
Geek Larva
Member # 38567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 05:18      Profile for steampunkgrrrl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the end of the world was supposed to happen this past Saturday. I remember it being beautiful outside here. The weather was nice and the sun was shining.

My boyfriend and I spent the say together, since it was his day off. We cleaned up the house, painted, I cooked dinner.

I woke up Sunday and we went to an old car show.

World still didn't end. [Applause]

--------------------
A Steampunk's Musings

Posts: 25 | From: Northwest Ohio | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 10:35      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to the U2 concert Saturday. No one evaporated.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 10:42      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I slept in, got up and found it was raining. Fixed breakfast for myself and my cat, then played with her since she couldn't (well, wouldn't) go out and chase small furry things.

After the cat was happy and ready to nap again, I pulled out some boxes of books, magazines and papers that I've kept for too long and sorted through them while doing laundry.

From six mostly-full boxes I wound up with a box that went into recycling the recycling bin, half a box that went into the garbage, two very full boxes that are being given to two different friends and about 1/2 a box that I'll keep. I also got 5 loads of laundry done at the same time.

I wound up the day playing Dragon Age while listening to some new CD's from obscure bands that almost nobody has heard of (TAT, Be Your Own Art!, Zolof The Rock & Roll Destroyer, The Sounds, Juliet Dagger and The Beat Shots if you're curious).

Sleeping in, playing with pets, accomplishing a few useful things, playing games and listening to new music... I wish every day could be the the end of the world.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2011 22:45      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sun was shining here as well, so being the heathen that I am decided the only way I was going anywhere was if I got on my bike.

Some 20km along the scenic river trails around here I was pretty pleased with the lack of world endyness [Smile]

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 01:16      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was it supposed to end? I thought that was next year.

I cannot keep the apocalypses straight anymore.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 01:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent Apocalypse Day in Canada.

Well, not really in Canada, but a virtual Canada here in Melbourne.

Druidling V2.0f wanted to take her friends ice skating for her birthday. The place we went to also happens to be the headquarters of the aussie winter olympics team, and one of the few ice hockey rinks in oz.

It being an ice hockey venue, it's a favourite haunt of much of the ex-pat Canadian community, (they even have Poutine in the cafe) so I sat and watched a game while some nice people from Toronto filled me in on the finer points of the rules.

All in all, not a bad way to spend The End Of Days.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2011 09:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
I thought that was next year.

I cannot keep the apocalypses straight anymore.

"I suddenly find myself needing to know the plural of apocalypse."
- Riley, Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture