homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Fave Super Hero /cartoon character

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fave Super Hero /cartoon character
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 5 posted April 04, 2006 18:11      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read the post on Spiderman's birthday, and was wondering what everyone's favorite super hero/comic book character is and why . We might as well include regular cartoon alias' as well.

I like Batman because of all the cool things he has, all the cool things are black, he is rich, smart, hot as hell, and can kick ass.
I was watching Batman a little while ago with my little brother and couldn't understand how the Batmobile could be in the middle of a bombed warehouse and just roll out, but his fly-thing gets hit with hook-thing, and just goes to pieces.
My fave cartoon character is Sheen from Jimmy Neutron because he is funny, and such a nerd. I see that since I am posting on a geek site, that Jimmy should have been more my taste, not to mention we would look perfect together with our enormous heads(He looks like a hot-air-baloon and I a stop sign), but Sheen reminds me of my last geek . *sniffles*

Who does everyone else prefer ?

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
ARJ
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 157

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2006 21:16      Profile for ARJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't normally like characters from the Marvel universe, but I love She-Hulk. She's smart, she wears glasses, she's got super-strength, and she's got a sassy sense of humour. Plus I like the colour green. How can you beat that?

-

My favourite cartoon character is Gir from Invader Zim.

-

--------------------
Katie West: Well done steak? Really?

Warren Ellis: Yes. Because MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE UNTIL IT NO CRY ANY MORE THEN EAT IT DEAD

Posts: 1197 | From: Sydney, NSW, AU | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2006 21:19      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the classic characters make my guts wallop wonderfully. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. They make up a new western mythology. But I think I like Ranma from the Ranma 1/2 anime series. For those not familiar, Ranma changes gender when moistened. This leads to great scenes where rivals both want to kill and love the same character. Plus the grand master of Ranma's martial arts school has an underwear fetish. Good stuff. Read it if you can.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 00:40      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 01:00      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 01:08      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is a no brainer.

Ashitaka

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 05:14      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
For cartoon characters, Cinnamon Scudworth, mad scientist and principal. (Clone High is the best cartoon evar.)

-
As for superheroes, John Constantine totally wins for me (and the remake makes me want to punch Keanu Reeves in the throat even more).

Batman's a very, very close second to Mr. Constantine, mind.

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 07:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I don't care if they're not superheros. They're my superheros. [Razz]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 08:15      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have what some may consider an unhealthy obsession with the Marvel Comics character Jean Grey, and, more recently, her daughter Rachel Grey. Both redheads, both hot, both with really neat psychic powers. Who could ask for anything more? I mean, besides that whole "they could be real people" thing?

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 08:19      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
 -

I don't care if they're not superheros. They're my superheros. [Razz]

Best. Cartoon. Ever. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 08:33      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bastila From KOTOR

-

On SWG I even have a Lightsaber based on hers with the yellow crystal and double ended.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 08:40      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite my nickname, I'd have to go with Batman. Dark, intelligent, filthy rich, yet vulnerable.

As far as cartoon characters go...

-

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 08:59      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartoon? Hard to tell. Manga/anime would be easier, but you ask for cartoon. Then I'll say Stitch, with Maggie Simpson a close second.

As for superhero, it's easy, but you don't know her, as she is my creation from back when I was young teen. There weren't many female superhero then, at least, not many that I knew of, and none were coherent enough as a character that I could look up to. So I made up one. And she kicks major ass, I can tell you. (Ok, pretty easy when you can pick the best abilities from other superheroes and add some SF tricks and technologies.)

... If you insist on one you know of, I might say Storm.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 09:38      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Spaulding, hands down. He might not be a superhero, but what can possibly be more awesome than an insane murderous clown? [evil]

-

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 14:55      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than Spiderman, Johnny Bravo is the best.
Oh, Mama!! Wanna watch me comb my hair real fast??

-

Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 15:55      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, as cartoon characters go, I've always liked Vash from Trigun. Even if he is a spaz most of the time. [Big Grin]
 -

As for comic book characters, well...
I'm kinda biased. [Wink]

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 16:39      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DRUNK :... totally miss Animaniacs.( Hysteria was a good one, too, as well as Pinky & the Brain, Loony Tunes ... ect.)

LoneWolf : Ahhhh I miss JB also !

Ze : If we wanted to talk about disturbing Movie Characters, I am sure that is what the topic would have said.

Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 14 posted April 05, 2006 16:41      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please excuse my double-post, but I wanted to mention that when Pokemon first got a television series here (I was about nine) I had a MAJOR crush on James from team rocket. What a total hottie.
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 20:39      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2006 21:58      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a sock puppet??

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 01:43      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not big into comics, but spider jerusalem (transmetropolitan) is rather good, and I also appreciate bender from futurama in the cartoon genre.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 07:45      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Is that a sock puppet??

It's Ed the Sock! He's the man! He's angry, smart, and mean! He's awesome.

And a little piece of me died when I met ed the sock in person, and more aptly, met the guy with the puppet on his hand -- he was nothing like what I expected.

LoneWolf: And yes, Johnny Bravo kicks ass!

BTW, did you by chance get your nick from the character in Final Fantasy 3?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 17:39      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
 -

"What's the matter, kid? Don't you like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aren't we fuckin' funny? You best come up with an answer, 'cause I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your mom, and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole fucking family."

Best clown ever. [Big Grin]

Scandrea
Newbie Larva
Member # 5064

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 17:51      Profile for Scandrea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite comic hero (not exactly a superhero, but OK) is Agatha Heterodyne... Girl Genius!

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com

Cartoons are a little bit tougher... I liked Animaniacs, but I kind of liked Tiny Toons better.

Popular superheros- Spiderman.

Posts: 8 | From: State College, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2006 18:07      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Harvey Birdman

2. Homsar

3. Simon Belmont from "Captian N."

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture