homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Survived Westboro Baptist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Survived Westboro Baptist
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 12:47      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I survived Westboro Baptists coming to scream at my church this weekend. They held vile signs and screamed at the top of their lungs. They fit us in on their tour of the state. Lucky us. Our church, the temple and the synagogue all got really nice support from the community, which was really nice. They plan on attending the miners funerals to scream some more. Where do these people come from and how do they end up like this?

If you don't know them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 14:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think everyone should respond like this if they get the opportunity:
Jason Connell used the appearance of the hate group to raise money for queer rights groups such as Human Rights Campaign, International AIDS Foundation and Chicago based Jerusalem Open House. Donations were named in honor of the Westboro Baptist Church and community thank you cards will be sent from the non-profits to WBC
leader Fred Phelps

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2010 02:33      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ I know that they have a legal right to protest, it just galls the poop out of me. To me, you do not pick and choose what scripture to follow, you follow the whole set of books.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2010 06:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you support women being beaten to death in front of their fathers if they can't prove that they're virgins on their wedding night?

The bible has some really f'd up stuff in it.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2010 07:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...I knew nothing about "WBC," and having skimmed the Wikipedia article, wish that was still true.

Honest question: WTF purpose do they serve?
It seems that /everything/ is wrong to them. They appear to be 'religious' trolls. (I use that adjective lightly, but not the noun.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2010 07:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Picking and choosing, they only did that so they would not have to return the dowry.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2010 13:24      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is possible that might be an insult to trolls, Dragonman. [Smile]
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
David Rogers
Mini Geek
Member # 1373

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2010 08:45      Profile for David Rogers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
So...I knew nothing about "WBC," and having skimmed the Wikipedia article, wish that was still true.

Honest question: WTF purpose do they serve?
It seems that /everything/ is wrong to them. They appear to be 'religious' trolls. (I use that adjective lightly, but not the noun.)

I suppose that they might serve as an example of how not to live your life. They certainly represent a vile and disgusting slice of humanity.

--------------------
David Rogers

Posts: 66 | From: Champaign IL USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2010 09:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ I fear that with the scandals with the Catholic Church and these people that too many people will draw the wrong conclusion about Christians. I try to be a good ambassador and not a millstone, on faith, Yes I could try to witness to all of you but the best witness is live the life and walk the talk.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2010 18:29      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everybody!

Hello! Hello! Hello! I am in a very good mood today. These West-Burrow animals will not get me down.

I will tell you what. No offence!

I think maybe the Romans were right! Some Christians need to be fed to the lions! Yummy!

Not the Detroit Lions, though, because they aren't very good lions at all.

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture