homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I saw Adam Savage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I saw Adam Savage
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 20, 2009 11:29      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I mentioned in my birthday thead, yesterday I went to a place here in Albany, CA called The Bone Room to listen to Adam Savage give a talk about the dodo bird. More accurately, it was a talk about how he built a model of one and the whole creative process behind it. He is just as much fun in person as he is on Mythbusters and is very animated when he's talking.

After he finished he did some question and answer, and even answered one of my questions. We were about 20 minutes into the questions before anyone asked anything about Mythbusters. From his reaction I'm not sure if he was happy it took so long before anyone got to it or happy that someone finally asked. So now I know his favorite episode of Mythbusters (Lead Balloon) and his favorite explosion (not actually an explosion--the water heater). Afterwards he signed things and did pictures with people and I managed to get one too!

-

It was totally awesome and I really hope he does another talk later. I'll be there. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 11:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
obviously a Photoshop job. DNA sample or it never happened. :-)

COOOOL! Sounds fun. :-)

Posts: 7827 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 17:31      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

Say, what did he do to his thumb? Something involving an experiment, I hope, and not something relatively lame like closing it in a door [Eek!]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1670 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 17:40      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to his twitter account he was tightening a bolt. The picture was nasty too.

(Side note: I just showed Kaitlin the picture--of me, not his thumb--and she said, "It's Adam Savage! Is that a costume?" [crazy] )

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 19:04      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w00t! sooo jealous

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1127 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.