homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Yay school!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yay school!
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2008 15:38      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm telling everyone I've ever known. I just got back my first midterm for my macroeconomics class and I got 100%! [Big Grin] I am so excited! This is my first 100 this year. Usually I'm not sure about one or I make a silly mistake, but this time I got them all.

School is well on it's way. This is the seventh week of the spring quarter so I have finals in four weeks, then a week off and then the summer quarter starts. If all goes well I should graduate in two years. Then the big question, can I get a good enough job with a BS in Business Administration or do I go for my MBA? [crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2008 15:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted May 12, 2008 16:39      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Peebs!

TFD: What's the strange ovoid thingy in bottom right?

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2008 17:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, if you get the right job with your BS you can get your employer to pay for your MBA.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 12, 2008 18:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mag Valour Peebs!!!!!!!!!!! [Applause]

(love the cup Druid!)

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2008 23:01      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:

TFD: What's the strange ovoid thingy in bottom right?

I believe that is the copyright mark.

Xanthine: Good idea. I know there are employer fairs on campus every few months, I'll have to ask around. I've got at least one person trying to get me to sign up with the IRS after I get my degree. I bet they have a program to help with higher education.

Wednesday I have my second Accounting midterm. Now that I've got debits and credits figured out I get to figure out depreciation and how it's listed on the balance sheets and income statements and how you determine the cost of goods sold and all kinds of fun stuff like that. [Geek] And here I thought accounting was going to be about math. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2008 03:51      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!! I just received my grades after waiting patiently for almost two weeks. I love how they make us wait like that [Eek!] I am on the honor roll for the 4th semester in a row. It feels damn good [Smile] Keep up the good work!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2008 17:08      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats PB, we are all proud of you!!!

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2008 17:51      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have always scored 100% in my books. Well done macroeconomics (whatever you might be) for agreeing with my objective assessment. [Wink]

Congratulations sweet Peebs!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2008 16:55      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Belated Whoo Hooooo to both of you on a great semester!!!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2008 02:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More belated congratulations from me, too.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture