homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » The Verdict is IN! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: The Verdict is IN!
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2007 15:24      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA: Okay if you look it was you who started bitching at me. I had no beef with you - I was just challenging Steen's post. And I’m pretty sure Steen can defend his own posts. I only argue with people and insult them when they start complaining about other things (like spelling) then the topic at hand.

I never said that just because I'm in high school and English is my second language that my posts are crap and that I don't put effort into them. I just pointed out that since I'm in high school and English is my second language I have a tendency to make a couple more mistakes then someone like you.

As for the comment about me not treating my posts like essays. I didn't mean that I don't structure my posts properly or don't use proper sentences. I just meant I don't spend hours getting wording right, waiting a day before proof reading it again, printing it out and spell checking it, etc, etc.

Lastly besides one or two small white lies where have I stretched the truth? Like I did baby-sit 17 kids, I do use word whenever I can, etc, etc.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2007 16:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I have to admit, business attire does have a mighty fine rebuttal...

That's because the debate has changed topic from the subject of the death penalty to the subject of grammar and spelling. If you are going to debate about grammar and spelling then of course you have to talk about it. It's bringing it up when it's ancillary is when my previous statement applies.
I think it probably has more to do with her fencing and running coupled with my propensity for bad puns and inappropriate humor.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2007 20:26      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
quote:

That's because the debate has changed topic from the subject of the death penalty to the subject of grammar and spelling. If you are going to debate about grammar and spelling then of course you have to talk about it. It's bringing it up when it's ancillary is when my previous statement applies.
I think it probably has more to do with her fencing and running coupled with my propensity for bad puns and inappropriate humor.
Doh!! I had to go back and read it again. When I am in my school mindset my sense of puns goes out the window. I also have a paper that is due Monday so that is what is on my mind right now.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2007 21:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Papers are teh evil.

I have one due at the end of the month. I haven't even started on the figures and I'm already going insane. When I was working on it today I was suddenly seized by an irrational desire to shove my head through my computer screen. Instead I got up and walked around. And then I came back and had some fun with the delete key.

I'm thinking of smuggling a haiku into the next draft I hand over to my boss and see how he reacts.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 06:06      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
blah blah blah defensive blah blah blah no sense of humor blah blah

You just don't get that as long as you keep arguing and trying to make me the bad guy, I'm going to play the bad guy, right? Steen happens to be a good friend of mine, outside of GC even, and I think its fun to join in a good dirty word fight. And then your reactions are just too priceless to stop.

Like I said, I (I could probably extend this to "we" and speak for others on the forum) don't give a flying fsck about how old you are or if you speak French or English or whatever. Wouldn't you rather be treated as an equal rather than a little kid who can't speak correctly and needs a lot of patience because you're just too delicate of a flower to be teased?

Also, I don't consider watching kids for a teacher in a classroom babysitting. There you're obviously in a setting where you can command respect. I'd love to see 17 kids pull the "this is OUR house and YOU'RE NOT MY MOMMY!" card in a situation like that. Because, oh, they will when you're a real babysitter.

Also: "I had no beef with you..."
Haha, what is this? The early 90s?!
Well, as if! Everything you say is chinny. I don't know how you even try to mess with a fly beeotch like me. So quit icing my grill, yo, and talk to the hand because you be trippin'. Damn skippy.

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 09:37      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't think rebuttal means what you think it means, pervert.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 09:59      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

I don't think rebuttal means what you think it means, pervert.
If expressing my admiration for BA's rebuttal makes me a pervert, then I am a happy little pervert. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 11:06      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes, but think about what horror you're putting dear little BA through with all this talk of her rebuttal and how intriguing you find it.
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 12:42      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
blah blah blah defensive blah blah blah no sense of humor blah blah

You just don't get that as long as you keep arguing and trying to make me the bad guy, I'm going to play the bad guy, right? Steen happens to be a good friend of mine, outside of GC even, and I think its fun to join in a good dirty word fight. And then your reactions are just too priceless to stop.

Like I said, I (I could probably extend this to "we" and speak for others on the forum) don't give a flying fsck about how old you are or if you speak French or English or whatever. Wouldn't you rather be treated as an equal rather than a little kid who can't speak correctly and needs a lot of patience because you're just too delicate of a flower to be teased?

Also, I don't consider watching kids for a teacher in a classroom babysitting. There you're obviously in a setting where you can command respect. I'd love to see 17 kids pull the "this is OUR house and YOU'RE NOT MY MOMMY!" card in a situation like that. Because, oh, they will when you're a real babysitter.

Also: "I had no beef with you..."
Haha, what is this? The early 90s?!
Well, as if! Everything you say is chinny. I don't know how you even try to mess with a fly beeotch like me. So quit icing my grill, yo, and talk to the hand because you be trippin'. Damn skippy.

When did I say that just because I'm a bit younger then you and English is not my first language that I should be treated any different and shouldn't be treated as an equal? I just said I tend to make a couple more spelling mistakes then you. Stop accusing me of stuff I never said.

Oh and trust me babysitting 17 kids in a classroom environment is no different then in a house. And many kids have tried to pull that card on me. I still had kids throw up, pee there pants, fight, leave the sink running with the drain clogged, cry, have tantrums, and throw punches at me.

"... icing my grill ..."

Sounds kind of dirty? Doesn’t it?

--------------------

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 12:54      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you sucked as a babysitter then. Maybe you should have been stricter and put them in time out or something. And, just maybe, that proves my initial point a little more... [Big Grin]

And to me, it sounds almost like cleaning the grill... unless you're thinking of something more the color and consistency of cake icing. [evil] I was thinking frozen water or diamonds...
*sigh* 90s slang.. [Roll Eyes]

Oh, and my apologies.. it seems it was other people saying I should cut you a break just for those reasons. I won't by the way, but you know that by now [Wink]

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 13:52      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Papers are teh evil.

I have one due at the end of the month. I haven't even started on the figures and I'm already going insane. When I was working on it today I was suddenly seized by an irrational desire to shove my head through my computer screen. Instead I got up and walked around. And then I came back and had some fun with the delete key.

I'm thinking of smuggling a haiku into the next draft I hand over to my boss and see how he reacts.

Thank God I don't have papers due like that. The paper due this week is a little over four pages. We do have a paper due at the end of the course that has to be 15-20 pages but that is assigned to the teams so it's not so bad.

My wife on the other hand had a 25 page Action Research Project for her education class that was an individual assignment. That one was a real chore because I am her typist. She would hand write pages and I would type. I was also correcting grammar and spelling as I was typing. We still don't know what she made on the paper because it was turned in Sunday. She should know by early next week.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 14:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
Yes yes, but think about what horror you're putting dear little BA through with all this talk of her rebuttal and how intriguing you find it.

That's half the fun of it [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 15:06      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sounds like you sucked as a babysitter then. Maybe you should have been stricter and put them in time out or something. And, just maybe, that proves my initial point a little more... [Big Grin]

And to me, it sounds almost like cleaning the grill... unless you're thinking of something more the color and consistency of cake icing. [evil] I was thinking frozen water or diamonds...
*sigh* 90s slang.. [Roll Eyes]

Oh, and my apologies.. it seems it was other people saying I should cut you a break just for those reasons. I won't by the way, but you know that by now [Wink]

Lol and how do you propose stopping a child from peeing his pants? I think there are millions of mothers out there who would also like to know of a way that you can all of a sudden get a child to not pee his pants with no training.

And why can't we use cake icing on your grill? [Smile]

And I don't want you or anyone else to treat me any different because of those reasons. I just don't need you to point out every little spelling mistake no matter how much it bothers you.

--------------------

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 18:25      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, peeing in the pants is forgivable. Hitting you is not acceptable.

You did not get that joke at ALL.

And I won't make fun of you for every little thing... but if you have more than say, four mistakes and make the same mistake a lot... I'm going to swoop down on you like an eagle on a trout.

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 19:01      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, peeing in the pants is forgivable. Hitting you is not acceptable.

You did not get that joke at ALL.

And I won't make fun of you for every little thing... but if you have more than say, four mistakes and make the same mistake a lot... I'm going to swoop down on you like an eagle on a trout.

Okay - thank you.

Yeah hitting me was never the child's best option. Usually I gave them a stern talking to and gave them time out for a bit.

--------------------

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 23:50      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy these forums, the people are intelligent, make interesting posts, seem like nice people who are easy going...but all throughout this whole topic you've (and you know whom I'm referring to, or at lest you can guess) been acting like bickering children.

And really it isn't my place to point this out, and maybe I shouldn't even be pointing it out, but really it's just starting to annoy me. This topic has gone off onto a pointless, long and drawn out tangent.

Now, BA go to that corner *points to the left* and everybody else who has a problem go to that corner *points to the right* and I, I get to eat all the cookies now! Mewhahaha..*cough, cough* I mean I get to set an example of a well behaved young lady. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 03:01      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, a well behaved young lady sticking her nose in where it definitely doesn't belong.

I don't need you or anybody to tell me that I'm a mean girl when I'm playing around with Steve. I need you to realize whats really going on here and realize that it's better if you just don't barge in. Your efforts were neither cute nor funny, just incredibly irritating. Especially since, I don't know if you noticed, but things were coming to a close. Topics here don't stay on topic. They often end up in looooooong drawn out tangents, which I'm sorry piss you off, but you'll have to deal with it. If you don't like it, don't read it.

In the future, please refer to sxepto's post where he edited in order to not get involved, and follow his good example.

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 04:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang, BA! Have you been taking lessons from fs on how to act all caustic when someone tries to say they've had enough? I'm with the Lemon, and her post was actually rather humorous, especially in contrast with the heap of spitefulness with which you've been flooding this thread. And if you want innocent bystanders to stay out of this, you know how you resolve this? Take it to PMs.

/me hands BA a chill pill

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 04:55      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Dang, BA! Have you been taking lessons from fs on how to act all caustic when someone tries to say they've had enough?

I find it amusing that I haven't even read this thread in like 2 days so I pop in to see what's up and right at the top of the heap is someone whining about me. LOL.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 05:44      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just tired of the know-it-all teenagers who have been insulting me, not even in just this thread, and she happens to be number 2 on my hit list of insulting know-it-all teenagers.

She was in the wrong thread at the wrong time. Especially the wrong time, since she chose to do all her whining AFTER we had stopped arguing.

btw... I think fs should be taking lessons from me... just sayin' [Big Grin]

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 06:09      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Respect your elders, dahling. I was alienating people while you were still in diapers. [Wink]

Afterthought:
Actually, I'm sweet-as-strawberry-pie. I have no idea why people think I'm 'caustic' or 'hostile'. And where is the damn smiley with a halo when you need it? We have a devil.

I do wish Demosthenes would resume posting, though.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 06:30      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*fills the play pool with jell-o*

If the ladies are going to fight anyway...

fs:
Seems inappropriate to add the link to this graphic after that, but none the less:
 -

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 06:42      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:

Respect your elders, dahling. I was alienating people while you were still in diapers. [Wink]
Oh, really? I had no idea you were so... old.
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 07:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:

Oh, really? I had no idea you were so... old.
Chronologically advanced, dearie. Now be a good girl and run fetch me a cup of tea or whatever it is you kids do these days.

--------------------

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 08:51      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm just tired of the know-it-all teenagers who have been insulting me, not even in just this thread, and she happens to be number 2 on my hit list of insulting know-it-all teenagers.

She was in the wrong thread at the wrong time. Especially the wrong time, since she chose to do all her whining AFTER we had stopped arguing.

Insulting you? HA! I didn't say anything mean to you or anyone...at all. As for whining? I didn't think I was, and I'm sorry if it came across like that, considering that wasn't my goal at all.

I'm sure this will move me to spot number one on your annoying teenagers list (by the way you look pretty young yourself to be dishing it out, but whatever.) but it just seems like, not always, but most of the time, your posts are both rude and unkind. You should really check into that because you go on tirades, which is what you did here, that turn from the topic to insulting as many people as you can because you can't (it appears) deal with people who disagree with you, and so instead of formulating a reasonable augment in response, you go out start insulting their spelling, wording choices, whatever you can.

Now this post of mine is long enough, and right now I'm just irritated enough to post it.

Everyone else, I'm sorry if I'm crossing lines here that I shouldn't have. But I am an annoying teenager; I don't know what's right and wrong. [evil]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture