homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Eggsplosion at Casa del Druid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eggsplosion at Casa del Druid
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 02:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I was preparing the druidlings lunch for tomorrow, put some eggs in a pot of boiling water, and then got distracted...

40 minutes later.... BANG!.

The pot was found half way across the room from the stove, and I had to scrape egg shrapnel off the walls and ceiling.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 03:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ WWWHHHOOOOOOOPPPSSS

____ OOOHHH MMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 03:56      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pics or it didn't happen

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 05:06      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an egg-citing story

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 08:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would seem your noggen is a little scrambled lately. [crazy]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 09:04      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an embarassing story, I guess you have... ok that one is too easy.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 17:59      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to egg you guys on, but those were some great puns.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 19:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, yeah, go on, enjoy a yolk at my eggspense.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 11:18      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way this one was going to blow over easy.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 15:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD, Nope the yolks on you.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 15:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puns are being repeated. I think this topic may be ova.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 15:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Puns are being repeated. I think this topic may be ova.

So far only one pun's been poached.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 17:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Nobody sang soprano, about eggs Benidict.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2010 01:18      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've hatched and idea, this pun fest should evolve into a chick then chicken punfest.

But I hope TFD knows we are just poulet his leg.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2010 07:26      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This whole thing's turning into a bit of a henway.
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2010 08:08      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Me thinks that the FOX is guarding the hen house.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2010 02:16      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose you could say my attempt to cook lunch was a total cock-up.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2010 02:52      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD, as you examined the eggs, did it appear as if one went and the rest followed suit?

____ Was the destruction from the yolk outward, or were the yolks intact?

____ Was there water all about, or had it boiled away?

____ I believe this is why water heaters and pressure cookers have relief valves.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2010 13:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ TFD, as you examined the eggs, did it appear as if one went and the rest followed suit?

One was totally obliterated (scraping fragments off the ceiling) the rest were burst, but more or less ovo-intacto.

____ Was the destruction from the yolk outward, or were the yolks intact?

Didn't examine them that closely.

____ Was there water all about, or had it boiled away?

Boiled dry.

____ I believe this is why water heaters and pressure cookers have relief valves.

Yup. There was a mythbusters episode where they disabled the relief valve on a water heater, it shot through the roof of the test building, and didn't hit the ground until **many** seconds later.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2010 16:52      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD, when I had to learn how to build pressure vessels, the big caution was about when the water goes to super heat, at that point a vessel failure is much like a nitrite explosion as the water violently boils once it gets outside the vessel.

____ Example A a small vessel was totally filled with water and heated till it burst, not a whole lot to see.

____ Example B same size vessel half full and put on a remote fire, watched with video cameras, was that ever a show.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture