homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » ♪ ...and a duckling in a fruit tree... ♫

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ♪ ...and a duckling in a fruit tree... ♫
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2009 21:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Solstice is fast approaching, a time of gift-giving for all good Druids.

I'm feeling all pathetic and sorry for myself at the moment, not really in the mood to spend all day traipsing around the local shops gathering useless crap that my family will probably add to the piles of useless crap they got last year, and December will be busy for other reasons, so I got a little 'creative' with my gifts this year...

Oxfam Unwrapped (also available in Canada UK USA and elsewhere) have a store where you can buy ducks, goats, fruit-trees, safe-water kits, and all manner of useful stuff, which they will then deliver to needy people in far-away places.

So, my brother got a goat (for the milk, of course) the Druidlings got ducks and chickens (for the eggs), and other family members got a well, fruit tree, vegetable garden, you get the idea. On Solstice, they'll get a nice card from Oxfam describing 'their' gift and how it benefits the recipients.

My entire Solstice shopping done in 15 minutes, I don't think I've ever felt so smugly self-righteous for being totally lazy.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2009 09:53      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had trees planted in the names of family members last year and they really liked the idea. They don't really need a Christmas gifts. Still got gifts for the sprats in the family or I would have been lynched though. LOL
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture