homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Hold Please (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hold Please
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 18:34      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life it seems, sometimes puts us on hold. We have places to go and people to see, programs to write, and books to finish, and yet life, can all at once, bring everything to a hault with just a small thing.

I was supposed to move today. Instead I won't be moving till Saturday...Monday at the latest.

Ger.

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
mistersaxon
Mini Geek
Member # 6816

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted June 22, 2007 01:41      Profile for mistersaxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This moving thing is over-rated. I try not to move at all if I can help it.

Ever.

Still, at least you have a date and time for resumption of your life - I thought you were going to announce that you'd been hospitalised or something awful like that.

Then again I daresay you would know what to do if life hands you lemons. . .

--------------------
Rich.

Posts: 64 | From: Thame, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 02:38      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chin up! It could be worse. You cold be living in Quebec and you have to move!

Moving Day

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 04:34      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mistersaxon:
I thought you were going to announce that you'd been hospitalised or something awful like that.

Oh no...I'd be so much more dramatic then that if I was in a hospital. I'd most likely make it sound like I was ill with something rare and awful. [crazy]

But in reality I am a teenager, so I react to everything disproportionately compared to the event.

Why I cried twice yesterday, though I really shouldn't admit such a silly thing. [blush]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted June 22, 2007 05:54      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, Lemon, people will let you off with a lot of things because you are a teenager. Cry as much - and as often - as you want, people won't judge you for it beyond "Oh! she's just a teenager overreacting". When you're an adult, it's going to be "What's wrong with her? Can't she get a hold of herself?" So just enjoy being a teen for now - it goes away too quickly.

(And I can't help but remember of my college days when I had to move twice a year - moving into the dorm, then going back home. I'm so happy to have a place to call my own now!)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:19      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh god! dorm moving was the worst!!! lets carry a futon up nine flights of stairs!!! I swear I was trying to figure out some kind of pulley system to get it in the window by the time we got to the 4th floor.

Even worse is moving out of the dorms into an apartment in college... I moved out of the dorm, into an apartment I subletted for 3 weeks, now I'm in another sublet until august, then I have a year lease starting august 15th... ugh!

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:24      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as long as you don't get furniture wedged in an impossible to move position (a la Dirk Gently).

[Smile]

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LemonSmuggler wrote:
Why I cried twice yesterday, though I really shouldn't admit such a silly thing. [blush]

Why shouldn't you? At least half the people I know can't bring themselves express their emotions honestly and are messed up because of it. Crying is okay and you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:30      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all humans, not Vulcans. [Smile]
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:44      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
LemonSmuggler wrote:

Why shouldn't you? At least half the people I know can't bring themselves express their emotions honestly and are messed up because of it. Crying is okay and you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

BWAHAHAHA Steen, Ph.D. to the rescue.

If he asks you to tell him about your mother.. RUN, RUN FAR AND FAST!!

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 13:44      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:
LemonSmuggler wrote:

BWAHAHAHA Steen, Ph.D. to the rescue.

Haha, I've got my shoes by the door...just in case. [Razz]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 15:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
busienss attire wrote:

Mother? [Confused] I will admit that I have some odd ... interests, but I don't recall ever hitting on your mom.

But now I do feel the need to ask... is she hot? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 17:33      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
busienss attire wrote:

Mother? [Confused] I will admit that I have some odd ... interests, but I don't recall ever hitting on your mom.

Step away from the Mom and nobody gets hurt... [devil wand]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 19:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe... not to worry. I know who it is that I want, even if life has made it impossible for me to do anything about it at this time. It's not your or anyone else's mother. [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 21:05      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no, please say it isn't spungo...

Baaa.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 21:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He does look mighty purty in them galoshes...

(but no, it's a woman)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 06:21      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
busienss attire wrote:

you don't remember last christmas when I posted a picture of me and my mom?
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 08:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do remember but saying that wouldn't have made for a very good joke, would it? [Razz]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 10:21      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen and Boo sittin' a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G! [Eek!]

Or is it a different woman?...

Like the invisible woman perhaps? [Razz]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 10:23      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, its FAITH. OOOOOOOOOOOH.
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 10:27      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in Eliza Dushku?

Steen, you dog! [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 10:49      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly, it's neither Faith nor boo (not Eliza Dushku either, but that's no surprise).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 10:56      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then I am WAY too much out of the loop.

what happened with Faith?

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 11:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're still friends, but just friends and nothing more.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 11:40      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so who's the new one?

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture