homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » a good friend died yesterday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a good friend died yesterday
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 16, 2007 05:50      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been knowing her since I was seven. She was a secretary at the school I went to. She had a lot of life left in her too. It was a dumb car accident. I just saw her two weeks ago. [Frown]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 9 posted March 16, 2007 06:10      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear that...
These are the kind of people you have a deep bond for the rest for your life...
Very hard to get over.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 07:08      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sorry to hear that such a life-long friend has been taken away from you. I know it's never easy to deal with the loss of someone close to you, but we're all here for you.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 16, 2007 07:13      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your loss. Life is full of surprises and, unfortunately, not all of them are good ones. When the bad ones hit, they're hard to cope with. St-Patrick's day is around the corner, maybe you can use that as an excuse to offer a round of beer in her memory.

What am I saying? Here, I'll offer a round of virtual beer to your friend taken too soon. May her soul rest in peace, and may yours get a little lift.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 16, 2007 07:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] Really sorry to hear that Crawgator. I hope you keep the good memories of her with you forever.

It's official, this Universe isn't fair.

Posts: 8181 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 16, 2007 08:28      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry Crawgator, that's horrible. [shake head]
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 11:09      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll add my condolences as well.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 11:12      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear that

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 11:13      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 11:23      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the good die young... or so they say.

Truth is the universe is a cold hard place - we all dice with death every day whether we like to think about it or not - but it still stinks for us when the day turns up "snake eyes"

I am not making light of it... I am very sorry to hear a friend of yours has been taken before their time... I know it sucks rocks big time - I have lost too many myself (one is too many, but life isn't like that for most of us...)

My condolences - at times like these (as mentioned in another thread) words don't really change much no matter the sincerity of the emotion behind them...

[Frown]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 11:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences.

The death of someone close is never easy, but when it comes 'out of the blue', it's doubly difficult. I guess it shows the truth of the old saying about living every day like it's your last.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10705 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 15:22      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 16, 2007 15:43      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] [cry baby]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 20:08      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Crawgator. *hug*
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 17, 2007 09:51      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, CrawGator... [Frown]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2007 09:51      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear your news, CrawGator.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiroth
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8543

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2007 19:22      Profile for Tiroth   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry... [Frown]

-Tiroth

Let us not lament too much the passing of our friends. They are not dead, but simply gone before us along the road which all must travel.

-Antiphanes

--------------------
Life is neither a good nor an evil; it is simply the place where good and evil exist.

-Seneca

Posts: 35 | From: Death Valley | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture