homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I think we found a winner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think we found a winner
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 09:30      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been looking for a picture hosting site with anonymous uploading for a while and think I have found one. I just need to test it. I picked here and just did an upload of a screen shot of my desktop.

-

Desktop

I'll try the imbedded and link to it.

I used Pictiger for these and will see how I like it.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 10:51      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a chick that counts in binary, übergeeky!

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 11:01      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like girls with attitude. Any girl that wants to date me better be willing to match wits, sarcasm and be prepared for a debate. I won't settle for someone that agrees with me all the time. That's no fun at all

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 15:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just get a pictiger logo.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 15:51      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the same as Druid. [ohwell]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 16:16      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted April 13, 2009 16:34      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to bring you down but the Pictiger logo is all I get too
Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 16:47      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't bring me down. Just means I have to try a new one. I would have to say that the test was effective in determining that I shouldn't use that site.

--------------------

Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 16:59      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
It doesn't bring me down. Just means I have to try a new one. I would have to say that the test was effective in determining that I shouldn't use that site.

I'm looking forward to finding out which sites work and which don't. May I request that as you assess each one, you update this thread on the good, bad, and ugly? I'd love to hear how this search turns out.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 17:08      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a fair number of GCers use Photobucket

I do and though not a huge user it works for me... and I only use it because it was recommended to me (by Cap'n Vic iirc)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 17:12      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Photobucket have the Anonymous uploading option. I just hate creating an account at these sites and having to remember another password. I just want to quickly upload post and be done with it.

In the past there was a site I used all the time but that site disappeared when I was at Basic.

But Thursday I will scour the web some more and see if I can find anything and repost here.

--------------------

Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 20:10      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused, Mac D,

What is the purpose of uploading anonymously? Doesn't that allow somebody to steal your work?

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 23:37      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

I had to click the link before I could see the picture in the forum.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 23:38      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
I'm confused, Mac D,

What is the purpose of uploading anonymously? Doesn't that allow somebody to steal your work?

CP

Unless you are the one commiting copyright infringement, then one might want anonymous uploading.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 00:31      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

I had to click the link before I could see the picture in the forum.
Hmmm....
After a little fiddling, I found
this link works

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 02:18      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using http:www.ohshot.com for a few years for quick'n'easy uploading (hotlinking allowed). As far as I can tell, just about everything I've uploaded is still there.
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 06:41      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's faster. I hate having to log in. And I don't upload copyright stuff most of it is pictures I take myself.

I'm not to worried about people stealing them. Nothing classified and no pictures of my kids.

--------------------

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 14, 2009 08:47      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid that if you want to upload images anonymously, they won't stay for long. I personally like http://www.fileden.com because it lets me hotlink and manage my files practically with no problem.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 09:12      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I get it.

I was coming from the POV of taking a lot of stock photo type of shots. Digital camera's have gotten to the point where a person with an eye for decent stock photos can take their own for publishing his or her own content.

But for like linking a photo anonymously on to this forum, that is what you are referring to, right?

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 18:02      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I am trying the Ohshot that Sosumi posted.

-

And Link

Edit: What do you think of this hat? I like it but didn't buy it. But think I might go back and get it.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 18:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That one worked.

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 18:42      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hat looks decent on you. Target doesn't have a lot of selection (and do they really keep the adult hats next to the children's socks at that one? weird).

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2009 09:47      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hats where across the isle. My friend Lena was looking at kids socks and I went to ask her opinion and she took the picture.

--------------------

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 15, 2009 10:35      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hat looks great in my opinion [Big Grin]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2009 12:36      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use tinypic.com. It's free, anon., and lets you hotlink directly to the pic.

-

link

[Smile] Have a nice day.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture