homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Minor/Major setback

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Minor/Major setback
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2009 01:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ TheMoMan Here __ March 14, 2009

Hi all

Well I am back at home, it is not fun celebrating your Birthday in a Hospital, I had to go back into there because my small bowel decided to go on strike, So now I have been in a labor dispute with myself. Some fun huh. Well Monday or Tuesday I am supposed to go back to The Surgeon and have the catheter removed. Then report back in six weeks.

I wish some one had told my body the schedule, and to not go off and do things on its own.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2009 11:19      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo_Man.

Sorry to hear that. [Frown] Take care of yourself.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2009 13:28      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh bleah. Take care.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2009 18:27      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo_Man

Between the two of us, maybe there is one whole used-to-be-one-of-us!

Best wishes on doing a better job of getting better.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2009 01:19      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ I posted this in the local ham news for my area Monday night.

Hi Local Friends

I have revealed that I have CANCER. Last night on the ATV. net
147.26 I revealed that the reason for my absence was surgery for and to
treat CANCER.

So gentlemen get your PSA's if your practitioner asks you to get
an ultrasound and biopsy do so. three years ago my PSA started to rise.
The ultrasound and Biopsy came back clean, I thought I was out of the
woods, last fall I had a bloody wet dream. New PSA new biopsy this time
they found one core that was positive for Prostate CANCER. The first
course of treatment was to lose weight they really don't want you to
have a BMI of twenty seven or higher, and prefer <twenty-five<. So on Friday
Feb. 27 I underwent Surgery to remove the prostate and the CANCER. The
surgeon states that in all probability they got it all, I will need
follow up screenings for the rest of my live, BUT I AM STILL ALIVE.

THIRTY percent of Clear biopsy reports only missed the CANCER and
you may not be.

So today I have more reason to be happy, From midnight till four AM I held my urine and did not soil a diaper, I have been told that control will come back slowly but for me four hours, GREAT.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 03:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Well Monday or Tuesday I am supposed to go back to The Surgeon and have the catheter removed.

When the catheter comes out, you may want to pee sitting down for the first couple of weeks, until you regain 'directional control'.
</the-voice-of-experience>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2009 12:36      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ The Famous Druid __ Aim is not the only problem. Because every thing down there got messed with, bowel sensations are false, No warning and, I gotta go. The twins, seem to think that it is not safe to lower out of the abdomen and are pulled up tight, I think the are SCARED.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 15:22      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure how I missed this. I hope things are back on track again!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 17:07      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________ Aditu __ No problem with you missing that topic.

Things I have found out. One hour of vertical torso is my limit, I must bend over or lie down. If I push the hour out to one and one half then I am uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

I feel like the kids in the adverts "I'm a big boy now" as he pulls up his pull ups. I also know why it takes so long for kids to learn to walk, its the [email protected]*n diapers.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 17:14      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo-Man

I was gone for a while and missed this also. I am sorry to hear of your illness. I am glad you are still ticking! [Smile]

I hope your recuperation goes swiftly.

I guess though you will be able to answer a question that has been burning in my head for a while now:

Which is REALLY more absorbent? Huggies or Pampers? [Big Grin]

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2009 01:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ YaYawoman __ You got me on that one. I have been using the Tena waist 34-40 size pullups and then the Incontinence Pads inside of that. A sneeze or cough sometimes causes a major leak. I am at times supprised by how much weight the pads have gained.

Moving about during the day causes more leakage than getting up during the night, that I can hold.

Well I am up and about for the day so I guess I had better start the coffee for the Mrs.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2009 11:47      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] feel better!

if you ever feel like being a little more "green" then check out these: http://www.gladrags.com/category/nightpads

Or maybe you could give a try at making your own! [Smile]

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2009 01:06      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Well I am up and about for the day so I guess I had better start the coffee for the Mrs.

Sure coffee is a wise idea with the current leakage issues?! (joke - I know that in small amounts coffee isn't actually a potent diuretic...)

Seriously, good job at getting yourself well. Keep it up, Ca is always a horrible thing, but you're facing up to it in an inspiring way.

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture