homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Are you a web celebrity? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Are you a web celebrity?
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2007 10:43      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
After looking through a few more pages, it seems like my GC picture is being used all over the place as an example of a fat, ugly, nerd girl. [weep] [Frown]

At risk of crossing the fine line into vulgarity (not to mention flogging a dead horse), I think there are plenty of guys around here who could show physical evidence* that indicates the contrary. I for one have thought you're pretty hot since I first saw your photo.

OK, I'm going to shut up now.

*You pervs! Elevated heartbeat and dilated pupils are physical, no?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1758 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2007 16:06      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are 0 hits for my name in quotes. Same if I include the middle name or put it last, first.

There is one with my middle initial from a news site.

However if you look for firesnake...

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 05:32      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I type in my name, it comes up with no pages or a 'did you mean_____' message.

However, my nickname is a town in Russia [crazy]

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 06:11      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by never_ask_why333:
Whenever I type in my name, it comes up with no pages or a 'did you mean_____' message.

There's a town in Russia called never_ask_why333? [crazy] [Razz]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 06:11      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
And it looks like my picture here was used as an example of geek girls.

http://www.kirupa.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-196566.html (toward the bottom in a post by eurosickwitit)

It is really hard to read their writing, so I'm not sure if that one is complimentary or not. :/

After looking through a few more pages, it seems like my GC picture is being used all over the place as an example of a fat, ugly, nerd girl. [weep] [Frown] [/QB]

Are you sure they weren't using my picture? [Wink]
No, sorry. If it's true, they're complete bastards. You are NOT a fat or ugly. You look incredibly cute in your photo. Nerd girl however is debatable but that's a GOOD thing! [Smile]
*sends hugs*

Posts: 93 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 06:20      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an ego that needs feeding, so yeah, I've googled myself a number of times. [Wink]
Both my real name and another nickname come up but it's nothing that's really important or of use to me. [Wink]
It's mostly fandom stuff anyway...and who the hell cares if you're known in fandoms?? I mean, everybody can be famous in fandoms. For knitting Spock or writing fanfic about Harry Potter/Snape. [Wink]

Posts: 93 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 09:26      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
quote:

There's a town in Russia called never_ask_why333? [crazy] [Razz]
Of course! Haven't you heard? Its right next to LaLa Land!

But no, I'm just not posting my name because this is a public site, with stalker potential. And considering that I am the only one, apparently, with my name.....well I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 10:22      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the efforts to make me feel better, but as soon as I found out that my picture was at the top of the hits for "geek girl" that completely took the sting out of it. If it was that quick and easy to find with a google search then I know it wasn't personal at all. I guess the only way I could think of people finding it before was coming to the forums, reading my posts, finding my picture, and then making fun of me. But if they find it with two seconds of looking and know nothing about me, then it was just a cheap joke that didn't really mean anything.

However, it is really neat to find out that some of you think I'm hot. [Big Grin]

Incidentally, if I search for my real name in quotes, I am apparantly a famous singer. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 10:43      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But no, I'm just not posting my name because this is a public site, with stalker potential. And considering that I am the only one, apparently, with my name.....well I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

Stalking is more fun when you make it a challenge, anyway. [evil]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 10:51      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I read the title of this thread, I want to coin the word "web-lebrity"

Does that make me sick?

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 12:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shriver:
Every time I read the title of this thread, I want to coin the word "web-lebrity"

Does that make me sick?

Dunno about you, but it makes me sick.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture