homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Today, My computer exploded...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Today, My computer exploded...
Azalie
Geek Larva
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 15:36      Profile for Azalie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not literally.. but still

XD

I was on my computer this morning.. finishing up crap from last night.. spent 6 hours trying to find a screen capture program that worked.. then a converter thing.. and ugh it sucked.. and after thosde 6 hours i started and finished the WHOLE PROJECT in 2 MINUTES using windows movie maker. -_- i hate my life XD

So anyway.. my computer makes this REALLY weird noise.. like the harddrive or something.. some.. watery type thing that got LOUDER and then went soft..

and im like crap O_O..

so i turn it off.. and i get on my laptop to mess with that.. and it WONT even turn on.. so its like exploded..

So i get back on main compy.. and backup everything..

its working... ~OK~ for the time being.. but.. meh..

So anyway i get on Myspace and this guy sent me a message...

http://www.myspace.com/kennethistheshizzle

saying he wanted to add me.. and well.. I tryied messaging him and i had to be his friend to message him.. Then i tried adding him and i needed his last name XD!!

He said he came from geekculture.. so if you know him.. XD tell him to add me? kthx

So i hope my new laptop gets here soon.. I will be a sad panda without a computer that works [Frown]

--------------------
~Azalie

Posts: 21 | From: MI | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 16:18      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your real name Ellen Feiss? [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Azalie
Geek Larva
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 18:30      Profile for Azalie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No?? o_O

i dont get it.. i guess.

--------------------
~Azalie

Posts: 21 | From: MI | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 18:47      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What a bummer..."

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1151 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 00:00      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
Is your real name Ellen Feiss? [Wink]

/me ... snorts beer out my nose
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 4 posted September 20, 2007 07:53      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot that one (Feiss) [Big Grin] LMAO

First off "Myspace"..... we need to talk.

Anyways the detionation of your computer, pull the cover check the fans, make sure they all spin when its turned on.

If not replace them. it may solve your problem

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 18:37      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Beeeb beep beep beep beep...and like...it ate my whole paper"

"It was a really good paper"

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted September 21, 2007 18:34      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a similar problem last year with my (now defunct) K6-2 tower.

I was browsing the Sun homepage looking for OOo and BOOM! My PSU exploded. It was really scary.
Fortunately my hard drive was safe so no data was lost.

I bought a new one an travelled to Bogota the month after to a Math Olympiad when my mom told me the new PSU died. It was hell getting to the computer store to make the warranty effective, because I lost the ticket and I forgot the exat day I bought it. Anyway, after much plea I got a new one, and 5 months later the MoBo gets fsked up.

Anyway, I was lucky I got a HP dx2200 as a prize in the National Spelling Contest at the same time, but not lucky enough to have a defective hard drive. It was another warranty hell, they replaced it, and then re-replaced it with the MoBo, now I'm missing her... Far from her...

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture