homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Found this while packing ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Found this while packing ...
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2010 17:53      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everybody!

Look what I found when I went through a stack of old business cards!

Wow!

A long time a-go my boss told me I was too shy to talk to clients in meetings. I was, too! So she said I should take a class in Improvisation. So I did! It was fun, fun, fun!

The most fun is when I had to work with somebody else and trust them. And people would say we had to do something silly!

That is a risk for me. OK?

So the fellow I had to Improv with was very young. He was from Canadia! And his Mom drove him to the USA so he could learn to be mo-funny. He was funny! And he was 16 years old.

So there I was. Old. And there he was not old enough to shave.

We had to act like we were the stars on "Road Kill Chefs." That was our silly assignment. GO!

Everybody laughed and laughed at us! Lots! It was funny. It was FUN! He was funny. And just sixteen. But he wanted to be a big star and gave me his business card.

I found it! He was from Vancouver Canadia! How about that!

Here is a scan of his card. Fun memory for me today! I blurred some of the particulars so nobody would call or write to that address.

Sixteen Years Old and Working his Dream! And both on stage together!

What do you think?

-

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2010 18:19      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epic WIN! that card is work a few bux now! That is if you are the type to monetize that sort of thing.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2010 18:44      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No! No! No!

I would not trade that for all the Heath Bars (my favorite candy) in the world Mr. Mac!

It would be like selling a memory. I still remember the jokes about the 'possum brain puddin! Looks just like the chocolate puddin' Mama used to make! Kinda taste like it, too. That's 'cause it's aged! Aw, g'won, Aged? Road raged 'n aged ...Two or three days in the hot sun, I rekon! Hot da-yumm! Where'd you find it? County road 5! You mean we gots County road 5 kweezeen in our kichen...? Yes indeed! Whys Scooter, I'm honored. County Road 5 Aged Possum Brain Puddin! Now, that's good eatin'! (Look fer it just passed the dead skunk! You can't miss it!)

Well, maybe you had to be there! But that card takes me back. So no sellin' it.

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 03, 2010 20:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! You should email him that. He'd probably get a kick out of it.
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2010 09:44      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is an amazing piece of memorabilia and you have a great story to go along with it. Never, ever sell it!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2010 19:52      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like I will never sell my Maurice Richard autographed picture... I fought a line of 1200 people to get that... actually pulled a bit of a stunt to do it... but that is a story for another time.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture