homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Where to go in Miami?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to go in Miami?
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 29, 2009 01:26      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks, I know it's been a while since I've last posted something here.

I'll be in the states on June 17th, for roughly a week. In Miami Beach to be precise.

I did check some travel guides and they seemed to me, a bit like tourist rip-offs [crazy]

Any suggestions on where to go? How to dress?

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2009 01:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stayed at the Clay Hotel many years ago, it was cheap, clean, and well located .

Things might have changed a lot since then, but back in the early 90's the area had a nice ambiance.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2009 09:13      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Miami Beach Apple Sore!

Be prepared for hot humid weather!

And wear a "Keep Out of Direct Sunlight" shirt from Think Geek!

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2009 09:49      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It take a couple of hours to drive north along the coast to get to and it's a bit touristy, but the Kennedy Space Center is a decently geeky place to spend a few hours.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 29, 2009 10:25      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooo! I sooo wanna go the the Kennedy Space Center... hey Ug next launch is...

Launch Date: June 17
Launch Time: 3:51 p.m. EDT

maybe you can catch it!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2009 12:42      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a 14hr flight so I'll probably fall to pieces if I try to catch the rocket launch, but I'll definitely be visiting the Kennedy Space Center, and the Apple store. [Wink]

Do you know any good restaurants and bars around? (except the Genius Bar)

--------------------

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted June 25, 2009 01:25      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back from Miami and I have totally fall in love with the place.

I haven't got time to visit Kennedy Space Center, but instead I took the opposite route and went to Key West. Uhm, or Conch Republic should I say? [Razz]

I have attented my friend's wedding and I was the best man. Made new friends, had fun and shopped till my money runs out.

Mon! that was a vacation to remember!

p.s: Next time I visit an Apple store I'll make sure that it's not close to a product launch. They didn't let me look around, so I just bought a couple items in a hurry and left. [Frown]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture