homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » [Romo]. Cowboys not so hot, even in Texas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [Romo]. Cowboys not so hot, even in Texas
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 04:38      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Amateur Recap and Opinions/Rant)

Did anyone happen to catch the Dallas/Detroit game today?

I was at work and was able to watch the whole thing, and I am thoroughly disappointed. I am a Dallas fan, although after today's game I am almost embarassed to say so.

Ever since Troy and Emitt have been off the team, the Cowboys haven fallen...and lets just say that it has not been a graceful fall.

Todays game would help decide between Dallas and Philadelphia going to the next level. Many people were hoping-and even expecting- for Dallas to win the game today.

Detroit has done pitifully this year, in many opinions. If I am remembering correctly, they only had two wins.

And the game started off terribly. In the first few minutes of the game, Dallas made a touchdown. But due to some technicalities (tipping, 'fouling', and the like), they were penalized and the touchdown was not counted. Hmm, way to start off on the right foot, eh?

Most of the game was pretty close. One team would score, then the other, and for most of the game both teams were neck and neck. However, it was the last few moments of the fourth quarter that upset me so much. Dallas had possession, second and goal, just 6 yards to go. Romo, the QB, twice threw it out of bounds when he was left with no other choice.

On fourth and down, he decided to run it. I will suffice in saying that the final score was 39-31, and not in Dallas' favor.

I cannot believe Parcell (Dallas' Coach). Honestly I have never much liked the dealings of this man. I do not agree with the plays he has been choosing as of late. They seem to be older-- the rest of the NFL knows them by heart and has therefore moved on. I also do not agree with Tony Romo being the quarterback. I think he has the brains enough to be in the NFL, but not the experience. I am no expert, but I see him making mistkes that I see in my own highschool football games. Also, he cannot keep his hand on the ball! He fumbled so many times today, or otherwise forfeited possession, giving Detroit such an easy win.

Overall, I am thoroughly disappointed. I miss the old days of Dallas, when the games were actually worth watching-- when supporters did not shake their head in digust and feel embarassed to wear that Cowboys's sweatshirt on their way home from the Sports Bar. I would really like to see a new coach, and some new players. Hopefully it will be soon, so that it will not be too late for the Cowboys to regain atleast some of their dignity.

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 04:47      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never_ask_why333______________________No wnder it got so cold last night, HELL FROZE OVER Detroit won. Hey CP did you hear that DETROIT WON.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2007 14:47      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

I just ordered a DirecTV HD receiver/DVR as my own personal Christmas gift, then turned around and recorded the whole thing. Then transferred it to recordable DVD.

I still can't believe it -- same result every time. Wierd.

Figured the Lions would blow their #1 pick, but didn't think they would do it this way.

I mean Mike Williams did not drop the game-winning TD reception?

Sorry, Never, but there are some hopeless Lions fans here.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2007 15:28      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it looks like there is still some hope to cling to, Colonel.

But as for Dallas...thats another story. [ohwell]

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture