homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » halloween five

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: halloween five
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2010 14:10      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like a Friday Five

1. Favourite costume you wore as a kid
2. Favourite costume you wore as an adult
3. Favourite candy to get trick or treating
4. As a kid did you like the people who made their house spooky or did it just creep you out more?
5. Do you watch scary movies? What's your fav?

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2010 15:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____ Hmmmm.

Hoppa-long Cassidy

Wolf

Milky way

4. As a kid did you like the people who made their house spooky or did it just creep you out more?

Creeped us out

The Sound of Music

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2010 16:38      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

A pumkin maybe, I was never really into dressing up, probably because I always got hand me down costumes from my older sister

not yet worn one as an adult, would like to try it one halloween and go out, but not every year, maybe when I have kids I'll dress up.

The big candy bars from my grandmother, that and fruit taffy

Meh, it was all about the ends for me.

No, people watch scary movies for the emotional (adreniline, or nausea) responce they get. I don't get enough into the movies to feel anything so scary movies tend to be absolutely the most boring movies ever *, except for this one Korean movie,save the green planet , but it was also a good scifi and detective story as well as a scary movie.

* This is the same reason most guys find romance movies boring, as they have no emotional attachment to the characters, they don't care what happens and they are extremely boring

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2010 18:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ladybug or the squid. One was cute. The other just awesome (so awesome it is still worn by anyone who can fit into it; one of these days I'll have to try it on and see if I'm not too tall for it because if I'm not, I want it back).

Probably the fairy princess, just for the looks on faces when I tell them it's my old HS prom dress (truth!).

Anything carmely.

When I was small, my own shadow creeped me out. When I got older, the more into it the decorators got the better.

My husband shot this video of our cat flying around the room and then attacking the camera. Does that count?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 25, 2010 18:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Favourite costume you wore as a kid.

Batman (I think.) The 1960's TV version.

2. Favourite costume you wore as an adult.

I went to a dance as a rubber raft. It was a real rubber raft, filled up with balloons, the back was shimmery blue fabric like water. I won 1st prize. Lost about 10 pounds dancing in it, and it was hell to drive in. [Razz]

chocolate bars.

creeped out!

Sometimes, if they are either super campy, like Army of Darkness, or super good, like Hitchcock's Psycho.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2010 08:19      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With so many kids, my mom didn't put a lot into costumes. I was a gypsy often, which meant a pinned skirt and lots of necklaces. Did have a cool Angel costume once. I loved the wings. We glued glitter to the cardboard. It was sparklicious!
2. Favourite costume you wore as an adult. I made a cool alien vamp with finds at Goodwill in college.
Tootsie rolls. Today vanilla tootsie rolls.

4. As a kid did you like the people who made their house spooky or did it just creep you out more? It was mixed. I did like the guy with the gorilla suit.
5. Do you watch scary movies? What's your fav? Nope a giant wuss. Still by clear shower curtains thanks to Psycho.

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2010 08:31      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Elvis! Hands down, it was the year I went as Elvis! The young, un-puffy Elvis. I just slicked my hair back, put on a denim jacket, and threw a guitar over my shoulder.

Uhm, I've never really worn a costume as an adult.

Too many to choose, so I'll just say Kit-Kat bars.

Oh, it creeped me out, but I always appreciated the extra effort, ex post facto. There was a house around the other end of our block that always went way out and beyond for Halloween. I remember one particular year that they had somebody sitting in a dimly-lit lawn chair with heavy makeup on so he looked like the rest of the stuffed scarecrows that were scattered around the yard. And then you walked past him and he'd jump at you... heh, simple things often work best!

No, but I watch funny movie parodies of scary movies. Scary Movie was funny, as was Shaun of the Dead.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2010 13:03      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooo yes. Two thumbs up for Shaun of the dead.
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2010 18:17      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murderous clown (pre-"It"... I would have dressed as Pennywise if it had been out).

A dead mime with a slashed throat. I mimed everything and didn't speak for the entire night.

Fresh Butterfingers (stale ones have harder, less tasty centers)

I would have liked anyone who made their house spooky, but I grew up in the bible belt. We were lucky if we managed to avoid getting lectured on the evils of Halloween and I don't think a single year went by without some jerkoff giving me a Chick tract instead of candy.

There are several types of scary movies.

I love spooky and disturbing movies. The type that have a decent story, set up a suitably creepy atmosphere and give your imagination time to work. The endings are almost always disappointing (nothing is as scary as your own imagination, after all), but that's sort of a happy ending: "Oh. It wasn't as terrifying as I thought. Cool. I won't have nightmares tonight."

I'm not a fan of the movies that rely entirely on gore and startling the audience, however, and that's all the majority of them are.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2010 11:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ A few years ago I heard where a woman was giving away scoops of Ice Cream to the kids at the door.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 06:12      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember kids, in every reported instance of a razor blade in an apple injuring a child, it was never a stranger but one of the childs own parents that put the razor in the apple. Usually as revenge against the otehr parent.

No that is a story to you scare and discust people on halloween.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture