homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » On olde times...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On olde times...
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 09:02      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not posted for a while but it's good to see so many non-new faces still posting. I've been both busy and lazy and I'll sum up what's new as briefly as humanly possible.

I got engaged Feb 2nd.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 09:08      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then let me be the first GCer to officially congratulate you...

[thumbsup] and best wishes for the future and all that

Better start saving - them weddings don't come cheap dude, just ask DNM!!!

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 09:28      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(And Rhonny, even though she is not yet engaged.)

Congratulations, and don't forget you can always come here when things get too hectic and you need a break!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 09:49      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run!!!! It's not worth it!!!!

Just joking, Congrats.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 12, 2006 09:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooby! great to have you back! [Big Grin]

congrats!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 12:52      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ooby, nice to see you about again [Smile]

Congratumalations!!!

Looks like GC engagement season is upon us, and GC wedding season will be soon to follow... I'm considering abducting the next boy who comes along just so I can keep up [Razz]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted April 12, 2006 16:09      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*puts away grumpy old man personality.

Congratulations dude. [Smile]
Good luck and all that. And remember all the great wisdom i typed to jace raven.
The most important being.
"toilet seat down."

*puts on grumpy old man personality and walks away muttering about "it all not being worth it"

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 17:55      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, all.

We're going to have a casual backyard wedding, so we're hoping that it won't cost us an arm and a leg (we still have to buy the backyard).

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 07:40      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ooby:
Thanks, all.

We're going to have a casual backyard wedding, so we're hoping that it won't cost us an arm and a leg (we still have to buy the backyard).

I got married in a hotel lobby. It was a spur of the momment kind of thing.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 09:30      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just paid for our reception hall/dinner yesterday.

My bank account is jumping around like someone who just got stabbed in the ass with a pitchfork screaming, 'ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!'

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 10:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ooby, welcome back.

Congratulations. Don't forget the Elvis/Vegas option. [Wink]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 10:46      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 19:13      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, congratulations Ooby, and welcome back. [thumbsup]

Don't worry too much about wedding expenses -- contrary to popular belief, it is possible to do a nice wedding inexpensively. I think mine cost a grand total of $2000 when all was said and done. So, it's not so bad. [Wink]

Just don't forget to post pictures after the big day, okay?

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture