homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Lemon's Sick Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lemon's Sick Day
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 14:22      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemon is a few russian tea cakes short of cookie sheet today. And yesterday. And she's talking about herself in third person. She feels icky, her parents are out of town till Friday and she misses them.

She thinks she'll go mope. [Frown]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 14:35      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, sorry you're under the weather.  - But it's cute that you miss your parents. [thumbsup]

I shall be your doctor. Here is your prescription: Rest, eat sweets and drink plenty of lemonade. When possible, look at hot guys with very little clothing. Rest some more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

[thumbsup] You'll be good as new in no time. [Big Grin]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 14:44      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
Awww, sorry you're under the weather.  - But it's cute that you miss your parents. [thumbsup]

I shall be your doctor. Here is your prescription: Rest, eat sweets and drink plenty of lemonade. When possible, look at hot guys with very little clothing. Rest some more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yay Dr. Boo!!!! haha. Will do Doc. I'll make sure to fallow your prescription to the tee. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:14      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonSmuggler:

Yup, that's what I do. When in doubt, mope. Skulking is good, too. Have you tried lolloping?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:25      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Yay Dr. Boo!!!! haha. Will do Doc. I'll make sure to fallow your prescription to the tee. [Wink] [Big Grin]
See to it that you do, young lady. There will be a quiz, later.
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

Yup, that's what I do. When in doubt, mope. Skulking is good, too. Have you tried lolloping?
Excuse me, may I see your medical degree? What's this .. you don't have one? Just as I suspected; imposter!!

Lolloping, indeed, you quack. [Roll Eyes] (Although I would allow for a bit of skulking.)

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... drink plenty of lemonade...

Wouldn't this be a form of cannabalism?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:39      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you questioning my medical expertise? [Mad]
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:44      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the phoosh its...

--------------------

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:45      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How dare you question Dr Spungo's credentials... quack indeed! And where indeed are yours?

I prescribe a dose of How to be Idle

Dr Seranakster IANAD IANAL and WTF GAL... So there...

and as a side holistic issue I would prescribe plenty of Garlic Head Sauce for its enhanced Chakra balancing Chi refreshing macro biotic gobbledigook annuling properties...

Alternatively take 2 paracetemol, 2 ibruprofen and some honey and lemon and call real doctor if you don't feel better in about 36-48 hours...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:

Dr Seranakster IANAD IANAL and WTF GAL... So there...

and as a side holistic issue I would prescribe plenty of Garlic Head Sauce for its enhanced Chakra balancing Chi refreshing macro biotic gobbledigook annuling properties...

Yeeeeeeeesssssss!

--------------------

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:23      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is like Gray's Anatonomy without the whiny doctors, the drama, and with more fun, and you know and the fact it's on an online messageboard... [crazy]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 19:13      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

Dr. spungo - Could you make some recommendations for literature that might give the finer points on skulking? I'm finding myself a tad rusty in that department of late.

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 04:33      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you will find the aforementioned "How to be Idle" has fair bit on Lolling, Skulking, Skiving, Lounging etc...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 08:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hush, man! You're not Dr. spungo!

Or ARE you?? [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 09:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're all a bit confused. When spungo said he got his sheep skin, he wasn't talking about a college degree...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 20:02      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
How dare you question Dr Spungo's credentials... quack indeed! And where indeed are yours?

Right here!  -

Are you following my protocal, Lemon? [Smile] If so, you should be better by tomorrow. [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 18:36      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. LemonSmugler hasn't checked in for a while. [ohwell] I don't like this. [shake head]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 18:48      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She updated her blog yesterday and seems to be doing okay. We're just not entertaining enough *shrug*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2007 23:55      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll try a little dance...

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap...

Entertaining enough? No? Dang...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 22:01      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Steen .. GC isn't exactly a hotbed of excitement. [Big Grin] Ewo's dance did liven the mood a bit though. [Smile] Thanks, Ewo.
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 22:36      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, watching you and steen argue over intelligent (sic) design or other some such is very entertaining.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 02:11      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys! No you guys are wonderful, I know the past week I've been MIA but I've just been spending time with my parents and starting to pack the house up. I move in two weeks all the way to Arizona! [Eek!] And there is just so much to do! I have a few astronomy assignments that I must finish to complete my class if I'm to pass and finish before I move. (I go to an online school) I've been home-schooled and right now I go to an online-school and this fall...I'm going to a real school. So right now there is just a lot of things in my life I'm trying to put in a streight line to get done. [shake head]

And boo I am feeling much better thanks to your amazing advice! [Wink]

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 04:52      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is quite a lot to have to take on at once. I hope the move goes well and you find the new school to your liking. Good luck with it all.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 05:00      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it, LemonSmugler. [thumbsup] And good luck with your move. That's exciting! I hope you love your new school and new life. [Smile]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture