homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What does it all mean?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does it all mean?!
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 20, 2007 06:42      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone tries to kill me every night in my sleep.

Anyone have any strange/interesting/scary/none-of-the-above-but-still-noteworthy dreams lately?

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 06:48      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
42 duh

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 08:26      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the LOLcats - they is in ur brainz, sending you dreemz.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 20, 2007 09:49      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same recurring dream very frequently; I have to clean out my locker on the last day of school, and get ready for the grad party. I never have a car to carry away all my junk. It's agony. I'm supposing it means my house is a cluttered mess and it's getting to me. [Frown]
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 09:49      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a student of Psychology, I will take this opportunity to delve into the completely useless world of Dream Analysis.

A dream where you are being killed, and there is subsequently a killer, is said to represent a severing of of your real-life actions from your real-life emotions. It also may represent a part of your life you wish to "kill of" during reinventing yourself or trying to drop old habits.

Murder, specifically, often represents the subconsciousness's way of dealing with the severing of a real-life relationship.

Take it for what you will, dream analysis holds no validity...but darn, if it isn't fun! [Razz]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 10:17      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
I have the same recurring dream very frequently; I have to clean out my locker on the last day of school, and get ready for the grad party. I never have a car to carry away all my junk. It's agony. I'm supposing it means my house is a cluttered mess and it's getting to me. [Frown]

Seeing junk in a dream represents old habits and old ways of thinking. Lockers represent hidden feelings and emotions, and "locking" away parts of you that you don't want the world to see. I'll let you do the mental math...but that actually could be a pretty deep dream!

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 10:48      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Christy:
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:

Seeing junk in a dream represents old habits and old ways of thinking. Lockers represent hidden feelings and emotions, and "locking" away parts of you that you don't want the world to see. I'll let you do the mental math...but that actually could be a pretty deep dream!
oo oo /me rasies his hand

do me next

I have a reaccuring dream of becoming a super hero by night / nobel winning chemist by day / president of the world. And in my spare time I lead a mission to colonize mars, and keep the evil red commies out of space.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 11:07      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have recurring dreams of...

Nevermind. I'm pretty sure I know the source of -those- dreams.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 11:58      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. My dreams are very tame in comparison.

I had a dream last night I was walking around the kitchen, doing dishes and such, while talking to my girlfriend as she was doing schoolwork.

Perhaps because of my extremely chaotic life, I tend to dream about having a mundane one. Or maybe I just wish that my kitchen was a bit cleaner.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 12:28      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In contemporary dream analysis, dreaming about doing housework symbolizes making real-life changes in the way that you're living. However, in Freudian dream analysis, housework in a dream was symbolic of sexual intercourse...so...I'll let you choose which school of thought you prefer [Wink]

--------------------

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 13:34      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a mother obsessed coke-head, Freud can't be all bad.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 13:59      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly, a school of thought developed by a sex-obsessed dirty old man on cocaine is still valid...

--------------------

erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 14:03      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you jumped in with the dream-analysis, Lady. [Smile] It's fun to see what's going on inside the brains of all these real live geeks.

My dreams will also often contain a sequence where I'm still in high school and failing a certain class (Mrs. Browitt's history class to be exact) and I dread that class and never go, which doesn't make the failing any better, and I'm not going to graduate if I don't pass this course and I am overwhelmed by the idea of catching up with all of the work that I have missed so I still don't go to class because I don't want to face her after so much skipping, and I have a real-life issue with facing my problems anyway.

Man. That is one hell of a run-on sentence.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture