homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Myself and my bride of Nineteen years celibrated tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Myself and my bride of Nineteen years celibrated tonight
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2008 17:55      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ Tonight we went out for dinner so we didn't have to cook or clean up from cooking. The weather was fair to good really a pretty winter day. The grilled Salmon was excellent and the Wifes Basket of Srimp was discribed as excellent, we both over ate, I know that is bad at our age but we did it anyway. So next year is twenty years with this fine woman that puts up with me.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2008 18:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations. [Applause]

It's hard to believe that Mrs Druid and I celebrated our 24th anniversary last week. How anyone could stand 24 years living with me is one of life's great mysteries.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2008 03:57      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations MoMan [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

(and TFD, too [Smile] )

Me and Mrs Grummash will hit our tenth wedding anniversary later this year, so we are still kinda getting used to each other! [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 23, 2008 09:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! [Applause]

19 years is a long time, although as I get older, it seems to be a shorter and short period of time! [crazy]

Congrats to the Druids too!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2008 09:35      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cngrats

the wife and I went out to dinner last night as well (in a castle with a moat), We met five years ago on the 22nd.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2008 20:11      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats. My wife and I will celebrate our 25th this summer.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2008 13:53      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! And many more happy years to you all!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2008 15:03      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
So next year is twenty years with this fine woman that puts up with me.

This part always confuses me.

A fine woman puts up with you? Or she is a fine woman because she puts up with you?

Either way, congratulations to both of you.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted February 25, 2008 16:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________________ Both

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2008 16:44      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations everyone on their many years of marriage.

Makes me feel even younger [Applause]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2008 18:59      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - I got me one of them there fine women. She just is fine, and she is even better since she puts up with me and my idiosyncrasies.

By coincidence we went out to eat Saturday night for a fine dinner without kids (they were off on a church ski trip). First time for just the two of us going out in a long time. 15.5 years and I keep thinking I'm so lucky!

Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture