homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Severe Ember Attack (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Severe Ember Attack
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted February 10, 2009 20:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big Picture features some photos from the fires... [Frown]

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/bushfires_in_victoria_australi.html

Posts: 7826 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2009 21:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

Pictures 3,17,22,26,30 and 36 were taken within a few km of mums home, and she thought I was over-reacting when I urged her to get the flock out of there. [Eek!]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10460 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2009 04:43      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

O.M.G.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6523 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2009 15:03      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Australian Red Cross's Victoria Bush Fire Appeal 2009

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2009 17:05      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
The Australian Red Cross's Victoria Bush Fire Appeal 2009

When I got home last night, the druidlings said they wanted to do their bit to help the bushfire victims. Druidling V1.0 donated her entire savings (about 6 months pocket money) to the RSPCA to help burned animals, while Druidling V2.0 gave a similar amount to the Red Cross.

I'm so proud of my girls. [Happytears]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2009 15:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job there with the druidlings.

Had you raised em as lil' right wingers they'd be out prying eucalyptus leaves from the scorched paws of quivering koalas.

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2009 14:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a lighter note, and in honour of Valentines Day, Scientfic Evidence that True Love is unstoppable...

-

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2009 02:18      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
On a lighter note, and in honour of Valentines Day, Scientfic Evidence that True Love is unstoppable...

-

If they had been incinerated for refusing to postpone their wedding, they would have qualified as joint-recipients for a Darwin Award.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2009 13:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took mum home yesterday. Her house, and the town, are quite intact, although we had to drive through some scary, fire-blackened landscape to get there, and there was an eerie red sunset-at-noon thing going from all the smoke that still hangs over the state.

--------------------

Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2009 14:15      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

-

Reminds me about a time a number of years ago. I visited a woman who was then my sweetheart.

We had a wonderful week together. Went to watch the Lions play the 49ers. Her family had season tickets at the 50-yard line (a reason for true love right there). As we watche the game, giant pieces of ash came raining out of the sky.

Oakland had caught fire. We spent the evening holding hands, cuddling and watching Oakland burn down from the opposite side of the bay.

Soon the fire died down, and the embers went out.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2009 23:11      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canucks send in reinforcements!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/02/14/bc-firefighters-australia-wildfire.html

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1127 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.