homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » a (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: a
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 20:04      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 20:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bits you get to see on the way to and while sitting on top of a mountain.
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 20:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kind that's best enjoyed naked, with beer.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 20:59      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 21:08      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer the mountains of my homeland (western Montana), but I also enjoy flat, arid environments-- think New Mexico, and parts of Eastern Montana. However, for the latter, temperature doesn't matter- a flat, dry piece of desert is just as attractive to me as a flat, cold, windy piece of tundra.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 21:19      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
a flat, dry piece of desert is just as attractive to me as a flat, cold, windy piece of tundra.

Are they not the same if you ignore the temperature?

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 21:20      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 21:35      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like glaciers, high alpine meadows, and redwood forests.

I also like rocky cliffs, but only solid rocky cliffs. I've learned through bitter experience that rotten rocky cliffs and I don't get along very well. :/

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 22:07      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moorland is my favourite. It was a good day when I took this photo:

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 00:50      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything with rocks. Preferably spikey mountainous rocks, but I'll take most localities as long as there are interesting rocks. Also, a couple of lakes wouldn't go amiss. Which is why me <3 the Lake District [Smile]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chicky
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 04:48      Profile for Chicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places in the world, such as in lord of the rings. And beaches, you can never go to too many beaches
Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 04:58      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this? (I've shown it here before).

-

The best bit of Ireland there is, though the photo isn't so good...

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 05:53      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 06:17      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newfoundland's rounded mountains on the waterfront.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 12:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like mountain country myself, probably because my ancestors lived in places like this...

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 12:58      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glencoe, huh? So what, are you a MacDonald or a Campbell? (Careful, now.) [Smile]

btw - this be where I hail from.
 -

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 13:25      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is hard. I guess I like getting to see new nature I haven't seen is my favourite.
I must admit that for day to day living in nature that I am not as big on flat. I've been in mountains too long.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 14:16      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 14:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, one of the most fantabulous places oi've ever been to is Lochnagar in the Eastern Highlands. Wandering around them parts brings back memories - be sure to take thick clothing if ye ever go, though. It don't 'alf get brass monkeys, ennit. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 15:55      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 16:05      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love visiting the Giant Sequoia groves in the Sierra Nevadas. It's such a humbling experience to be in the presence of those trees.
 -

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 21, 2005 18:04      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree on forests and beaches.

What's really refreshing is a nice forested area in the mountains.

I'm from the foothills of the Blueridge mountains, in South Carolina, but it's been years since the last time I've been able to make it back there. I was little, so I would go with my family to hike up the mountains. . . one of them had a waterfall [Big Grin] .

The beach is certainly fun. The was a nice beach I used to go to in Florida, St. Andrew's beach. It had an area that was protected by jetties. It was a cirular area that was alost completely cut off from the rest of the ocean.

It had no waves, the water was crystal clear, and the sand was soft and sugar white.

It's been a while since I've been there, so I'm not sure what it looks like anymore. There have been a few bad hurricanes since the last time I've been.

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 18:42      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kind with no people in it.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 19:34      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GMx wrote:
The kind with no people in it.

Chernobyl!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2005 19:48      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Soviet Russia all nature is Chernobyl!
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture