homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Rabbit VS Snake (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Rabbit VS Snake
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 05, 2007 23:45      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ez5QPW-ku4

[Applause] [crazy]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 02:28      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rabbits are the most viscous creatures out there.

[NSFW][blood]

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 02:34            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Viscous? Yep, that blood looks thicker than water...
IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 10:01      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I quoth:

Tim: There he is!
King Arthur: Where?
Tim: There!
King Arthur: What? Behind the rabbit?
Tim: It *is* the rabbit!
King Arthur: You silly sod!
Tim: What?
King Arthur: You got us all worked up!
Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
King Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Sir Robin: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
Tim: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Sir Galahad: Get stuffed!
Tim: He'll do you up a treat, mate.
Sir Galahad: Oh, yeah?
Sir Robin: You manky Scots git!
Tim: I'm warning you!
Sir Robin: What's he do? Nibble your bum?
Tim: He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!
King Arthur: Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!
Sir Bors: Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!

and we all know what happened then... now don't we?

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 10:19      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy, Ashitaka, uilleann, & SpazGirl_____________ Where I worked a coworker came in late one morning, declaring that he was late because. A crow was attacking a baby Bunny but that Ma Bunny wanted no part of watching her offspring become food. The adult rabbit would tackle the crow and force it to release the bunny, the crow would leave, get altitude and plan an airstrike, grab the baby only to be tackled again. According to the coworker this went on for about twenty minutes. Finally the crow flew off for the last time, ma picked up her offspring by the nape and went into the burrow.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 11:45      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

bunny!! (that's delbert)

all together now: "awwww"

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 12:41      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
d'awwww, bunny.... I want to hold him and squeeze him and I will name him George [Razz]

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 19:16      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be vewy quiet, we're hunting wabbits. Heheheheh!

Poor bunny does not know he is messing with a Mafia snake.

As for BA's bunny: Awwwwwww what a wuvewy bunny.

OK I'm a widdle cwazy [crazy]

EDIT: LOL To three thou shall count. Yes we know what happened to the Kinghts!

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2007 21:27      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That rabbit thinks he's Steve Irwin!

All that snake needs is a holy hand grenade [Smile]
 -

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 06:08      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is pretty funny. My daughter has gotten into rabbits, and the one mini-lop that we have does get to make occasional pilgrimages into the house. Lately it has taken to chasing our cats around. Not vicious like the video, but it is funny to watch the vegetarian rabbit chase the carnivorous cat.
Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 06:52      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know what makes it cute to me? The snake's size, the shape of its head, and its markings make it look remarkably like a northern Pacific rattler, crotalus oreganus, so the tissue necrosis that will result from the untreated bites will cause that fuzzy li'l guy to die, either in about two days from sepsis if the bites were deep enough, or in about a week from gangrene. [Big Grin]

(I hate rabbits...they're dirty, stupid enough to break their own backs when handled, and loaded with allergens. (My boyfriend was stuck with his ex's rabbit for a while, and when it wasn't getting the crap clawed out of it by the cats because it forgot that it could run away, it was snacking on its own shit. Ugh.))

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 08:11      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demosthenes wrote:
I hate rabbits...they're dirty, stupid enough to break their own backs when handled, and loaded with allergens. (My boyfriend was stuck with his ex's rabbit for a while, and when it wasn't getting the crap clawed out of it by the cats because it forgot that it could run away, it was snacking on its own shit. Ugh.))

Oh c'mon... admit it. We all know you secretly love them:

-

As a side note, it's been nice knowing you all. Look for my obituary to show up any day now [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 08:50      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
As a side note, it's been nice knowing you all. Look for my obituary to show up any day now

/me pushes the Big Red Button. Might want to evacuate, Steen, you big bastard. [Big Grin]
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 13:16      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be watching the rabbits outside my office window now, waiting for them to attack unsuspecting students!
Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 08, 2007 13:29      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

/Me smells a GIMP contest coming on. [evil]

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 14:39      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demosthenes wrote:
/me pushes the Big Red Button. Might want to evacuate, Steen, you big bastard. [Big Grin]

I tried to alter a picture into a clown face and put a big red clown nose/button on you, but it looked wayyyyy too much like a ball gag got loose during some unholy combination of BDSM and the Ringling Brothers.

I think I've permanently traumatized myself.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 16:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love what you're doing with your hair these days, Demosthenes.
 -

This is a rather new look for you, no? Very fetching.
[thumbsup]

Steen: Sell some of these as posters. It'll provide funding for your pending escape. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 18:15      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KA-Click! Bun-bun!

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
chicgeek
Geek
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 19:37      Profile for chicgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Viscous? Yep, that blood looks thicker than water...

... hee. snort! The rabbit looks vicious, too! [Geek] [Cool] [Wink]

For unbearably cute rabbit (and other animal) exposure, visit www.cuteoverload.com. I <3 that site!

Posts: 235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 19:56            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try www.cuteoverload.com :)

As far as I recall, putting a trailing dot on a domain name (as you did, albeit by mistake) is valid and quite possibly recommended but it trips up Cute Overload and generates a 403 Forbidden response for '/'.

IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 20:51      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uill: You are quite correct that the final dot is perfectly valid. Mind you, the dot is implied in common URLs, but to be precise, it refers to the DNS root. In fact, if DNS lookups are being wonky*, doing a dig on foo.com is not nearly as successful as doing one on foo.com. [**] However...the virtual server cuteoverload is hosted on probably treats the FQDN with final dot as a different domain name, and it isn't set up for that.

*A very technical term, mind you.
**Originally, I had them in the reverse order, but I couldn't very well end my sentence without a period (full stop), now could I?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 20:58      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97 wrote:
I couldn't very well end my sentence without a period (full stop), now could I?

Of course you could!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

chicgeek
Geek
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 21:04      Profile for chicgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doh!
Posts: 235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 07:07      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I tried to alter a picture into a clown face and put a big red clown nose/button on you, but it looked wayyyyy too much like a ball gag got loose during some unholy combination of BDSM and the Ringling Brothers.

I think I've permanently traumatized myself.

I hope, for your own sake, that you never walk in on me having sex. You'd have to take a cattle prod to your eye sockets. [evil]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 12 posted January 09, 2007 07:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demosthenes wrote:
I hope, for your own sake, that you never walk in on me having sex. You'd have to take a cattle prod to your eye sockets. [evil]

Only if there's clown makeup involved...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture