homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Im getting shot at

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im getting shot at
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 20:42      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding. People are out to kill me. But then again I am out to kill ppl too.

Na, we are having a giant watergun fight, but you are given a target to shoot, and when you do, you take their target. But you have to watch out, as ppl are trying to shoot you too. Its fun. Its Dorm-wide, and the guy i have as my first target will be shot tomorrow morning, as hes in my first class.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2005 20:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo!! I remember doing something like that in my residence hall. 'Twas fun! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. (And make your RA proud by meeting new people. [Wink] )

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
BronzeG3
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2005 03:45      Profile for BronzeG3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We never did anything like that, but we did play hockey in the hallway once.
Posts: 44 | From: VTech | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2005 06:59      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm getting shot at too...except I dont get to meet too many new people.
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2005 08:31      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We played a game like that on our campus, too.

Of course, then there is the time someone shot out one of the back windows to my apartment a few years back. No one was home, though, so it would be a stretch for me to say someone was actually shooting at me.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2005 13:01      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily I won't get shot at often, though if something would be shot at us...Well, does U.S.S Cole ring a bell?

Deadly projectiles aside, paintball is awesome. I recommend that version of getting shot at anyday. Maybe not in a dorm though...I don't quite think they would, um, appreciate that.

Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2005 17:29      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Tree:
Deadly projectiles aside, paintball is awesome. I recommend that version of getting shot at anyday. Maybe not in a dorm though...I don't quite think they would, um, appreciate that.

On the other hand, what are security deposits for? =)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 01:08      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you tried to shoot soemone over here with water, the water would be frozen before it hit them !! its bloody freezing [Big Grin]

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 05:25      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't play with guns when I went to school. Our big sporting event was the "Bong Olympics". You had to take a bong hit, run down three flights of stairs, take another, and run back up. Best set of times wins. This went on for years - WITH SIGNS FOR IT POSTED - and the house master never did anything about it. Ah, the good old days.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 09:43      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, we're doing something much like that at the moment here [Big Grin] See if you can guess which one's me... [Wink]

EDIT: You can shoot people in class?!

Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 18:41      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Complete nutters Stibbons [Wink]

I remember playing 'Killers' at school, over 25 years ago (arrgh, that long!). We got seriously told off for doing so, but it was fun what with water bombing out of windows, rubber dart guns (and bows) and anything else we could come up with.

Of course I was looked at strangely, why do you ask? [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2005 01:05      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
over here its racing computer chairs down the maths corrider [Big Grin]

hit and run incidents have been reported [Big Grin]

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2005 10:20      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your shooting games sound a lot like the 'Mafia' game my old dorm floor plays. The only differences being we use Nerf and playing indoors has long since been prohibited.

Those are some of the most stressful three days in college. We might get into it just a little too much. Some people (not me, I swear [blush] ) have even skippied midterms for fear of an ambush...

--------------------
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.

Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture