homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Evil Co-Workers Never Really Go Away

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Evil Co-Workers Never Really Go Away
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 01, 2007 03:36      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So about a month ago Evil Co-worker slapped me. No reason. I was shocked. Shocked and disgusted. I would have loved to slap Evil Co-worker right back, but didn't. Mainted my cool...well to some degree.

I went to HR after family and friends told me several times that I should. Evil Co-worker got fired and then sent me a mass attack of cruel texts/emails. I have so far ignored them and they soon stoped after about the third one.

Anyways turns out Evil Co-worker is still talking to current lovely perfectly friendly co-workers and now starting to lie about what happend between us.

She is now telling me that she didn't slap me, but that I slapped her! She is offically the most evil person have ever lived...well at least of people that I've known personally.

I was smart enough to save all the emails she sent as proof and in one she admits SHE slapped me.

Now after my venting...what is a chickie to do about this? Ignore it like I have been, take legal action perhaps? Or mass most the emails on myspace? [cry baby]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 03:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are your perfectly friendly coworkers so stupid to believe tht if you had slapped her, she would have been fired and not you?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 03:51      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Are your perfectly friendly coworkers so stupid to believe tht if you had slapped her, she would have been fired and not you?

No, they all know she's lying...I think. I tend to have a better reputation then she did...at least I hope I do. But it is the fact that she's even still talking about it and now lying about it that is bottering me.

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 05:20      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like you're getting overly stressed about this. Nasty people feed on that. "a mass of emails" ... "stopped after the third". That's not really a "mass", it's 3.

The thing to do is not react. When you're not fun to harass, evil people go away and find someone else. You should set up a mail filter so stuff from her gets sent to a folder without you seeing it. You could discuss this with HR first and ask them if they think it is appropriate for you to forward mail from her to them. But DON'T discuss her with your co-workers. She probably still has contacts on the inside.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 06:36      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because EC (Evil Coworker) is still talking to people you work with doesn't mean they believe her. It doesn't even prove they want to talk to her. Obviously someone is telling you what EC is saying....if they believed her, that wouldn't be happening. A likely reason EC is still talking to her ex-coworkers is that they are the only friends or contacts she has.....someone who resorts to physical means to resolve conflict probably doesn't make or keep friends easily.
Speaking from experience, the coworkers she is talking to are probably completely aware that she is a nutcase. People like that don't just treat one person badly, they tend to share their lies and attacks equally. Don't worry about her, because you can't control her. You can control you. Don't comment on her actions. Continue being the person you are. Also, learn to bob and weave, so you can avoid the slap [Smile]

Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 07:51      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My advice is basically do what everyone else here is saying. Just ignore her, be the better person, and if someone asks about it to just tell the truth.

*me is reminded about "cut throat bitch" on house

Don't let her get to you and she will either eventually just stop or your co-workers will just stop talking to her.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture