homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Moving is done!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving is done!!
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2008 15:31      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I moved at the end of july, and now it is done. All has been removed from the old apartment and is half unpacked at the new.

Unfortunately no cable/computer yet. Next week hopefully.

Oh and a new vow came from this move. When I wind up moving again, the sleeper couch stays, or salvation army get it, i am no longer moving that heavy old piece.

And i did it smokefree too. yay!

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 05, 2008 17:11      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Although I hate the "preparation to moving" part, I love the "starting anew" feeling of getting in a new place. Here are my best wishes to a wonderful new life, and for a quick re-connection to the 'net!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaidPhreak
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 13:42            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You quit smoking? WTF. When?
IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 13:52      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Yaya.

So how is the nicotine lifestyle working?

And did you get to classes yet?

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 15:35      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind wishes stereo.

I have been smoke-free now for 42 days paidphreak.

Hi shroom. It has been strange being smokeless. now i dont think about nicotine all the time, but i did for the first week. it does sneak up on me at least once a day. some little slimy voice says a variation of "c'mon, you have done well. celebrate and have just one. you know you want to" etc

Classes start for me on the 25th, and for my son the
27th. yay!

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 12, 2008 17:51      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classes start on the 18th here. w00t!!!!!!!1111111!!!11111

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaidPhreak
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 07:28            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yaya:
42 days, eh?
Great!
Hmmm... whats the longest you have ever gone before that? I know you had to quit for a while in basic...
(in case you hadn't figured it out, it's me, SW)

Damn. Now I gotta quit. My excuse for smoking no longer exists... ;-P

My kids start the 27th as well. Been crazy running around trying to get all the stuff needed to register them.

IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 10:09      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whooo Hoooo!! A move and clean lungs... AND school... what more can you want...

...well, maybe a few things more...

BUT WHO CARES!!!! Enjoy!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

MzSunn
Mini Geek
Member # 5144

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 21:13      Profile for MzSunn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just moved from Pittsburgh PA to Atlanta GA in July. The boxes are endless!!!!!! My children love their new schools, this is week one. The job interviewing is going well. I'm back online...yippie

--------------------
Lovely Lovely Mushy Center

Posts: 54 | From: Atlanta GA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture