homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Got my first tattoo today :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got my first tattoo today :)
geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2008 19:51      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally stopped being a sissy and got this tattooed on my left hip today. I can't say that it was comfortable, but I am really really happy with the way it turned out!

-

--------------------
Geek chic!

Posts: 79 | From: The Abyss | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2008 05:50      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks good. So you're a BSD user, then?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2008 07:13      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how big is it. 2 cm, 20 cm?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2008 09:12      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this will give you a better idea of how big it is and the placement. Please excuse how lily-white I am. It is pretty much physically impossible for me get a tan. lol. [Big Grin]

-

It's roughly 4 centimeters from wing to wing and then from head to tail. I was going for something was a little more on the subtle side. I specifically told the guy that I've seen dragonflies that more resemble bats and that I wanted mine to be small-ish and feminine.

--------------------
Geek chic!

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 20, 2008 09:17      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the second picture is dfinalty better. [Wink]

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2008 09:50      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh good. I was trying to get a decent pic of it without having to strip down to my skivvies. lol. It wouldn't be good for any parties involved. [Razz]

--------------------
Geek chic!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2008 20:20      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I was just thinking that you had really cute undies. That style (with the two straps on the side) would so not be flattering on me. [ohwell]

ETA: Isn't the tattoo positioned more on the front of your thigh than on your hip? Maybe it's just the angle of the shot and the lateness of the hour.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 00:00      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ETA: Isn't the tattoo positioned more on the front of your thigh than on your hip? Maybe it's just the angle of the shot and the lateness of the hour.

You're right, in this pic it looks more like it's on my thigh. lol. I think its due to the fact that the straps were pulled up quite a bit to show the tattoo for the picture. Otherwise, they would be situated right over the tattoo itself. It is actually located directly on the hip bone(which is partially why it was so painful at the time and is so sore today!)
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 04:09      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'ts cute!!! I hope you still like it when your older. I am not liking mine so much now, but, I was extremely intoxicated when I got mine, and woke up wondering WTF??? [Eek!]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 05:04      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
I'ts cute!!! I hope you still like it when your older. I am not liking mine so much now, but, I was extremely intoxicated when I got mine, and woke up wondering WTF??? [Eek!]

There are much worse things to find clinging to your flesh when you wake up hungover.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 05:16      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, been there too!! That being said...don't drink much anymore!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 10:15      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
veri nice!

</borat>

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 12:10      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

LOL. I was sober when I got mine, and had actually thought about it for a LONG time (a few years, really) before getting it done. With it being where it is, no one will see it unless I really want them to. I also picked a location that won't stretch if I ever want to have kids (somewhere in the far-off future).

If ever I decide I don't want it anymore, I'll just have to get it removed. I've actually heard really really good things about that Wrecking Balm stuff.

As for right now, though, I love it.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2008 14:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was extremely intoxicated when I got mine, and woke up wondering WTF??? [Eek!]

My mum says the same thing about my brother [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2008 00:16      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
I was extremely intoxicated when I got mine, and woke up wondering WTF??? [Eek!]

My mum says the same thing about my brother [Wink]
Let me guess, you have no siblings and your imaginary brother is a psycological defense your brain came up with for when your mother starts talking like that. [Wink]

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 22, 2008 15:50      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got one too a couple of months ago. (damn it has been a while since I posted here... and longer since I had a good internet connection.) A couple of Japanese guys were over here visiting Body Armor in Kalamazoo and my girlfriend was getting one and after I was done she told me that the Japanese use smaller needles and faster guns. Ouch! If I ever get things straightened out I will get a picture of it put up here.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2008 18:07      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks good geekgoddess!!

Maybe someday I will join you in the tattoo club. Can't decide at the moment what i want though.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2008 18:11      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly what I'd get, if I ever got a tattoo. I'd get the Michigan state road map tattooed on the palm of my right hand... lower peninsula only.

The Michiganders are laughing, everyone else is confused.... [Razz]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2008 23:54      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be great, do it!

After watching too much Miami Ink & LA Ink my wife & I have been talking about getting tatts. I'm thinking about getting Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas or the original CuSeeMe logo  - (my wife & I met on CU)

quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
I know exactly what I'd get, if I ever got a tattoo. I'd get the Michigan state road map tattooed on the palm of my right hand... lower peninsula only.

The Michiganders are laughing, everyone else is confused.... [Razz]

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2008 13:34      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:

For your second tattoo you could get the map of Florida......you know where.
[evil]

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2008 21:51      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a tattoo for every man I've killed.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2008 07:40      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
I have a tattoo for every man I've killed.

There aren't enough pores on my skin. [Frown]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture